Thursday, February 14, 2013
Calendar of Events
• A service of ashes, Byhalia United Methodist Church, Wed., Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. Everyone is invited to this service observing the beginning of Lent.
• Banquet New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, 135 Valentine Road, will have a Banquet Of Love, Wed., Feb. 13, 6 p.m. Devotional, a play, games, prizes and food. Bro. Tony Watkins and congregation invite all.
• Parent’s Night Out at Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, will be held 6 -10 p.m. All children are welcome. Deadline for registration is Feb. 14. Please call the church at 662-838-4000.
• Brookside Spring Soccer - Registration is ongoing through February 16, with the first game March 9. Ages 5-15. Cost is $60 which includes jersey, shorts, socks, and trophy. For more information call 662-890-4069 or visit www.brooksideob.com.
• Meeting The Marshall County Republican Club will meet at JB’s Restaurant at 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Meeting W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 will meet Feb. 16, 4 p.m. at Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. Business of importance. James Alford, chairman.
• Wild game supper Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will have their eighth annual Wild Game Supper, Feb. 16, 6 p.m. Speaker will be Bro. Blaine Davis, youth minister at Barton First Baptist Church. Door prizes, good food, fellowship and more. For more info. call Tommy Davis at 662-252-6275, 662-801-6275. Everyone is invited.
• Black History Celebration Royston Chapel CME Church will celebrate the event on Sundays, Feb. 10 and Feb. 17. Our guest speaker at the 11 a.m. worship hour for Sunday, Feb. 17, will be Rev. Annie Travis, chaplain at Rust College. Royston Chapel is located at 3701 Royston Rd., south of Ashland. Pastor Gwendolyn Nelson invites everyone.
• Black history program Hudsonville CME Church, Feb. 17, 11 a.m., Sponsors Coleman, Crumb, Penilton families. Pastor Elder Bobby G. Wilson invites all.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• SPAY neuter clinic The Marshall County Humane Society will hold its low cost spay-neuter clinic in Byhalia. Please call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• PTA MEETING Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its monthly PTA meeting and a short parent training session on “Vocabulary Development” at 5:30 p.m. in the library. All parents with children at the Intermediate School are encouraged to attend. Dornetta Martin Howell, PTA president. A light snack will be served.
• Black history Ida B. Wells Barnett Museum will host its Annual African American History Fest, 9 a.m., at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 Memphis St., Holly Springs. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• Fish fry Sheriff Kenny Dickerson is helping with a fish fry for athletic travel at Bethlehem Christian School. The carry-out event will be held Fri., Feb. 22, at the new Christian school. Pickup between 5-7 p.m. Advance orders requested; call Sharla McMillen, 662-544-7149 or Amy Kiddy, 662-316-0544. Funds will support travel of student athletes to games.
• Father vs. Son Basketball Challenge hosted by Friendship Assembly of God by AfterShock Youth will be at 7 p.m. No entry fee. No admission fee. If you are interested call the church office at 662-838-4000. The church is located at Exit 18 of Hwy. 78 in Victoria.
• Benefit Program on behalf of Bro. Jerry Falkner, Smith Grove MB Church, Sat., Feb. 23, at 6 p.m. Many choirs and groups will be appearing. All are invited. For more info. contact Sis. Tonya Falkner at 901-361-9927.
• Black History Banquet, New Life Community Church, Byhalia, theme “Finding your Roots.” Hearn Grove Church in Byhalia, Feb. 23, 7 p.m. Dinner will be served. Contact Sis. Bernice Martin, 901-605-1702; Bro. Lorenzo Alexander, 901-347-9438.
• Fish fry Barton Fire Department is hosting a fish fry 5 p.m. until. Kenny Dickerson and gang will be cooking. For more information or to purchase tickets call 662-895-7565.
• Benefit program Smith Grove MB Church, for Bro. Jerry Falkner, Sat., Feb. 23, 6 p.m. Many choirs and groups will be performing. All are invited. For more info. call Tonya Falkner, 901-361-9927.
• Black history program, 1 p.m., Sun., Feb. 24, Free Branch MB Church. Pastor Rayburn and Liberty Hill will be guests. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Blues to gospel program Hudsonville CME Church, Feb. 24, 10 a.m., in the Family Life Center. Pastor Elder Bobby G. Wilson invites all.
• Black history program Wilkins Chapel youth, 11 a.m. morning service. Guest speaker, 16-year-old A.J. Alexander from Isom Chapel. Sponsored by Cathlene Wilson, Tamela Martin, Santreca Johnson. Host pastor, Rev. Robert Odum.
• Parent training Holly Springs Intermediate School Parent Center will offer a parent training session on “Basic Principles of Good Parent/Child Communication” at 12 noon in the Intermediate’s School Parent Center. Lunch will be served.
• Appreciation Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Musician’s Appreciation Day program at 3 p.m. All churches, groups and choirs are invited to attend. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 100 Men in black Greenfield Presbyterian Church (USA), 5024 Old Hwy. 7 S., Waterford. Sun., March 10, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Willie Conner of Smith Grove MB Church will be speaker. Everyone invited. W. James Lyons, pastor.
• Family & Friends day Isaac Chapel CME Church, Byhalia, Sun., March 10, 2 p.m. Pastor Joe L. Tunstall and Free Branch MB Church will be guests. You are invited. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Youth Conference, Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 160 S. Memphis St., Holly Springs. Registration, 7:30 a.m.-8 a.m., conference begins at 8 a.m. Lunch will be provided. No admission fee. For more info. contact Sylvester Lester Jr., 662-287-4437; or Jerry Martin, 662-216-9984.
• Men’s Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Men’s Day Program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Memorial Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page