Thursday, September 25, 2014
Calendar of Events
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m. Bring your white binder, pencil and paper. Be prepared to recite the 4-H Pledge. Wear your 4-H T-shirt.
• Berachah Ministries (formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC) of Mt. Pleasant, will have a pre-anniversary service for pastor and first lady, Elder Curtis and Missionary Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Stanley Johnson and True Holiness Outreach Ministries of Collierville, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• Free Branch Bible class will be held at 6 p.m.
• The members and friends of New Freedom Family Ministries, 206 Hwy. 30, Oxford, cordially invite the public to attend their 4th annual Pastor and Wife’s Appreciation services for Elder Edwin and Missionary Fannie Smith. Pastor Tyrone Jenkins and Abundant Life Solid Foundation Ministry of Oakland will be the special guests on Wed., Sept. 24, at 7 p.m. Supt. Albert Pass and the Christ Temple Church of Holly Springs will be the special guests on Sun., Sept. 28, at 3 p.m. Everyone is welcome. For more information, call 662-380-5019.
• Humane Society monthly meeting, 6 p.m. at our Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Call 662-564-2900 for more information. All animal lovers are welcome!
• Holly Springs High School and Holly Springs Career and Technical Center will hold their Back-to- School Night at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Parents are encouraged to attend.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet 6 p.m., at the Marshall County Library. Bring your binder, and items for making your volcano. Discussion on volcanos. Visitors and new members are always welcome.
• Fellowship Baptist Church, 1593 Hwy. 309 N, will have their fall festival 2-4:30 p.m. There will be a cake walk, chili cookoff, silent auction, games and events for the kids, and hot dogs. Donations will go to help the Ladies’ Ministries. For more information call 662-838-4377. Pastor Wade Crum welcomes all to attend.
• Isaac Chapel Church youth will be giving a fish fry at 11 a.m. The church is located on Hwy. 309 S. in Byhalia. Pastor, Rev. Willie Ward.
• Culver-Teasler family reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. For more info. call Sallie Shaw, 252-4369.
• Evangel Full Gospel of Holly Springs, singing, 7 p.m. The Downs Family will be the featured group. Everyone is invited.
• AARP Driver Safety Class will be held at St. Joseph Church, 305 E. Van Dorn Ave. Registration 8:30 a.m. Class from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 662-252-2051 to register or for more info. There will be a fee for the class. Certificates will be issued at the end of the class.
• Mt. Zion-Taska MB Church will have a women’s conference, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Registration, 8:30 a.m.
• Fall festival, Jones Grove MB Church, Pastor John Powell, 11 a.m. until. Many choirs, groups and speakers. Special guests, Bob Halloway and the Southern Sons of Memphis, Tenn. For more info. call Pastor Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Revival Sept. 27, 28. Apostolic Church of Jesus, located 178 Stonewall Rd., Byhalia, will be in revival with Evangelist Bobby Carter from Sterlington, La. Sept. 27 services are at 7 p.m.; Sept. 28, 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Pastor Garland Loveless and church members invite everyone to attend. For more information, call 901-870-1934.
• Temperance Hill Baptist Church Fall Festival, 12-4 p.m. Everyone is invited. There will be food – barbecue plates, hotdogs, hamburgers; music – Southern Image and local singers; games – inflatables and more. The church is located at 5114 Hwy. 178. For more info. contact Bro. Rob Chittom, pastor, 662-419-4904, or Edgar Wilkinson, 662-333-7931. Bring your lawn chairs.
• Chewalla Baptist Church Saturday Night Singing with The Master’s Quartet. Fellowship at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• Pastor Joe Louis and Arlene Tunstall’s Love Day, 2:30 p.m., guest speaker Pastor La-Darney Mitchell, Pine Glen Echo MB Church from Pine Lawn, Mo.
• Berachah Ministries (formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC) of Mt. Pleasant will have 100 Men in Black Program, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Stanley Johnson and True Holiness Outreach Ministries of Collierville, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• Finley Grove MB Church annual Fruits of the Spirit program, 10 a.m., with the morning service. The public is invited.
• Women’s Month, True Vine MB Church, 11 a.m., Timothy Brown, pastor. Guest speaker, Evangelist Louise Moore.
• Free Branch will have morning worship at 9 a.m. and Pastor and Wife’s Love Day at 2:30 p.m.
• Mt. Zion Taska will continue their Women’s Day Conference during morning service. Their annual Women’s Chorus Musical will be held at 3 p.m.
• Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, all day long. Many speakers throughout the day. You don’t want to miss this and bring your shouting shoes.
• Reid’s Gift MB Church, Potts Camp, will be having their annual Usher Day, 2 p.m. President, Pauline Carter. Pastor, Jerry Williams. Everyone is invited.
• Providence MB Church will celebrate their Annual Mass Choir Day, 2 p.m. All choirs, groups and soloists are invited. Alonzo Johnson, pastor. For more info. contact Tammy Crumb, president, 901-289-6731; Celestine Belfoure, vice-president, 291-0879; or Lillian Johnson, secretary, 662-252-6647. The church is located at 295 Withers Ave., Holly Springs.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will have its Federal Programs Committee meeting at 10:30 a.m. in Mrs. Gibson’s office. We will need volunteers from parents and the community to serve on the committee.
• Cayce Volunteer Fire Department’s annual fish fry will be held from 5-7 p.m. The community is asked to donate desserts. You can purchase tickets from any Cayce firefighter or board member or at the door. For more info. call Debbie Free 901-486-5155 or Charlie Free at 901-409-1974, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• New Dimension Church, Holly Springs, will have a live CD recording featuring The Anointed Spiritualettes, Pastor Mark Granberry, The Southern Aires, Minister Larry Martin and many more, 7 p.m. For more info. contact Craig Williamson, 901-315-3702. Host pastor is Elder A. Allen.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department fish fry and auction has been rescheduled to November 1, 10 a.m.
• First Baptist Church-Mt. Pleasant will have a fish fry, 5-7 p.m. Eat-in or carry-out available. $12 per plate includes Kenny Dickerson’s fish, fries, hushpuppies, slaw, dessert, and drink. The church is located at Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road.
• Women’s conference at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 10 a.m. The general public is invited, men also!
• Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located 1/2 mile south of Goodman on Cayce, will hold their annual Homecoming. Special guests this year will be the Williams Family. Dinner will begin at 12 noon, with services beginning at 1 p.m. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone!
• Old Philadelphia Church, service/meeting, 1-3 p.m. Trying to protect this beloved historic church so future generations can respectfully enjoy worship and fellowship. Contact Nancy at email address email@example.com for more information.
• Friends and Family Day, Holly Springs Church of Christ, guest speaker, Nathan Wright of French Camp, Bible study at 10 a.m., worship at 11 a.m., fellowship meal at 12 noon, afternoon service following the meal. Everyone invited.
• Monthly meeting of Marshall Co. Friends of the Library. Note time change. Business meeting at 11:30 a.m. with program at 12 noon. Speaker: Mississippi artist and writer, Laurie Parker, who will speak on her second novel, “Yonder Breaks the Morning.”
• Marshall County Humane Society Spaghetti Dinner. Location Change – This event will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, 100 S. Randolph St., Holly Springs. We will have take out meals available too!
• First annual Marshall Academy Booster Club 5K/Fun Walk starts at 8 a.m. Early registration, which ends Oct. 10, is $20. Race day registration is from 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and the cost is $25. Reg. forms available at the school or by calling Carrie Hutchens, 662-544-6050. Mail registration form, with check, to MA Booster Club, 5K, 100 Academy Drive, Holly Springs, MS 38635.
• WKRA Reunion Gospel Revue with a touch blues, beginning at 2 p.m. with gates opening at 12 noon. Featuring Otis Clay and many other gospel groups. Marshall County Fairgrounds, Holly Springs. Advance tickets $15 available at Christines, WKRA and all Serenity locations or at the door, $20.
• Annual Harvest Festival for First Southern Baptist Church, Victoria, beginning at 5 p.m. Food, games, hayride and fellowship. Bro. James Wolfe, pastor, invites everyone.
• The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel UMC celebrates Annual Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. Rev. Erin Beasley, director of Alcorn Wesley Foundation, Alcorn State University, Lorman, will be guest speaker. Rev. Zachary Beasley, pastor, invites all.
• Brookside Baptist Church fall revival Oct. 26-29 with guest speaker Steve Hale. For more info., please contact the church office at 662-890-4063.
• Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will host their 119th church anniversary. Guests will be Pastor Curlie Reliford and Strawberry Baptist Church, 11 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith, host pastor.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page