Thursday, October 2, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will have its Federal Programs Committee meeting at 10:30 a.m. in Mrs. Gibson’s office. We will need volunteers from parents and the community to serve on the committee.
• Holly Springs High School will hold its first PTA meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the library, Thurs., Oct. 2. All parents, staff, students, and concerned individuals are encouraged to attend. Thank you, president Angela Mayfield.
• Cayce Volunteer Fire Department’s annual fish fry will be held from 5-7 p.m. The community is asked to donate desserts. You can purchase tickets from any Cayce firefighter or board member or at the door. For more info. call Debbie Free 901-486-5155 or Charlie Free at 901-409-1974, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• New Dimension Church, Holly Springs, will have a live CD recording featuring The Anointed Spiritualettes, Pastor Mark Granberry, The Southern Aires, Minister Larry Martin and many more, 7 p.m. For more info. contact Craig Williamson, 901-315-3702. Host pastor is Elder A. Allen.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., Fri. and Sat., 8-2 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department fish fry and auction has been rescheduled to November 1, 10 a.m.
• First Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant will have a fish fry, 5-7 p.m. Eat-in or carry-out available. $12 per plate includes Kenny Dickerson’s fish, fries, hushpuppies, slaw, dessert, and drink. The church is located at Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road.
• Women’s conference at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 10 a.m. The general public is invited, men also!
• Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located 1/2 mile south of Goodman on Cayce, will hold their annual homecoming. Special guests this year will be the Williams Family. Dinner will begin at 12 noon, with services beginning at 1 p.m. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone!
• 108th Armored Calvalry reunion will be held at the National Guard Armory, Holly Springs, at noon. Bring a dish.
• Rummage Sale - Oct. 4, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Byhalia Spay/Neuter clinic on School St., across from Old Byhalia High School. All proceeds benefit the animals at Marshall County Humane Society.
• Join us October 4, for the Byhalia Christian Writers Group, Byhalia United Methodist Church, 2522 West Church Street, Byhalia, 9-11 a.m. “Read and Share” offered to those interested in bringing a short piece to read, 11-12 noon. Please call 901-378-0504 for more info.
• Saturday, Oct. 4, wrestling at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs, doors open 6 p.m., bell time 7 p.m.
• Hudsonville CME Church will have their annual Walk-A-Thon, Sat., Oct. 4, 7 a.m., from Hogan Rd. to the church.
• Red Banks Baptist Church. 150 Red Banks Rd., Revival starts Sunday, Oct. 5, at 5 p.m. Mon.-Wed. at 7 p.m. Bro. Paul Childress speaking.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church will give honor to their pianist, Ida Patrick, for her 57 years of service at 2:30 p.m., Sun., Oct. 5. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everone is invited to attend.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having a pre-anniversary service for pastor and first lady (Elder Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard) at 3 p.m. Special guests will be apostle Joseph McKinney and the Greater Works Deliverance Ministries of Collierville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• Finley Grove Youth Choir will present their annual Choir Day, Oct. 5, 2:30 p.m. All youth choirs and praise teams are invited. Pastor, James C. Green.
• Lift Group will meet at Hudsonville CME Church, Mon., Oct. 6, 6:30 p.m. Justin Hall and Al Beck will be there with info. about the jobs coming into Marshall County.
• Old Philadelphia Church, service/meeting, 1-3 p.m. Trying to protect this beloved historic church so future generations can respectfully enjoy worship and fellowship. Contact Nancy at email address email@example.com for more information.
• Friends and Family Day, Holly Springs Church of Christ, guest speaker, Nathan Wright of French Camp, Bible study at 10 a.m., worship at 11 a.m., fellowship meal at 12 noon, afternoon service following the meal. Everyone invited.
• Hernando Road Church of Christ Annual Gospel Meeting, Oct. 5-10. Sunday, 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday-Friday, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Ralphelle Hubbard. Call for transportation needs, 662-252-1808. 1235 Hernando Road, Holly Springs.
• Monthly meeting of Marshall County Friends of the Library. Note time change. Business meeting at 11:30 a.m. with program at 12 noon. Speaker: Mississippi artist and writer, Laurie Parker, who will speak on her second novel, “Yonder Breaks the Morning.”
• Gospel Music Night, Tuesdays, Oct. 7, 14 and 21, starting at 6 p.m. In the parking lot beside Thomas LP, just off the square in Holly Springs. No admission fee.
• Marshall County Humane Society Spaghetti Dinner. Location Change – This event will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, 100 S. Randolph St., Holly Springs. We will have take-out meals available too!
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA meeting with a fund-raiser kickoff at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Dominio's Pizza will be there with free pizza for all. All parents with children in grades four-six are asked and encouraged to attend.
• First annual Marshall Academy Booster Club 5K/Fun Walk starts at 8 a.m. Early registration, which ends Oct. 10, is $20. Race day registration is from 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and the cost is $25. Reg. forms available at the school or by calling Carrie Hutchens, 662-544-6050. Mail registration form, with check, to MA Booster Club, 5K, 100 Academy Drive, Holly Springs, MS 38635.
• WKRA Reunion Gospel Revue with a touch blues, beginning at 2 p.m. with gates opening at 12 noon. Featuring Otis Clay and many other gospel groups. Marshall County Fairgrounds, Holly Springs. Advance tickets $15 available at Christines, WKRA and all Serenity locations or at the door, $20.
• Annual Harvest Festival for First Southern Baptist Church, Victoria, beginning at 5 p.m. Food, games, hayride and fellowship. Bro. James Wolfe, pastor, invites everyone.
• Usher training, Sat., Oct. 11, 9 a.m. at Finley Grove MB Church, 2250 Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. Sponsored by the HSMC Baptist Assoc. Usher Ministry, along with the local Usher Federation. A CPR class will also be offered if 10 or more ushers sign up.
• Rising Star MB Church will be celebrating annual Musicians Appreciation at 2:30 p.m. We are asking that you all render an A&B Selection. Pastor, Robert McClain.
• Spring Hill Baptist Church Homecoming. Services 10:30 a.m., followed by potluck meal, and afternoon singing with the Thomas family. Lee Powell will be guest speaker. John Parker, pastor, invites everyone.
• Rev. Dr. R.J. and Sister Flo Wilson will be celebrating their 21st church anniversary at Mt. Moriah MB Church located at 3193 Marianna Road, on Sunday , October 12 during the 11 a.m. worship service. Minister Elliot Dean will be the speaker. Come and celebrate with us.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having a pre-anniversary service for pastor and first lady (elder Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard) at 3 p.m. Special guests will be pastor Earl Shannon and the St. Luke COGIC of Olive Branch. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• Isaac Chapel CME will have annual homecoming starting at 11 a.m. Guest Etoy Bogard and the New Faith Church Family. You are invited. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Humane Society Monthly meeting, Thurs., Oct. 16, 6 p.m. at the shelter on Eddie L. Smith Dr. All animal lovers are welcome. Call if you need more info. 662-564-2900.
• The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel UMC celebrates Annual Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. Rev. Erin Beasley, director of Alcorn Wesley Foundation, Alcorn State University, Lorman, will be guest speaker. Rev. Zachary Beasley, pastor, invites all.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having their pastor and wife anniversary service for pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be superintendent Albert Pass and the Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited. Pastor, elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Mt. Ollie MB Church will be having their Women and Youth Conference; breakfast at 8 a.m.; conference starts at 9 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Brookside Baptist Church fall revival Oct. 26-29 with guest speaker Steve Hale. For more info., please contact the church office at 662-890-4063.
• Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will host their 119th church anniversary. Guests will be Pastor Curlie Reliford and Strawberry Baptist Church, 11 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith, host pastor.
• Mt. Ollie MB will celebrate Women Day Program. Guest speaker for morning services, apostle Mae L. Palmer from Aurora, Ill., start at 11 a.m. Special guest speaker for 2:30 p.m. will be Annie Jean Spight from Hopewell No. 2. Everyone is invited.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page