Thursday, July 10, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Revival, Hopewell No. 1 MB Church, 365 Bonner St., Holly Springs, July 8-10, 7 p.m. nightly. Evangelist Rev. Dr. C. Shelton Greer Sr., pastor of Hopewll MB Church, Independence. Rev. Leroy James, host pastor.
• Relay for Life of Marshall County will celebrate our Wrap-Up at 5:15 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Come with celebration on your mind. Invite survivors to come too. We will have food and prizes.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on July 10 at 6 p.m.
• The Benton County Commission on Aging and Independent Living, LLC. will offer adult day program services starting in 2014; and assisted living facility services in 2015. The next Community Awareness Day is July 10, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the old Ashland Library. For more information, visit us at www.bentoncca.org or 662-224-6319.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum will host its annual Festival and Celebration, July 11-13. For more information and a schedule of events, call the museum at 662-252-3232 or Leona Harris, museum director at 662-551-0296.
• The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, will hold a yard sale, July 11 and 12 from 8 a.m until 4 p.m. at the church parking lot.
•Watson Fire Dept., Rummage Sale, Fri. and Sat., 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept, at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Second annual “Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion,” Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event, and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church choir along with others forming the Unified Mighty Voices of N.E. Mississippi, will host a community choir concert at 5:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, Bro. Tony Watkins and congregation invite you to their monthly singing, featuring Beyond Measure. Fellowship meal will be at 6 p.m. and singing will start at 7 p.m.
• Mustard Seed Ministries, 3213 Hwy. 309 S. Byhalia, will have a Rummage Sale/Bake Sale, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Registration for Victoria United Methodist Church in Victoria, Vacation Bible School will be held on Saturday, July 12 from 2 until 4 p.m.
• Church Anniversary will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eldrick Garrison of Jones Chapel MB Church will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, will have their Pastor’s Love Day at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Robert Odom and Wilkins Chapel CME Church will be the guests. Rev. Charles Dooley is the pastor. Sis. Kathy Pegues is the program chairperson. The public is invited.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church will be holding their revival July 13 through July 16. There will be a dinner on July 13 following the 11 a.m. service. Sunday evening services will be held at 6:30 p.m., Monday through Wednesday services will be held at 7 p.m. The MYF will hold an ice cream social after the services on Wednesday evening.
• Rice Chapel Methodist Church will have revival, beginning 11 a.m. Brother Walter Myers will be the guest speaker. The Almost Famous Craines will perform after lunch.
• Rice Chapel Methodist Church revival begins at 7 p.m. Anita Lawson will be the guest speaker. Tuesday and Wednesday night, Tony Watkins will be the guest speaker. Rev. Wayne Sheffield invites everyone.
• Chewalla Assembly of God hosts VBS “Wilderness Adventure”, July 14-18, 6:30-8 p.m. There will be snacks, games, arts and crafts for ages K5-5th grade. The church is located at 1511 Higdon Road, Holly Springs.
• Vacation Bible School will be held July 15-17 from 5:30 until 8 p.m at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, (behind the post office). We invite all the children in the community to come and take part in this time of singing, worship, crafts and lots of fun.
• The Marshall County Humane Society meeting will be Thurs., July 17, 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Bring your animal-loving friends and come on down.
• Basketball tournament, Holly Springs Parks and Recreation. Fee will be $80, three-on-three basketball, up to four players per team. Contact info. Sanchez Blake, 662-544-6163 or 662-252-4807, ext. 1601.
• Pastor and Wife's Love Day Celebration for Rev. Willie Hoey and Sis. Cathlean Hoey will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 6 p.m. Elder Pass and Christ Temple will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• Hebron Chapel CME Church will have a Missionary Program hosted by Linda Mathis, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Velicia Howard. Pastor, Rev. Dr. Edwards, invites everyone. The church is located at 2827 Hernando Road. The theme is “Bringing Good Fruit. The Fruit of the Spirit.”
• St. Mark MBC Usher Day will be held at 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rising Star, and the speaker will be Pastor Robert McClaire. Everyone is welcome.
• Providence M.B. Church will celebrate their annual Musicians Appreciation at 2 p.m. We extend an invitation to choirs, groups and soloists to take a part. Alonzo Johnson is pastor. The church is located at 295 Withers Ave., Holly Springs. Please contact choir secretary Lillian Johnson at 551-8389 for additional info.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Waterford, will have a mortgage burning ceremony, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is W. James Lyons.
• New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, will have their Men’s Day Program, 11:45 a.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Devin Westbrook and Redemption Life Church. Pastor Dr. Bessie Tables invites everyone.
• Hopewell Baptist Youth Choir will be in concert at Carey Chapel Baptist, 6 p.m. All are invited to come enjoy this group.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church will be having Vacation Bible School will be July 21-July 25, 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Classes will be for nursery through sixth grade. A light meal will be served for the children attending the Bible school.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on July 24 at 6 p.m.
• We are asking all classmates of W.T. Sims Class of 1969 to phone in your current mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address to Mable Malone Lester at 662-287-8437. We will be notifying everyone about the upcoming dates for our 45th Class Reunion. Please reply by July 25, 2014.
• New Hope M.B. Church will host an old-fashioned revival, July 30, 31 and August 1, 7 p.m. nightly. The church is located at 3120 Hwy. 310, Waterford. Wed.: Ladies’ Night-Minister Milony Jenkins and Mt. Moriah Women’s Choir; Thurs.: Youth Night-Minister Jeremie Bowen and Mt. Moriah Youth Ensemble; Fri.: Men’s Night-Pastor R.J. Wilson and Mt. Moriah Mass Choir.
• Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, 3193 Marianna Road, will have a Revival Crusade, Aug. 5-7, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest evangelist Pastor Evelyn Hubbard. Rev. R.J. Wilson, pastor.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page