Thursday, July 3, 2014
Calendar of Events
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, will have a Holy Ghost Revival July 2 and July 3, 7 p.m. Andre Clay, pastor of Eternal Life Community C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn., will be speaker. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• The Rayford and Sanderson families present the 2014 Health Forum 3K Walk/Run, at the Multi-Purpose Building. Featured speakers will be Dr. Walter Rayford, Dr. Richard Rayford, Dr. Edith Smith Rayford, Dr. Vernon Rayford and Dr. Tiffani Garrett. The walk/run begins at 7 a.m. and health presentations and forum begin at 9 a.m.
• VBS at Macedonia Baptist Church, July 6-10, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly.
• Miracle Temple Salt & Light Ministries hosts their Church Anniversary Service, 2:30 p.m. Special guests are Hebron M.B. Church. Bishop L.T. Mason is pastor. The church is at 1126 Allen Corner Road, Lamar.
• Mt. Zion-Taska Missionary Baptist Church will host its Annual Vacation Bible School from Tuesday through Friday, July 8-11, 6:30-9 p.m. Our VBS will include spiritual classes for all ages, drama, arts and crafts, recreation and food. For more information please contact Della Hooker at 901-651-8987 or the church at 662-851-7187.
• Relay for Life of Marshall County will celebrate our Wrap-Up at 5:15 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Come with celebration on your mind. Invite survivors to come too. We will have food and prizes.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on July 10 at 6 p.m.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum will host their annual Festival and Celebration, July 11-13. For more information and a schedule of events call the museum at 662-252-3232 or Leona Harris, museum director at 662-551-0296.
• The Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, will hold a yard sale, July 11 and 12 from 8 a.m until 4 p.m. at the church parking lot.
• Second annual “Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion,” Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church choir along with others forming the Unified Mighty Voices of N.E. Mississippi, will host a community choir concert at 5:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, Bro. Tony Watkins and congregation invites you to their monthly singing, featuring Beyond Measure. Fellowship meal will be at 6 p.m. and singing will start at 7 p.m.
• Church Anniversary will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eldrick Garrison of Jones Chapel MB Church will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, will have their Pastor’s Love Day at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Robert Odom and Wilkins Chapel CME Church will be the guests. Rev. Charles Dooley is the pastor. Sis. Kathy Pegues is the program chairperson. The public is invited.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church will be holding their revival July 13 through July 16. There will be a dinner on July 13 following the 11 a.m. service. Sunday evening services will be held at 6:30 p.m., Monday through Wednesday services will be held at 7 p.m. The MYF will hold an ice cream social after the services on Wednesday evening.
• Rice Chapel Methodist Church will have their Revival, beginning 11 a.m. Brother Walter Myers will be the guest speaker. The Almost Famous Craines will perform after lunch.
• Rice Chapel Methodist Church Revival begins at 7 p.m. Anita Lawson will be the guest speaker. Tuesday and Wednesday night, Tony Watkins will be the guest speaker. Rev. Wayne Sheffield invites everyone.
• Vacation Bible School will be held July 15-17 from 5:30 until 8 p.m at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, (behind the post office). We invite all the children in the community to come and take part in this time of singing, worship, crafts and lots of fun.
• Basketball tournament, Holly Springs Parks and Recreation. Fee will be $80, three-on-three basketball, up to four players per team. Contact info. Sanchez Blake, 662-544-6163 or 662-252-4807, ext. 1601.
• Hebron Chapel CME Church will have a Missionary Program hosted by Linda Mathis, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Velicia Howard. Pastor, Rev. Dr. Edwards, invites everyone. The church is located at 2827 Hernando Road. The theme is “Bringing Good Fruit. The Fruit of the Spirit.”
• St. Mark MBC Usher Day will be held at 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rising Star and the speaker will be Pastor Robert McClaire. Everyone is welcome.
• Providence M.B. Church will celebrate their annual Musicians Appreciation at 2 p.m. We extended an invitation to choirs, groups and soloists to take a part. Alonzo Johnson is pastor. The church is located at 295 Withers Ave., Holly Springs. Please contact choir secretary Lillian Johnson at 551-8389 for additional info.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Waterford, will have a mortgage burning ceremony, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is W. James Lyons.
• Emory Independent Methodist Church will be having Vacation Bible School will be July 21-July 25, 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Classes will be for nursery through sixth grade. A light meal will be served for the children attending the Bible school.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library on July 24 at 6 p.m.
• We are asking all classmates of W.T. Sims Class of 1969 to phone in your current mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address to Mable Malone Lester at 662-287-8437. We will be notifying everyone about the upcoming dates for our 45th Class Reunion. Please reply by July 25, 2014.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page