Thursday, January 23, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Basketball signups for the city of Holly Springs began Jan. 21-Feb. 1 for ages 7 though 17. Children and parents should come to the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Center to enroll. Must have birth certificate. There is a fee, which includes uniforms. Volunteers for coaching please call Parks and Rec director Gary Neal Hayes at 662-252-4280, ext. 1600.
• Holly Springs Parent Center will sponsor a parent training on Financial Fitness for 2014 at 12 (noon) in the Parent Center and 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Janet Jolly and Reba Bland with the Marshall County Extension Service will be the presenters. All parents with children in the Holly Springs School District are encouraged to attend. The public is also invited. PTA meeting will be held in the cafeteria at 5:30 p.m.
• Mediation and Community Dispute Resolution – guest speaker James D. Harper, JD, Oxford Mediation Center, 6-8 p.m. at the Marshall County Conference Room.
• Singing at Evangel Full Gospel Assembly in Holly Springs, 7 p.m. Pam Garner will be featured singer. Everyone is invited.
• Marshall County Fair Association, Inc., annual meeting, Jan. 28, 7 p.m. at the fairgrounds, 1569 Highway 7 North. Open to the public. Anyone interested in the fairgrounds, and its potential to make Marshall County a more economical venue, is urged to attend. For more info. call the fairgrounds at 662-252-5441.
• The Marshall County Humane Society low cost spay neuter clinic will be open. Please call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• Musical program for Pastor Robert McClain, Rising Star MB Church, Sat., Feb. 1, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• The Knights of Columbus will have their annual Free Throw Championship, 11 a.m., Sat., Feb. 1, at Holy Family gym, on West St. For the first time, open to 9-year-olds. All boys and girls, 9-14 years old are welcome. Call Claude Vinson, 662-252-2567 for more info.
• Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia. Meadowbrook Super Sunday will be Feb. 2, 10 a.m. with special guest “New Ground.” Lunch following worship service. Bring your family and friends. For more info. call 662-895-2608.
• America Bible Theological Seminary Institute registration and orientation, 5 p.m. Classes begin immediately following orientation. Located at Faith Baptist Church, Barton, 3964 Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia. Jimmy Cox, on-site dean. 13 weeks, Mon. evenings, 6-9 p.m. For more info. call 662-420-9554.
• Relay For Life of Marshall County team captains’ meeting, Thurs., Feb. 6, 5:15 p.m. at the county library. Please be present and register your team. If you can’t come, please send someone from your team. Planning Committee will meet at 6:15. For more info. contact Linda Whitlock Wilson, 662-252-4706 or 601-731-4934.
• Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch, will have a free concert with Dallas Holm, 7 p.m. For more info call 662-890-4069.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church, annual St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital fund-raiser fish fry Feb. 8, at the church family life center. Fried catfish, french fries, cole slaw, hush puppies and homemade desserts, 5-7 p.m. The band “Taylor Made” will play, and there will be a silent auction from 4:30-8 p.m., live auction also. All money goes to St. Jude.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, will have a singing, Feb. 8, 7 p.m. featuring Kevin Thomas and his group, the Thomas Singers. Refreshments served after the singing. Pastor Tony Watkins and congregation invite all.
• Benefit program for Willie Flemon Jr., Sat., Feb. 9, 5 p.m. at True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Holly Springs. Please come out and support him.
• Fifty Women and Fifty Men in Black, Providence MB Church, Sun., Feb. 9, in morning service. Everyone is invited and asked to wear black. Chair, Sis. Sandra Hodges, Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (third graders), Holly Springs Primary School, 1:40 p.m.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (fourth-fifth graders), Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
• Black history program, Pleasant Hill CME Church, during the 9 a.m. worship service. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Black history program, Adolphus Chapel, Sun., Feb. 23, 2 p.m. Message by Pastor Macarthur King and Jeffery Chapel Church family. Dinner will be served. Host pastor,Billy Williams.
• Take Pride In America Day at Chewalla Lake Recreation Area. To volunteer call Bobby Claybrook, U.S. Forest Service, Holly Springs Ranger District, 662-285-3254, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4H Club meeting (3rd graders), Holly Springs Primary School, 1:40 p.m.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (4th-5th graders), Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page