Photo by Penny LomenickKeranie Jones (right) of MA turns up it up a notch in the 100 meter dash. She finished second.
MA athletes going to Jackson
Twelve Marshall Academy athletes are advancing to the Class AA State Track and Field Meet this weekend at Jackson.
“I’m proud of my boys’ and girls’ performances at the North State Meet last week,” coach Jeremy Ervin said.
A couple of runners, Philip Parks and Keranie Jones, ran personal best times in the 100 meter dash. Also, Everette Jones ran a personal best time in the 400 meter dash.
Those who finished in the top four of their events at Clarksdale and are moving on to state follow.
• 100 meter dash – Philip Parks, first, 10.86.
• 200 meter dash – Sam Greer, third, 23.52.
• 400 meter dash – Everette Jones, second, 55.68.
• 1600 meter run – third, Dreek Moore, 5:46.36.
• 4x100 meter relay – Tyler Evans, Jeremiah Jones, Sam Greer, Philip Parks, third, 47.48.
• 4x200 meter relay – Anthony Mayfield, Jeremiah Jones, Sam Greer, Philip Parks, third, 1:39.78.
• 4x400 meter relay – Cyrus Pearl, Everette Jones, Philip Parks, Tyler Evans, second, 3:53.84.
• High jump – Philip Parks, second, 5-10.
• Triple jump – Philip Parks, third, 41-2.
As a team, the MA boys placed third overall with 33.5 points. They trailed first-place Central Holmes, 89.5, and second-place St. Joseph, 61.
• 100 meter dash – Keranie Jones, second, 13.08.
• 100 meter hurdles – Erin Lomenick, third, 18.42.
• 4x100 meter relay – Erin Lomenick, Kaylan Parks, X’- zorria Jones, Keranie Jones, second, 54.76.
• 4x200 meter relay – Erin Lomenick, Kaylan Parks, X’- zorria Jones, Keranie Jones, third, 1:57.07.
• High jump – Keranie Jones, third, 4-7.
State field events will be held Friday at Jackson Academy, and then state running events are Saturday at Jackson Prep.