Photo by Sue Watson
Employees with W.T. Contractors finish up work on covering a new sewer main buried on North West Boundary Street.

Sewer rehab underway

A long-awaited rehabilitation of the City of Holly Springs sewer system is underway.

W.T. Contractors LLC has the project to build a new lift station and repair or replace about a mile of main, according to public works director Will Denton.

The work is made possible by a Community DeveĀ­lopment Block Grant that is paying 70 percent of cost - $631,912. The city has to match the grant for the remaining 30 percent, Denton said.

The lift station is on Highway 178. It is located just west of the Bishop Houck New Hope Village homeless shelter.

Denton said there are five or six routes where new line is being laid. In some cases the sewer line is being increased in size.

Some areas where work is to be done or is being done include West Woodward Avenue and North West Boundary to 178, the Meadows, Owens Drive, Swaney Drive, Colonial Drive, Bonds Drive, Gordon Drive and Higgins Drive.

All sewer water drains by gravity into the lagoon.

Denton said July 22 is the scheduled completion date for the project.

Other projects in the works are to remove debris from city rights-of-way and to amend city ordinances for sidewalks and roads, Denton said.

This project is connected with the Team Up To Clean Up effort ongoing in Holly Springs, he said.

Holly Springs South Reporter

P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
PH: (662) 252-4261
FAX: (662) 252-3388
www.southreporter.com

Web ArchiveĀ