Thursday, October 23, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold Report Card pick-up and Parent Teacher Conferences from 3 till 6 p.m. The PTA will hold a membership drive in Frazier 1 Hallway. Parents please join for $5.
• Revival, Davis Temple Outreach Ministry, 635 West St., Holly Springs, Elder Robert Davis. Oct. 22-24, 7:30 p.m. nightly. If you need a ride call 662-512-8514.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet Thursday, October 23, at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m. Bring your binder, wear your T-shirt and be prepared to recite the 4-H pledge.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold a parent training session on “Helping my Child with Common Core Skills” Thursday, October 23, at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Presenter will be Principal Susie Brown. Out-of-uniform passes will be given to children whose parents attend the training session.
• The Victoria Volunteer Fire Department will have a Haunted House open October 24-31, 7 p.m. Concessions available. $2 admission.
• Mt. Ollie MB Church will be having their Women’s and Youth Conference; breakfast at 8 a.m.; conference starts at 9 a.m.
• Keep The Faith Ministries will have their Second Annual Community Awards Banquet, 6 p.m., at Rust College Shaw Cafeteria. Honorees are George Zinn, Kevin Thomas, Lincoln Martin, Flick Ash, Annie Moffitt Lucas, Marsha Powell, Cheri Powers-Page, and Betty Williams. Tickets $15 each, 2/$25 and $20 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at Matthew’s Liquor Store, Byhalia, and Annie’s Restaurant, Holly Springs.
• Singing, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Holly Springs, 7 p.m. Bro. Malcolm Lindsey will be guest singer. Everyone welcome.
• Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, Fall Festival, 3 p.m. Pastor Bro. Romey Waldrop and congregation invite everyone.
• Book presentation and signing at Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, 12-2 p.m. Meet native Mississippian Thomas Armstrong.
• Sat., Oct. 25, Neighborhood Clean-Up. Meet at Faith House of Prayer Church, 9 a.m., next door to laundromat at the corner of Van Dorn and Chesterman St. All communities invited. Refreshments will be available. Sponsored by Concerned Citizens, Alderman Ward 3 Mark Miller and the Holly Springs Street Dept.
• Brookside Baptist Church fall revival Oct. 26-29 with guest speaker Steve Hale. For more info., please contact the church office at 662-890-4063.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church is having their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day during the 11 a.m. service. All are invited.
• Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will host their 119th church anniversary. Guests will be Pastor Curlie Reliford and Strawberry Baptist Church, 11 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith, host pastor.
• Mt. Ollie MB will celebrate Women’s Day Program. Guest speaker for morning services, apostle Mae L. Palmer from Aurora, Ill., will start at 11 a.m. Special guest speaker for 2:30 p.m. will be Annie Jean Spight from Hopewell No. 2. Everyone is invited.
• Installation service for Rev. Micheal Gordon as the new pastor of Smith Grove Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor McArthur King and Jeffries Chapel Church family of Oxford. All are invited to come out and welcome him into the community.
• Homecoming-Old Fashioned Day - First Baptist Church, 6874 Church Ave., Potts Camp, 9:45 a.m. Message by Bro. Herbert Luther, former FBC member, now pastor of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Ashland. Singing by local talent. Buffet meal at noon. Bro. Paul Hicks, pastor; Bro. Larry Tate, music director.
• Pastor and Wife’s Love Day for Tracy and Shreda Jeffries will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Pastor Patrick Washington and the Greenwood Church family. The church is located at 1296 S. Red Banks Road.
• Free Branch MB Church will host a breast cancer/domestic violence awareness ceremony Oct. 26, 9 a.m. The community is invited.
• Annual Harvest Day program, St. Paul CME Church, Lake Center, Sun., Oct. 26, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Michael Paul James and Smith Chapel CME Church of Abbeville. Pubic is invited.
• Holly Springs High School Class of 1986 will meet Sun., Oct. 26, 3 p.m. at Mr. Chic’s Barber Shop. All classmates please attend.
• Revival at Potts Camp Methodist Church will be held on October 27 and 28. Rev. Brownie Tohill will be the speaker, music by Mitch Stone.
• Attention: Relay for Life team The Stepping Sensations’ fund-raiser at Pizza Hut, 4-6 p.m. Bring your questions about the importance of having a will, living will and power of attorney. Contact 662-216-0450. Rosemary Brown, team captain.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will have a Halloween Party at Pizza Hut, Thursday, October 30, at 6 p.m. Members must wear a costume; a prize will be given for the best costume. Parents must accompany their child. For more information contact M. Hicks at 662-252-5920.
• Citizens Bank is having a food drive for Hearts and Hands Ministry at the main bank in Byhalia, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. For a donation of non-perishable foods, you can get a hotdog, hamburger, chips and drink. Giveaways for children also.
• “A Community Affair” Harvest Festival fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. The fun-filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatables, games, hay rides, good eats and much more. The church is located at Victoria, Exit 18, off of Hwy. 178.
• Hallelujah Night will be held at Asbury United Methodist Church from 6-9 p.m. There will be games, prizes, free food, a costume contest and free giveaways.
• Chewalla Assembly of God on Higdon Road will have fall festivities, 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Everyone come and enjoy food, games and giant slide.
• Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will have a Hallelujah Harvest Festival at the Waterford community Center, Oct. 31, 6-8. Live Christian music, food and annual “Trunk or Treat.” Bring your lawn chairs.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome. There will be fish, hushpuppies, fries, slaw, dessert and tea, $8.
• Mom’s Night Out, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church of Byhalia. Free movie and chance to win dinner for two at Colton’s Steak House and two Malco movie tickets. The church is located at 2555 Church Street.
• Fit 4 Life Breast Cancer 1 Mile Fun Walk, 8 a.m., starting and ending on the Holly Springs Square. Proceeds to be distributed to Alliance Charitable Foundation. On-site registration, 6:15 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Registrations fees includes free T-shirt, ages 7-16, $14; ages 17 & up, $20. Add $2 for all 2x and 3x shirts. Deadline for T-Shirts is Oct. 24. Mail payments to 319 Lester Road, Holly Springs, MS 38635.
• Singing, Nov. 1, Chewalla Baptist Church with Southern Image. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Everyone welcome.
• Harvest Day Program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Andre Williams of Hebron M.B. Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, everyone is invited to attend.
• Bell Grove MB Church, 853 Tyro Road, Holly Springs, will be having their Pastor Love Day to honor servant Pastor Marvin Lucas Sr., 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to celebrate this occasion.
• A three-day Hunter Education Class will be held November 3-5 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Potts Camp High School, Hwy. 178. Persons must be at least 10 years of age to be certified. Bring Social Security number and must attend each day of the class to be certified. For more information, please contact the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks North Region office at 662-563-6222.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club Recognition Program, Marshall County Library, Tuesday, November 4, 6 p.m. Parents must stay with child.
• First Baptist of Byhalia will have a Baking-cooking Contest/Harvest Festival. Free food, games and fun, 1-4 p.m. Contact Patricia Levin, 662-8950-0041, for vending spots.
• Harvest Day, Free Branch MB Church, Pastor J.L. Tunstall. Guests Pastor Raybur and Liberty Hill church family, 9 a.m.
• 14th Annual Veterans Day Celebration at Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum, 6 p.m. Refreshments provided. For additional info. call 662-252-3232.
• Barton Fire and Rescue Annual Fish Fry, 5 p.m. until. Kenny Dickerson and his gang cooking your favorite farm raised catfish, includes two sides, tea or water and desert of your choice. Tickets on sale now only $12. Pre-order tickets to guarantee availability. We will be out selling tickets door to door soon or call 662-895-7565 leave a message and we will call you to set up a time to bring them to you.
• Rev. Leroy James and Hopewell No. 1 M.B. Church Musicians’ Appreciation, 6 p.m. Choirs, male choruses, groups are invited. For more information contact Pat Boga, youth choir directress and coordinator, 662-252-7784.
• Free Branch MB Church, Pastor J.L. Tunstall, male chorus anniversary, Nov. 22, 6 p.m. The community is invited.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page