Thursday, December 12, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its Federal Programs/School Improvement meeting at 10 a.m. in Dorlean Gibson’s office. Parents and community leaders are invited to attend.
• Good Morning Prayer Services, 7 a.m., at Prayer of Faith Outreach Ministries, 399 E. Van Dorn, and every Wednesday morning. Pastor Prophetess Catherine Scruggs-Todd invites all.
• Thursday, December 12, at 5:30 p.m. in city hall, the public is invited to hear about the Brownfields Project.
• Share Our Joy at Friendship Assembly of God. Contact the church office at 662-838-4000 for more information.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School Christmas program will be held at 1 p.m. in the gym. Admission is free. The public is invited.
• Blue Suede benefit for Paul McLeod and Graceland Too, Annie’s Restaurant, Holly Springs. Featuring Young Elvis and the Blue Suedes Rockabilly Tribute Show and rare Elvis artifacts auction. Not affiliated with Graceland in Memphis, Tenn. Reserve your tickets at gracelandtoo.org.
• The young men of the Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will provide a community service at Save-A-Lot Grocery Store on Sat., Dec. 14, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you shop during this time, please let the young men help with your groceries.
• CPR training for ushers at Finley Grove MB Church, 2250 Hwy. 7 North, Dec. 14, 7:30 a.m. Sign up by calling Rev. James Green, 901-604-9552.
• Grays Chapel Church, 3682 Hudsonville Rd., will be giving away clothes, Sat., Dec. 14, 8 a.m. to 12 noon in the fellowship hall. Pastor, Rev. Brian Davis Sr.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church will present their annual Christmas Cantata at the 11 a.m. service. Come enjoy the sounds of the Christmas message presented by the adult choir.
• First Baptist Church Potts Camp adult choir will present its Christmas music program at 10:30 a.m.
• Rice Chapel UMC will be having their Christmas program “A Mississippi Christmas” at 5 p.m. Refreshments will follow. Everyone is invited.
• Memorial service for Joe Couch, Faith Baptist Church, 3964 Hwy. 309 N, Barton, Sun., Dec. 15, 4 p.m.
• The Holly Springs community choir concert scheduled for Sun., Dec. 15, at Asbury United Methodist Church has been cancelled.
• Friend’s Day program, St. Paul CME Church, Lake Center, Sun., Dec. 15, 11 a.m. Rev. Bobby G. Wilson and Hudsonville CME Church will be guests. Rev. Charles Dooley, pastor. Sponsored by the choir.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School Christmas program will be held at 6 p.m. in the gym. Admission is $2. The public is invited.
• North Mississippi Rural Legal Services, Local Advisory Election, Tues., Dec. 17, 6 p.m. The election will be held for the counties of Calhoun, Desoto, Grenada, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Pontotoc, Tate and Yalobusha. The meeting will be at the North Mississippi Rural Legal Services Office, 05 County Road 1014, Oxford, MS 38655. The public is invited to attend. For more info. call 1-800-559-5074.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club’s final meeting for the year will be at the Marshall County Library on Tuesday, December 17, 6 p.m. for third and fourth graders. Bring your notebook, discussion on community service. Please be prepared to recite the 4-H pledge before you start working on the arts and crafts.
• Holly Springs Parent Center, located on Holly Springs Intermediate School campus, which serves grades 4-12, will offer a Parent Training on the School Attendance Law at 12 (noon) in the Parent Center and 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Kinmaria Carter, school attendance officer will be the presenter. Lunch and light snacks will be provided. For more info. contact Beverly Phillips at 662-252-7733.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its PTA meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. The sixth grades classes will be performing. Dornetta Howell Martin, PTA president.
• Friendship Christian Academy presents their annual Christmas presentation “It’s A Wonderful Life” at 6 p.m. Come early for seating.
• The Marshall County Chapter of the Retired Education Personnel of Mississippi (REPM) will have a Rummage-Bake sale, Dec. 20, in the parking lot adjacent to the Thomas LP Gas Company on Van Dorn, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. All items offered will be from donations and all proceeds will benefit the REPM’s college scholarship fund.
• The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, will have a living nativity on Sat. and Sun., Dec. 21 and 22, from 5 – 7 p.m., on the church grounds. Come by and see what the season is all about.
• Intersession Prayer Gathering for the family and community, 10 a.m. every third Saturday at Prayer of Faith Outreach Ministry, 399 E. Van Dorn, Holly Springs. Pastor Prophetess Catherine Scruggs-Todd invites everyone. Every Wednesday, Good Morning Prayer Gathering, 7 a.m.
• First Baptist Church Potts Camp, children will present their Christmas program, 10:30 a.m.
• Music Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God presents “An Old Fashioned Christmas” 10 a.m. during morning service. Everyone welcome. Church located on Interstate 78.
•Macedonia Baptist Church is having their Christmas Cantata at 10:30 a.m. All are welcome.
• The Victoria United Methodist Church will have Christmas Eve Communion Service at 12 noon.
For those who do not like to travel at night, come and join us at our noon service.
• CrossPointe Church presents "Christmas in the Rockies", their annual Christmas Eve by Candlelight service. Dec. 24, 6 p.m., 6400 Blocker Street, Olive Branch. Pastor Douglas Bell invites everyone. http://www.crosspointeministries.org/
• Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, The Flame, Byhalia United Methodist Church, 5 to 6 p.m. Come hear the Christmas storyand sing carols.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page