Byhalia schools announce registration
All students (current and new) must register for the 2017-2018 school year! Registration will resume on July 18 through 20, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. and Friday, July 21 from 12--6. Parents must provide two current proofs of residency with the current physical 911 address. The proofs of residency must be dated June 2, 2017, or later. The proofs of residency must be in the parent’s or legal guardian’s name.
To enroll a child in school, parents must present school officials with the following:
• Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate. No copies.
• A shot record on a MS Compliance Form 121 (All upcoming seventh grade students must receive a Tdap (tetanus/dipteria/pertussis)booster dose of vaccine prior to the first day of school.
• Social Security Card. No copies.
• Withdrawal form with current grades or a final report card from previous school and/or transcript.
• A copy of discipline file from previous school
• A driver’s license/state issued identification with the current address.
• Two (2) documents establishing proof of residence in the name of parent(s) or legal guardian(s) from the following list must be provided:
Document I: Mortgage documents or property deed with name and address or legal apartment or home lease/rental agreement (no hand-written or personal notes accepted)
Document II: One utility bill or a payment/deposit receipt (water, gas, electric, etc.), cable, satellite, or Internet bill; bank statement, check stub, insurance for home, vehicle, or medical; vehicle tag registration, vehicle payment and/or official government mailings with current address. (e.g. Department of Human Services, Medicaid, SNAP/TANF, et. al mailing). No cell phone bills nor voter registration cards accepted.
Byhalia Elementary & Middle School Clothes Closets have a severe shortage of school uniform shirts, pants, and belts. If you have any of these items (used or new) and would like to donate, please bring items during registration. The 2017-2018 school year will begin on Monday, August 7, 2017.