Thursday, November 7, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Prayer on the square Every Wed. morning, 7:30 a.m. “For where two or three gather in my name...”
• Flag coed football game, Byhalia High School, hosted by the FCA, Nov. 7, 6 p.m. Small admission, concessions available. Raffle held and drawn that night. For more info. call Tonya Gray, FCA faculty sponsor, at Byhalia High School.
• Relay For life Team Captains’ meeting is Thursday, November 7, at 5:15 at the Marshall County Library and the Planning Committee will meet at 6:15. Come and help us to rid the world of cancer.
• Community meeting City of Holly Springs, Ward II will hold a community meeting, Thurs., Nov. 7, 6 p.m., at City Hall.
• Hunter Safety class Nov. 7-9, Potts Camp High School. Thurs. and Fri., 6-9 p.m. Sat., 8 a.m. until. Must be 10 years old and must bring your Social Security number. For more info. call 662-840-5172.
• Revival Jones Grove MB Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, will have a fall revival Nov. 6, 7, 8, 7 p.m. nightly.
• CRAFT FAIR Arkabutla Baptist Church Craft Fair Nov. 8-9. For booth information, call 662-562-6076.
• Pastor and Wife’s Anniversary honoring Pastor Albert Pass and Mrs. Johnnye at 3 p.m. Guest is Elder Linwood Dillard and Citadel of Deliverance COGIC from Memphis, Tenn.
• BREAKFAST The Missionary Society of St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, will host its annual prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. The tickets are $7. Our guest speaker will be Rev. Alesha Agnew of Hamilton Chapel C.M.E. Church. The public is invited. Rev. Charles Dooley, pastor, and Wanda McNeil, missionary president.
• PRAISEFEST A community outreach event to benefit Hearts and Hands Ministries will be held 2-6 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 Goodman Road, Olive Branch.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, invites all to their singing on Nov. 9, at 7 p.m. Featuring the Almost Famous Cranes. Pastor Tony Watkins and congregation invite you to enjoy the time of singing with this group.
•Benefit Yard Sale Chewalla Baptist Church Benefit Yard Sale for Steve Culver at The Market Place next to Fred’s Dollar Store at 8 a.m. till 1 p.m. Rain cancels.
•Singing Winborn United Methodist Church will have a gospel singing at 5 p.m. featuring The Peppers and Friends. A meal will be served in the fellowship hall afterwards. Everyone is invited to attend.
•Fish fry Barton Volunteer Fire Department fish fry will be held 5 p.m. until. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew will be preparing the food. To order tickets call 662-895-7565 or chief Culver 662-812-1397.
• Class Advanced Bird Photography Class will be held at Strawberry Plains Audubon Center at 9 a.m.
• 45th ANNIVERSARY of the Silver Stars will be held at the Baptist Association Building, Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Admission is $7. There will be numerous groups performing and prizes given.
• HARVEST DAY - New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Joe Richmond and Union Valley M.B. Church. Pastor is Dr. Bessie Tables.
• Anniversary The Luellen Gospel Singer’s anniversary celebration will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 2:30 p.m. There will be many guests and guest choirs. Public is invited.
• Concert Unity 4 will be in concert at Slayden Baptist Church, Sun., Nov. 10, 6:30 p.m. Fellowship following the concert. Everyone is invited.
• Annual Harvest Day at New Hope MB Church, Laws Hill, at 2 p.m. Pastor Joe Richmond and Union Valley will be the guest. The public is invited to attend. Pastor Bessie Tables is the host pastor.
•Homecoming Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, will have its annual homecoming featuring Bro. Jason Watts. Service, 11 a.m.; potluck lunch, 12 noon; singing 1 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Revival Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, Tues., Nov. 12 through Fri., Nov. 15, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its PTA meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the library. The fourth grade students will present their reading projects. A light snack will be served. Dornetta Howell Martin is PTA president.
•Day of Prayer Kelvin Buck, mayor, in conjunction with Pastor’s Advisory Council, presents “Day of Prayer” 12 noon - 1 p.m. at Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis St., Holly Springs. All citizens of Holly Springs, Marshall County and adjacent communities are invited to attend. For more info., contact Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, 662-216-0369; Rev. James Green, 901-604-9552; or Apostle Tracy Jeffries, 662-629-0360.
• Super Sunday Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church hosts Annual Super Sunday Service, all day long - beginning at 9 a.m. Lots of speakers plus fish fry at 6:30 p.m.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having an Appreciation Service for Min. Sammie and Curtanya Smith at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Nathaniel Hollerman and the St. Luke COGIC of Ashland. Everyone is invited. Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• Harvest Day Royston Chapel CME Church will have their annual Harvest Day program Sunday, November 17, at 3 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor G.T. Thompson and his choral group. Dinner will be served after the program.
• Senior Citizen Day Smith Grove MB Church at 9:15 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Marvin Lucas and Bell Grove Church family. W.C. Conner, host pastor, and Deacon Conerly King, sponsor. Everyone is invited.
• Anniversary Free Branch MB Church Male Chorus will have their second anniversary, Sat., Nov. 23, at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, J.L. Tunstall.
• PASTOR APPRECIATION at Bell Grove, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church family will be special guests.
•Homecoming at Emory Independent Methodist Church, Sunday School, 9:45 a.m., worship services, 11 a.m., and Homecoming lunch following the worship service.
• Thankful Thanksgiving Worship Service at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Guest speaker Minister Jemarcus Lesure. The public is invited.
• Blue Suede Benefit for Paul McLeod and Graceland Too, Annie’s Restaurant, Holly Springs. Featuring Young Elvis and the Blue Suedes Rockabilly Tribute Show and rare Elvis artifacts auction. Not affiliated with Graceland in Memphis, Tenn. Reserve your tickets at gracelandtoo.org.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page