Thursday, September 12, 2013
Calendar of Events
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Parents are encouraged to join the PTA by paying $5. Dornetta Howell Martin, PTA president.
• Open house Holly Springs Junior High School will hold its Open House from 6-7:30 p.m. for students in grades 7-8. Parents who attend will receive an out-of-uniform pass for their child. For more information call 662-252-7737.
• DANCE Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold a Back-to-School Dance at 6:30 p.m. $5 will be charged at the door and refreshments will be sold.
• BLOOD MOBILE United Blood Services blood mobile will be at Potts Camp High School, 8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
• Craft fair Emory Independent Methodist Church, at Watson, is holding a public craft fair Sat., Sept. 14, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Vendors can secure a booth which consists of space including a table and 2 chairs. Electricity is available if needed for the event. Reservations prior to the event are necessary; please contact Margie Thompson at 662-838-2973. Registration fee is $30.
• Saturday services CrossPointe Church, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, every Saturday at 6 p.m. Sunday services at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Douglas Bell, pastor.
• Cancer workshop Kimbrough Chapel, in conjunction with the American Cancer Society, will host its 2nd Cancer Awareness, Prevention, and Support Workshop, 9 a.m.-12 noon. Workshop will be held at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building in Holly Springs. Free food, health screening, cancer education and information.
• Sunday school night Kimbrough Chapel will hold its quarterly Sunday School night service, 6 p.m. Sunday School students and departments from all area churches are encouraged to attend. It will be an evening of “teaching and feasting.”
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, invites everyone to a singing featuring Living Proof at 7 p.m. Refreshments served after the singing. Bro. Tony Watkins and congregation invite you to join us in this fun time of singing and fellowship.
• Singing Rice Chapel United Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, with Mike Devore. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Pastor Wayne Sherfield invites everyone.
• Free Health screening Mt. Zion Taska MB Church, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Health info., vendors, door prizes and much more!
• Singing Winborn United Methodist Church, 5 p.m., with The Servants Quartet, with fellowship to follow. Everyone is invited.
• 4-H Shooting Sports An interest meeting will be held at 11 a.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds.
• CAR WASH Christ New Beginning M.B. Church will have a car wash on behalf of Men and Women’s Day, 8 a.m.
• Women’s month True Vine MB Church, worship service, 11 a.m. Guest speaker, Jerlean Hunter. Everyone is invited.
• Barbecue lunch Sponsored by Hickory Flat Men’s Club, for the Hickory Flat Volunteer Fire Department, at Hickory Flat United Methodist Church, 11:30-1:30. Tickets at the door or in advance. Fire department members are invited to church at 11 a.m. and will be served a free lunch. All donations are appreciated.
• MEN’S DAY Grays Chapel CME Church, 3682 Hudsonville Road, Men’s Day Program will be held at 2 p.m.
• Men and Women’S Day will be celebrated at Hopewell #2 Missionary Baptist Church in Hudsonville at 2 p.m. Everyone is welcome. The pastor is Rev. Danny Kimbrough; sponsors are the LeSure and Hicks families.
• HOMECOMING/ANNIVERSARY Adolphus Chapel will have their homecoming and church anniversary with guests W.C. Conner and the Smith Grove Church family. Pastor Billy Williams invites all.
• REVIVAL will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, Wed., Sept. 18-Fri., Sept. 20, 7 p.m. nightly. The guest will be Rev. Bryce Wilson. Host pastor is Rev. Willie Hoey. Everyone is invited.
•PTA Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Parents are encouraged to join the PTA. Dues are $5. The Gifted class has prepared a Greek Potluck for everyone to try.
• PTA H.W. Byers monthly PTA meeting will be held at 6 p.m in the elementary gym. Refreshments will be served.
• CONFERENCE Christ New Beginning M.B. Church will have a Men and Women’s Conference, Sept. 19 and 20, 7 p.m. Conference speakers will be Pastor James Smith from Kimbrough Chapel Church and Pastor Equator Benton from Believers In Faith Church.
• FIsh fry First Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant, will host another “Famous Fish Fry” by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson, Sat., Sept. 21, 5-7 p.m. to benefit the church building fund. Contact Marie Palmer for tickets. 662-851-7880.
• WALK-A-THON Reid’s Gift Church, Potts Camp, will have a two-mile Walk-a-Thon beginning at the church, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. Contact Pauline Carter for more info.
•Promotion day Kimbrough Chapel Sunday School will hold its annual Promotion Day program, 9 a.m.
• Women’s month True Vine MB Church, worship service, 11 a.m. Guest speaker, Louise Moore. Everyone is invited.
• FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Gwendolyn Nelson and Royston CME Church. W. James Lyons, pastor, invites everyone.
• REVIVAL First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will have revival with Evangelist Phil Glisson Sunday, Sept. 22, at 6 p.m. and Mon-Wed. at 7 p.m.
• ANNUAL CHOIR DAY will be held at Providence M.B. Church, 2 p.m. Alonzo Johnson is pastor. For more info. call Tammy Crumb, 901-289-6731; Celestine Belfoure, 291-0879; or Sandra Hodges, 544-6929. The church is located at 295 Withers Ave.
• FOUNDER’S DAY Pastor Robert McClain of Rising Star will be the guest speaker for the 129th Founday’s Day Program, 2 p.m. at Mt. Sinai MB Church. Chris Williams, pastor, invites all. Dinner will be served.
• ANNIVERSARY Pastor and Wife’s Love Anniversary will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Ward and Isaac Chapel church family.
• MEN and WOMEN’S DAY will be held at Christ New Beginning M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Clyde Williams and Concord Church family will be the guests.
• SEMINAR Holly Springs Jr. High invites parents to a Parent Seminar on Common Core from 6-7:30 p.m. Parents who attend will receive an out-of-uniform pass and 100 points in each class for their child. Refreshments will be served. For more info you call 252-7737.
• PARENT TRAINING Holly Springs School District Parent Resource Center on the Intermediate School campus will hold a Parent Training on Intro to Common Core at 12 noon, and another session at 5:30 p.m. in the Parent Center. The training is for grades 4-12. Refreshments will be served. For more info contact Beverly Phillips at 252-7733.
• Fall festival First Baptist Church of Byhalia, 2555 Church Street ,invites all to their Fall Community Festival. Bouncers, food, crafts and more, 1-4 p.m.
• REUNION The Dunlap Reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 12 noon. Family and friends are invited. Potluck will be held.
• COMMUNITY DAY will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road beginning at 7 a.m. Vendor booth spaces available to sell food, handmade crafts or flea market items. Also a car show with a $5 entrance fee. Contact Gurly Hines, 901-412-6870, 901-521-3533; or Claire Watkins, 901-497-8010.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly of Holly Springs will have a singing, 7 p.m. The featured group will be The Bluff City Quartet.
• Men in black Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Men In Black program, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eddie Ashford Sr. and Mt. Newell Lees COGIC of Coldwater. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr., pastor.
• Women’s conference New Dimension Salt and Light Ministries, Sept. 26-28, 7 p.m. nightly, Sat., 10 a.m. Everyone is welcom. Actavatis Allen, pastor.
• PICNIC Kimbrough Chapel Sunday School will hold its Annual Church Picnic beginning at 7 a.m. Fellowship will be at 11 a.m.
• GOSPEL SINGING and Worship Praise will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, 10:30 a.m. The featured group will be Beyond the Ashes from Nashville, Tenn. Wade Crum, pastor, invites all.
• Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal church will host their annual Homecoming, 12 noon. The church is located 1/2 mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd. Featured guests will be The Downs Family, along wwith many other great singers. Dinner will begin at noon, singing at 1 p.m. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone!
• Reunion 108th Armored Cal. Reunion at Holly Springs National Guard. 12 noon. Bring dessert.
• Gospel Explosion 2013 Third annual cancer and sickle cell benefit and fundraiser, 5 p.m. at the Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis St. Many groups and singers. For more info. call Pat Boga, 901-292-0698, Josephine Stinson, 662-551-6417 or Mary LeSueur, 662-403-0091. In memory of Betty Raimey.
• Craft fair Brookside Baptist Church. Vendor registration is $40 before September 28 and $50 after. For more information contact the church office at 662-890-4069 or Chris Doyle, firstname.lastname@example.org The church is located at 4993 Hwy. 302 E.
• Anniversary The McAdams Family will celebrate their anniversary, 5 p.m. at Jones Grove Church, Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs. John Powell, pastor.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page