Thursday, October 17, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Singing Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia. Featuring Karen Peck and New River from Dahlonega, Ga., 7:30 p.m. Every is invited. Pastor Wade Crum. No admission, love offering.
MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular
monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive
in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Animal lovers welcome.
• Parents’ Night Out at Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, 6-10 p.m. There will be games, moon bounce and much more. Deadline for registration, Oct. 16. RSVP by calling 662-838-4000.
• Royal Rangers of Friendship Assembly of God will have a campout. All commanders and boys will leave at 5 p.m. All boys, fathers, grandfathers, etc. are welcome to come. Boys ages 8 and up must have completed and signed permission slip to go. Boys 7 and under must be accompanied by parent or guardian. Children are to be picked up Oct. 19 at 2 p.m. Call the church, 662-838-4000 for more info.
• Plant Society
Conference The MS Native Plant Society annual conference, Oct. 18-19,
at Strawberry Plains Audubon Center. For more info. visit the website
• Awards Banquet First annual Community Awards Banquet will be held at the Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis St., Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. Ronnie Strong.
• Fall festival Grays Chapel Church, 3682 Hudsonville, Rd., Holly Springs, and community will have a Fall Festival sale and health information day from 7 a.m. until noon. Breast cancer session begins at 9 a.m.
• Women’s Conference Bell Grove MB Church is having a Women’s Conference at 10 a.m. at the Chulahoma Community Center. The speaker will be minister Cheryl Rowe of West Memphis, Ark. Everyone is welcome.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church featuring Fishers of Men. Fellowship at 6; singing, 7. Pastor Andy Skelton invites all.
•Youth Explosion & Extravaganza Strawberry MB Church, Hwy. 311 N., Rev. Willie F. Jeffries Jr., 2 p.m. All youth and churches invited. Please register your church by calling Willette Jeffries, 662-551-0992.
• HOMECOMING Nichols Chapel CME Church, 92 Algee Street, Byhalia, will have their annual homecoming, 2 p.m. Special guests will be New Life Community Church. Dinner will be served after service. Pastor Dr. Roderick Lewis Sr. invites everyone.
• Anniversary service Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, Sun., Oct. 20, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Superintendent Albert Pass and Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• Singing Mt. Teamer CME Church and the Silver Stars will have their annual singing program at Mt. Teamer Church, 813 Musgray Rd., Holly Springs, at 6 p.m.
• Seven seal rally Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Marvin Lucas, pastor of Bell Grove MB Church, will preach the first three seals, and Rev. Willie Jeffries, pastor of Strawberry MB Church, will preach the last four seals. Everyone is cordially invited. Sponsored by the trustees and stewards. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Officers installed Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will install officers during 11 a.m. service Rev. Joe T. Lester of Newell Chapell CME will bring the message. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Women’s Day The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel UMC will have their annual Women’s Day program at 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Annie Travis, chaplain at Rust College.
• Anniversary Mary Brown and Viola Watson will celebrate their 60+ anniversary, Oct. 20, 6 p.m. at Strawberry MB Church.
• Homecoming Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd., Byhalia, Oct. 20, 10 a.m. Southern Image will be guest singers. Lunch will follow. Everyone is invited. For more info. call 662-895-2608.
• Love Day at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd., for pastor Apostle Tracy Jeffries and first lady Evangelist Shreda Jeffries, Oct. 20, 2:30 p.m. Minister Patrick Washington from Greenwood MB Church will be speaker.
• Founder’s day Liberty Hill MB Church, Oct. 20, 11 a.m. Special guests, Pastor Joe Tunstall and Free Branch MB Church. Pastor Calvin Rayborn invites everyone.
• Choir day Royston Chapel CME Church
will observe annual Choir Day on Sunday, October 20, at 3 p.m. The
church is located at 3701 Royston Rd., off Liberty Rd. and Hwy. 4.
Penny Tucker, choir president, and Pastor G. Nelson invite all to
• Spay clinic The Marshall County Humane Society-sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open every Tuesday, for male dogs and cats, corner of E. School St. and Hwy. 309, Byhalia. Call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• Meeting Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club, Primary School, third graders only, 2 - 2:40 p.m. Bring white binder, paper and pencil.
• Halloween Party at Pizza Hut. Come in costume, 6 p.m. Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club.
• Report cards Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold report card pickup and parent conferences from 3-6 p.m.
Parent training Holly Springs School Parent Center, free parent
training on “Bullying” at 12 (noon) in the Parent Center and 5:30 p.m.
in the Holly Springs Intermediate School cafeteria. Dr. McGhee, Holly
Springs School District psychologist, will be the presenter. The
training is for parents with children in grades 4-12. Refreshments will
be served. For more info call Beverly Phillips at 662-252-7733.
HAUNTED HOUSE Victoria Fire Department will host their annual Haunted
House, Oct. 25-31, 7 p.m. nightly. $2 admission. Concessions available.
All proceeds benefit the fire dept.
• Women’s conference Mt. Ollie M.B. Church, Potts Camp, third annual Women’s Conference, Sat. October 26. Registration, 7:45 a.m. and breakfast at 8 a.m. Conference starts at 9 a.m. Guest speakers, Evangelist Dorothy Palmer, Apostle Mae L. Palmer, Rev, Evelyn Fitzpatrick and keynote speaker will be Rev. Dr. Bessie Tables. Registration, $20 per person. Sunday evening, October 27, Women’s Day program, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. Bessie Tables and New Hope MB Church, Waterford. Everyone is welcome!
• Youth Choir Day Providence MB Church, 295 Withers Ave., Holly Springs, will celebrate their Youth Choir Day 6 p.m. Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
Gospel explosion There will be a gospel explosion at the Reid’s Gift MB
Church at 7 p.m. The public is invited. Pastor, Jerry L. Williams.
• Anniversary Jones Grove Male Chorus will have their 14th anniversary at 3 p.m. Host pastor, Rev. John Powell.
• FALL FESTIVAL Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 E., 4;30-7:30 p.m. Bounces, games, hay rides, door prizes, music, great food, For more info. call 662-890-4069 or visit www.brooksideob.com.
• 32ND Pastoral Anniversary Celebration will be held at Smith Grove MB Church on Sunday, October 27, at 2 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Marvin Brooks and Mighty God Ministries. All are invited.
• FALL FESTIVAL Sponsored by Yarbrough Chapel CME.Church, Youth and Young Adults Fundraiser, 2997 Old Hwy 4 West, Holly Springs, October 27, 4 p.m. Hayrides, food, games and fun. Call Jessica Ayers or Sirlinda Luellen (662-252-1038).
• Harvest Day Program at St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs, Sun., Oct. 27, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Patrick Bailey and St. Mark MB Church. The public is invited to attend. Rev. Charles Dooley, pastor.
• Men and Women’s Day Bell Grove MB Church is having a Men and Women’s Day at 2 p.m. The speaker will be pastor Walter Newsom of Mt. Gilliad MB Church. Everyone is welcome.
•Homecoming First Baptist Church Potts Camp homecoming, beginning at 9:30. Speaker Bro. Joe Epting. Music, the Shirley family from Union County. Lunch around 12 noon. Pastor Br. Paul Hicks. Music director, Bro. Andy Rowe.
Spay clinic The Marshall County Humane Society-sponsored, low-cost
spay/neuter clinic is open every Tuesday, for male dogs and cats,
corner of E. School St. and Hwy. 309, Byhalia. Call 662-564-2900 for
the necessary appointment.
•Trunk Or Treat Red Banks Baptist Church, North Red Banks Rd., from 6:30 until. Fun, games, food, etc.
• Harvest Festival hosted by Friendship Assembly of God, 6-9 p.m. Carnival games, inflatables, challenges and more are part of the evening activities. Admission is one large bag of candy.
• Happy Treats Day First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant, 6:30-8 p.m. Trunk or treat! Hot dogs for all. The church is located at 1430 Boswell Road, Mt. Pleasant.
• Trunk or treat Byhalia ball
field, Oct. 31, 5-8 p.m. Candy, hot dogs, much more. Come out and
register your child for baseball and softball. For more info. call Amy
McIntyre, 662-216-3117 or Michelle Feathers, 901-299-2457.
• Outrageous ’80s by friends of Marshall Academy, at the Oak Palace, 7:30 p.m. until midnight.
Annual Freedom Fund Banquet sponsored by the MC Branch NAACP, will be
held at Rust College Shaw Cafeteria, 7 p.m. Reservation deadline
October 18. Cost $25 per ticket. Mail to Mozell Kelley, treasurer, P.O.
Box 943, Holly Springs, MS 38635. For more info. call 662-252-5616.
Men and Women’s Day Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Road, under the
leadership of Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be celebrating their annual
Men and Women’s Day, 2:30 p.m. Apostle Dr. C.L. Harris Jr. and The
Greater NEw St. Paul MB Church of Tunica will be the guest church.
• Arkabutla Baptist Church Craft Fair Nov. 8-9. For booth information, call 662-562-6076.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page