Thursday, January 30, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Holly Springs Jr. High School will hold its Honor Roll program on Wednesday, January 29, at 1 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
• Musical program for Pastor Robert McClain, Rising Star MB Church, Sat., Feb. 1, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• The Knights of Columbus will have their annual Free Throw Championship, 11 a.m., Sat., Feb. 1, at Holy Family gym, on West St. For the first time, open to 9-year-olds. All boys and girls, 9-14 years old are welcome. Call Claude Vinson, 662-252-2567, for more info.
• Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia. Meadowbrook Super Sunday will be Feb. 2, 10 a.m. with special guest “New Ground.” Lunch following worship service. Bring your family and friends. For more info, call 662-895-2608.
• America Bible Theological Seminary Institute registration and orientation, 5 p.m. Classes begin immediately following orientation. Located at Faith Baptist Church, Barton, 3964 Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia. Jimmy Cox, on-site dean. 13 weeks, Mon. evenings, 6-9 p.m. For more info, call 662-420-9554.
• Relay For Life of Marshall County team captains’ meeting, Thurs., Feb. 6, 5:15 p.m. at the county library. Please be present and register your team. If you can’t come, please send someone from your team. Planning Committee will meet at 6:15. For more info, contact Linda Whitlock Wilson, 662-252-4706 or 601-731-4934.
• The Rust College/Marshall County UNCF Banquet will be held Thursday, Feb. 6, in Shaw Cafeteria starting at 7 p.m.
• Black Heritage Month will be celebrated each Thurs. in Feb., 6 p.m. at The Gallery@156. Entertainment and speakers each Thurs. Sponsored by the Marshall County NAACP. Light refreshments.
• Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch, will have a free concert with Dallas Holm, 7 p.m. For more info, call 662-890-4069.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church, annual St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital fund-raiser fish fry Feb. 8, at the church family life center. Fried catfish, french fries, cole slaw, hush puppies and homemade desserts, 5-7 p.m. The band “Taylor Made” will play, and there will be a silent auction from 4:30-8 p.m., live auction also. All money goes to St. Jude.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, will have a singing, Feb. 8, 7 p.m., featuring Kevin Thomas and his group, the Thomas Singers. Refreshments served after the singing. Pastor Tony Watkins and congregation invite all.
• Benefit program for Willie Flemon Jr., Sat., Feb. 8, 5 p.m. at True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Holly Springs. Please come out and support him.
• First Baptist Church of Potts Camp will have a fish fry beginning at 5 p.m. for Gary “Bit” Stanton. Donations will help pay for heart surgery.
• Fifty Women and Fifty Men in Black, Providence MB Church, Sun., Feb. 9, in morning service. Everyone is invited and asked to wear black. Chair, Sis. Sandra Hodges, Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
• Revival, Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd., Feb. 10-12, 7 p.m. nightly. Bro. Steve Parrish, speaker. Bro. Kerry and Eli Nelson, music. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite all.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (third graders), Holly Springs Primary School, 1:40 p.m.
• The Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum is sponsoring after-school tutoring Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning Feb. 11, 3-5:50 p.m. For more info, call 662-252-3232, 662-252-5553.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (fourth-fifth graders), Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
• Christ New Beginning MB Church, Hearts of God Banquet, Sat., Feb. 15, 6 p.m. Speaker, Pastor Darryl Cunningham. Host pastor, Rev. Harvey L. Garrison; toastmaster, Pastor Robert Garrison.
• Black history program, New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, 2 p.m., Feb. 16. Guests will be Rev. Billy Williams and Adolphus Chapel Church. Pastor Bessie Tables invites all to attend.
• Black history program, Pleasant Hill CME Church, during the 9 a.m. worship service. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Black history program, Adolphus Chapel, Sun., Feb. 23, 2 p.m. Message by Pastor Macarthur King and Jeffery Chapel Church family. Dinner will be served. Host pastor, Billy Williams.
• Black history program, Yarbrough Chapel CME Church at 11 a.m. Dr. William D. Scott III of Rust College will be the speaker. The public is invited. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• Dynamic Gospel Explosion, many of the best mass choirs. Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eddie Wilson, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Take Pride In America Day at Chewalla Lake Recreation Area. To volunteer call Bobby Claybrook, U.S. Forest Service, Holly Springs Ranger District, 662-285-3254, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4H Club meeting (3rd graders), Holly Springs Primary School, 1:40 p.m.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (4th-5th graders), Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page