Thursday, October 31, 2013
Calendar of Events
•Trunk Or Treat Red Banks Baptist Church, North Red Banks Rd., from 6:30 until. Fun, games, food, etc.
• SUPPER Bluff Springs Baptist Church in Ashland will be having their annual World Hunger Supper at 6 p.m. Bro. Faron Ash and congregation welcome all.
• Harvest celebration A Place Called Hope, 8939 Mid South Dr., Olive Branch, Hwys. 78 and 305, Wed., Oct. 30, 7 p.m. for their Faith Fall Harvest Celebration. See a member of APCH and for a $5 donation you have an opportunity to receive a $50 grocery card, $25 gas card or a personal gift basket. Evelyn Finney Moore, pastor .
• Harvest Festival hosted by Friendship Assembly of God, 6-9 p.m. Carnival games, inflatables, challenges and more are part of the evening activities. Admission is one large bag of candy.
• Happy Treats Day First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant, 6:30-8 p.m. Trunk or treat! Hot dogs for all. The church is located at 1430 Boswell Road, Mt. Pleasant.
• Halloween Night Red Banks Volunteer Fire Dept. will have a truck set up at the fire station giving out candy to all the children, 5:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Mark Hannah, fire chief. Everyone wear your scariest costumes!
• FUN NIGHT Pleasant Hill young adults will host a Fall-Oween Family Fun Night 6-9 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Trunk or treat Carey Chapel Baptist Church, Thurs., Oct. 31. Cancelled if rain.
• Healthy Halloween At the Holly Springs Commons, sponsored by Rebel Body Fitness and Carlise’s Big Star. Games and healthy treats. Free event for the community.
•Pre-Anniversary Service at 7:30 p.m. at Christ Temple COGIC, 210 West Park Ave., Elder Albert Pass, pastor. Guests will be Steven Nance and Philadelphia Ministries from West Memphis, Ark.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., Fri. and Sat., Nov. 1-2, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept, at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Outrageous ’80s by friends of Marshall Academy, at the Oak Palace, 7:30 p.m. until midnight. The public is welcome. Call 252-9230 for tickets.
• Annual Freedom Fund Banquet sponsored by the MC Branch NAACP, will be held at Rust College Shaw Cafeteria, 7 p.m. Cost $25 per ticket. Mail to Mozell Kelley, treasurer, P.O. Box 943, Holly Springs, MS 38635. For more info. call 662-252-5616.
• SUPPER Wyatt-Chulahoma Volunteer Fire Dept. Hamburger Supper and Cake Walk, 5 p.m. All proceeds benefit fire dept.
• Emory Methodist Church, 10 a.m. to 12 noon, 3rd Annual “Getting Ready for Christmas” yummy recipe tastings and new craft demos, as well as making a hands-on Christmas craft items to take home. Tickets are $20 each and will cover your craft supplies as well as the delicious food items and a booklet showing the craft supplies and recipes. We need to know who will be attending so we will know how much food and supplies to get. Call Margie Thompson, (662-838-2973), or Shirley McCoy, (662-838-6655), for more information.
• Singing at Chewalla Baptist Church with Saving Grace. Fellowship at 6 p.m.; singing at 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM at St. Mark M.B. Church, 6 p.m. Program is sponsored by St. Mark Deacon Board. Pastor, Rev. Patrick Bailey. Special guests, St. Mark M.B. Choir, The Faithful Few, The Silver Stars and others. Everyone is invited.
• FCA gathering Smith Grove Men’s Ministry will be sponsoring a Fellowship of Christian Athletes Gathering for male athletes on Sat., Nov. 2 at 3 p.m. Guest Speaker, former NFL Player Terrance Metcalf of Oxford. Also featuring former NFL Denver Bronco player Quentin “Que” Saulsberry of Independence. For more information regarding this event, please call Bro. Melvin King at 662-252-3973 or Bro. Michael Harmon at 662-832-6016. Photography/autographing will be available.
• Fall carnival Holly Springs Intermediate School campus from 1-5 p.m.. Admission is $3 and game tickets are 25¢ each. We will need volunteers and donations from the community. Don’t miss out on the fun! For more information call Vicki Marion at 662-252-2329.
• Yard sale The women of Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will have a community yard sale, 7 a.m. Sale will include jewelry, novelties, shoes and clothes – especially children’s and plus-sizes.
• Car wash The men of Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will sponsor a “Shine and Dine,” a car wash and cookout at Serenity Funeral Home, 10 a.m. until.
• No singing There will be no monthly singing for the month of November at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church. We will resume in December.
• Men and Women’s Day Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Road, under the leadership of Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be celebrating their annual Men and Women’s Day, 2:30 p.m. Apostle Dr. C.L. Harris Jr. and The Greater New St. Paul MB Church of Tunica will be the guest church.
• Harvest Day program Pleasant Hill CME, 3:30 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, Mt. Pisgah CME Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Pastor’s Appreciation New Hope MB Church, 3120 Hwy 310, Laws Hill, sponsoring pastor’s appreciation, Dr. Bessie Tables, 2 p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. Brandon Blake and Mt. Zion Taska Church, Red Banks. Everyone is invited. Dinner served.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S ANNIVERSARY honoring Pastor Elder Pass and Johnnye, 3 p.m. Guests will be Elder Linwood Dillard and Citadel of Deliverance COGIC from Memphis, Tenn.
• Ole timey preaching Bro. Mickey Hoyle and members of New Harmony Baptist Church would like to invite you to a week of old timey preaching and praise. The meeting starts Sun., Nov. 3 and ends Nov. 6 -- Mon., Tue. and Wed. Services are at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• First sermon Minister George Harden will preach his first sermon at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 6 p.m.
• Homecoming Holly Hill Baptist Church, 786 Old Hwy. 7 South, Sun., Nov. 3, 11 a.m. Servant’s Heart Quartet will be guests. Frank Feathers will preach. Pastor Bob Seale invites all.
• New Narcotics Anonymous meeting, 6 p.m., Mondays, 750 Hwy. 309, Cedar Haven Baptist Church, Byhalia. For info. call Mike, 901-827-8115.
• Spaghetti supper The Marshall County Humane Society is hosting a spaghetti supper, Nov. 4, from 4:30-6 p.m. at the VFW. Plates are $6.
• Stated meeting Holly Springs Lodge No. 55. Members attend for master masons.
• The Friends of the Library will meet at the Holly Springs Library at 11:30 a.m. The speaker will be popular Mississippi author Rob Keuhnle. Rob’s series of “Piggly Wiggly” books found a wide audience of enthusiastic readers. This time, he will present the first book in his new “Cherry Cola Club” series, published under the name Ashton Lee. The public is welcome.
• Prayer on the square Every Wed. morning, 7:30 a.m. “For where two or three gather in my name...”
• Flag coed football game, Byhalia High School, hosted by the FCA, Nov. 7, 6 p.m. Small admission, concessions available. Raffle held and drawn that night. For more info. call Tonya Gray, FCA faculty sponsor, at Byhalia High School.
• Relay For life Team Captains meeting is Thursday, November 7th at 5:15 at the Marshall County Library and the planning committee meet at 6:15. Come and help us to rid the world of cancer.
• Community meeting City of Holly Springs, Ward II will hold a community meeting, Thurs., Nov. 7, 6 p.m., at City Hall.
• Hunter Safety class Nov. 7-9, Potts Camp High School. Thurs. and Fri., 6-9 p.m. Sat., 8 a.m. until. Must be 10 years old and must bring your Social Security number. For more info. call 662-840-5172.
• CRAFT FAIR Arkabutla Baptist Church Craft Fair Nov. 8-9. For booth information, call 662-562-6076.
• Pastor and Wife Anniversary honoring pastor Albert Pass and Mrs. Johnnye at 3 p.m. Guest elder Linwood Dilard and Citadel of Deliverance COGIC from Memphis, Tenn.
• BREAKFAST The Missionary Society of St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs will host its annual prayer breakfast, 8 a.m. The tickets are $7. Our guest speaker will be Rev. Alesha Agnew of Hamilton Chapel C.M.E. Church. The public is invited. Rev. Charles Dooley, Pastor and Wanda McNeil, Missionary President.
• PRAISEFEST A community outreach event to benefit Hearts and Hands Ministries will be held 2-6 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 Goodman Road, Olive Branch.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs Invites all to their singing on Nov. 9,2013 at 7pm. Featuring the Almost Famous Cranes. Pastor Tony Watkins and congregation invites you to enjoy the time of singing with this group.
• 45th ANNIVERSARY of the Silver Stars will be held at the Baptist Association Building, Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Admission is $7. There will be numerous groups performing and prizes given.
• HARVEST DAY - New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Joe Richmond and Union Valley M.B. Church. Pastor is Dr. Bessie Tables.
• Anniversary The Luellen Gospel Singer’s anniversary celebration will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 2:30 p.m. There will be many guests and guest choirs. Public is invited.
• Concert Unity 4 will be in concert at Slayden Baptist Church, Sun., Nov. 10. Fellowship following the concert. Everyone is invited.
• Revival Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, Tues., Nov. 12 through Fri., Nov. 15, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Super Sunday Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church hosts Annual Super Sunday Service, all day long - beginning at 9 a.m. Lots of speakers plus fish fry at 6:30 p.m.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having an Appreciation Service for Min. Sammie and Curtanya Smith at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Nathaniel Hollerman and the St. Luke COGIC of Ashland. Everyone is invited. Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• PASTOR APPRECIATION at Bell Grove, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatt Community Church family will be special guests.
•Homecoming at Emory Independent Methodist Church, Sunday School, 9:45 a.m., worship services, 11 a.m., and Homecoming lunch following the worship service.
• Thankful Thanksgiving Worship Service at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Guest speaker Minister Jemarcus Lesure. The public is invited.
• Blue Suede Benefit for Paul McLeod and Graceland Too, Annie’s Restaurant, Holly Springs. Featuring Young Elvis and the Blue Suedes Rockabilly Tribute Show and rare Elvis artifacts auction. Not affiliated with Graceland in Memphis, Tenn. Reserve your tickets at gracelandtoo.org.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page