Thursday, October 9, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Marshall County Humane Society Spaghetti Dinner. Location Change – This event will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, 100 S. Randolph St., Holly Springs. We will have take-out meals available too!
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA meeting with a fund-raiser kickoff at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Domino’s Pizza will be there with free pizza for all. All parents with children in grades four-six are asked and encouraged to attend.
• First annual Marshall Academy Booster Club 5K/Fun Walk starts at 8 a.m. Early registration, which ends Oct. 10, is $20. Race day registration is from 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and the cost is $25. Reg. forms available at the school or by calling Carrie Hutchens, 662-544-6050. Mail registration form, with check, to MA Booster Club, 5K, 100 Academy Drive, Holly Springs, MS 38635.
• WKRA Reunion Gospel Revue with a touch of blues, beginning at 2 p.m. with gates opening at 12 noon. Featuring Otis Clay and many other gospel groups. Marshall County Fairgrounds, Holly Springs. Advance tickets $15 available at Christine’s, WKRA and all Serenity locations or at the door, $20.
• Annual Harvest Festival for First Southern Baptist Church, Victoria, beginning at 5 p.m. Food, games, hayride and fellowship. Bro. James Wolfe, pastor, invites everyone.
• Usher training, 9 a.m. at Finley Grove MB Church, 2250 Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. Sponsored by the HSMC Baptist Assoc. Usher Ministry, along with the local Usher Federation. A CPR class will also be offered if 10 or more ushers sign up.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, monthly singing. Bro. Tony Watkins and congregation invite you for the meal at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. with a local country gospel singer from Olive Branch, Steve Waldrip. All donations and love offerings go to his ministry.
• Winborn UM Church regular monthly singing will be held beginning at 5 p.m. There will be dinner and fellowship. Featured singers will be the Servants Quartet.
• Singing, Marianna Baptist Church featuring Blood Bought. Fellowship, 5 p.m. Singing, 6 p.m.
• Neighborhood Clean-Up Meet at the Faith House of Prayer Church at 9 a.m. on the corner of Van Dorn and Chesterman. For the communities of Chesterman, Chatham, Coopwood, Ridgecrest, Greenbriar and other surrounding streets. Refreshments available.
• Rising Star MB Church will be celebrating annual Musicians’ Appreciation at 2:30 p.m. We are asking that you all render an A&B Selection. Pastor, Robert McClain.
• Spring Hill Baptist Church Homecoming. Services 10:30 a.m., followed by potluck meal, and afternoon singing with The Thomas Family. Lee Powell will be guest speaker. John Parker, pastor, invites everyone.
• Rev. Dr. R.J. and Sister Flo Wilson will be celebrating their 21st church anniversary at Mt. Moriah MB Church located at 3193 Marianna Road, during the 11 a.m. worship service. Minister Elliot Dean will be the speaker. Come and celebrate with us.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having a pre-anniversary service for pastor and first lady (Elder Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard) at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Earl Shannon and the St. Luke COGIC of Olive Branch. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• Annual homecoming 2 p.m. Dr. Rev. Curlie Reliford, Stawberry MB Church. Guest pastor, Gregory Hughes. Chairpersons Cora Jones, Chris Jamison, Jroy Shipp.
• McIntyre Baptist Church, Old Hwy. 4 West, will celebrate their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day at 2:30 p.m. Pastor Harvey Garrison and Christ New Beginning Church family will be their guests. Host pastor, Robert Garrison. Everyone is invited.
• Children’s Ministries Day at Friendship Assembly of God starts at 10 a.m. The girls and boys will have the a.m. service with kid songs, object lessons, and drama “In Christ Alone.” Your heart is sure to be ministered to. We look forward to you joining with us to support the children in their special day of ministry. Church is located on Interstate 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd., continue 1/2 mile to church entrance.
• Isaac Chapel CME will have annual homecoming starting at 11 a.m. Guests will be Etoy Bogard and the New Faith Church Family. You are invited. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Revival at Antioch Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Guest speaker is Pastor Ronnie Franklin of Ashland. Guest choir, Mt. Zion Male Choir. Rev. Roger Daniels, pastor of Antioch Baptist Church.
• Olive Branch Genealogy Club will meet 12-2 p.m. at B.J. Chain Library, 6619 Hwy. 305 N. A genealogy round table discussion is scheduled. Come share your research questions and ideas. For information call 662-895-4365 or visit www.objc.limewebs.com.
• Humane Society Monthly meeting, 6 p.m., at the shelter on Eddie L. Smith Dr. All animal lovers are welcome. Call if you need more info. 662-564-2900.
• Benefit bike ride for Randy Skelton will be held beginning at 8 a.m. Starting point will be Cousin’s, Hwy. 7 N., and end at Rattlesnake Restaurant in Tuscumbia, Ala. For more information call Chase Haney at 662-544-2260 or Kerry Skelton, 662-274-4636 for any questions.
• Grays Chapel CME Church, 3682 Hudsonville Rd., Holly Springs, will be having their annual Hudsonville Community Fall Festival and Garage Sale from 7 a.m. until noon. Food, clothes and household items will be available for purchase.
• W.T. Sims High Class of 1967 will meet at 5 p.m. at the Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs. All classmates of the 1967 graduating class are welcome to come.
• Hunter Ed Class, 8 a.m. until, Marshall County Fairgrounds. Bring Social Security number. Must be 10 years of age to be certified. To register and for more information call 662-563-6222.
• Pastor John Powell and Jones Grove Baptist Churchwill sponsor a Fun Day bus trip to Lambert’s Restaurant in Sikeston, Mo. For more information contact Pastor John Powell at 901-299-8032.
• The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel UMC celebrates Annual Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. Rev. Erin Beasley, director of Alcorn Wesley Foundation, Alcorn State University, Lorman, will be guest speaker. Rev. Zachary Beasley, pastor, invites all.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having their pastor and wife anniversary service for pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be superintendent Albert Pass and the Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited. Pastor, elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, Homecoming, 10 a.m. Guest singers, The Telestials. Potluck lunch following service. For more information call 662-895-2608.
• Special “Speed The Light” Missions at Friendship Assembly of God starts at 10 a.m. Church located on Interstate 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd., continue 1/2 mile to church entrance.
• The Victoria Volunteer Fire Department will have a Haunted House open October 24-31, 7 p.m. Concessions available. $2 admission.
• Mt. Ollie MB Church will be having their Women and Youth Conference; breakfast at 8 a.m.; conference starts at 9 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Brookside Baptist Church fall revival Oct. 26-29 with guest speaker Steve Hale. For more info., please contact the church office at 662-890-4063.
• Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will host their 119th church anniversary. Guests will be Pastor Curlie Reliford and Strawberry Baptist Church, 11 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith, host pastor.
• Mt. Ollie MB will celebrate Women Day Program. Guest speaker for morning services, apostle Mae L. Palmer from Aurora, Ill., start at 11 a.m. Special guest speaker for 2:30 p.m. will be Annie Jean Spight from Hopewell No. 2. Everyone is invited.
• Installation service for Rev. Micheal Gordon as the new pastor of Smith Grove Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor McArthur King and Jeffries Chapel Church family of Oxford. All are invited to come out and welcome him into the community.
• Citizens Bank is having a food drive for Hearts and Hands Ministry at the main bank in Byhalia, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. For a donation of non-perishable foods you can get a hotdog, hamburger, chips and drink. Giveaways for children also.
• “A community Affair” Harvest Festival Fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. The fun filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatables, games, hay rides, good eats and much more. The church is located at Victoria, Exit 18, off of Hwy. 178.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome.
• Harvest Day Program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Andre Williams of Hebron M.B. Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, everyone is invited to attend.
• Barton Fire and Rescue Annual Fish Fry, 5 p.m. until. Kenny Dickerson and his gang cooking your favorite farm raised catfish, includes two sides, tea or water and desert of your choice. Tickets on sale now only $12. Pre-order tickets to guarantee availability. We will be out selling tickets door to door soon or call 662-895-7565 leave a message and we will call you to set up a time to bring them to you.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page