Thursday, June 27, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Men’s month June is Men’s Month at Free Branch MB Church. Men’s Day will be Sun., June 26, 9 a.m. The community is cordially invited.
• VBS Christ Temple Church of God in Christ, 210 West Park Ave., Holly Springs, Wed., June 26 - Fri., June 28. Theme: Follow Jesus! Classes for all ages. Bible study, singing, crafts, outdoor activities. Refreshments served nightly.
• Blood drive Replenishment blood drive for Diann Lesure, Wed., June 26, 1-7 p.m. at Anderson Chapel. Sign up with Edyth Taylor, 901-230-3299 or online at United Blood Services, www.bloodhero.com. Eat a good meal and drink plenty of water before donating.
• Benefit Program You are invited to participate in a benefit program given on behalf of Lakiea Walton, 6 p.m., at Bell Grove M.B. Church. If you are unable to attend and would like to make a donation, you may contact Andrea Hamm at 662-564-1178.
• Election Holly Springs Lake Estates will hold their annual election on June 29, 4 p.m. in the beach area. You must be a paid member to vote.
• Pastor appreciation Anderson Chapel CME Church will honor their pastor, Rev. Denise A. Modest, June 29, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• Walking Off Hunger sponsored by New Dimension Salt and Light Ministries, 565 Neely Ave. Register with a monetary or non-perishable food item donation. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m., walk at 8 a.m. All proceeds go to the church’s food pantry. For more info. call Rosie Williamson, 901-315-3702, or Anita Harding, 901-335-9190. Host pastor, Actavatis Allen.
• Holly Springs Farmers Market, on the courthouse square, 7 a.m.-12 noon – cucumbers, cabbage, onions, squash – lots of other vegetables.
• Singing Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd. in Byhalia, will have a fish fry and gospel singing on Saturday, June 29; fish fry 5 p.m. and singing 6 p.m., featuring The Geeslins, Bluff City Quartet, and The Almost Famous Crains.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, with Inspired by Grace. Fellowship at 5 p.m., singing at 6.
• Fish Fry Jones Grove Baptist Church, 305 Hwy. 7 S., Sat., June 29, 11 a.m. until. Sponsored by the male choir. 662-252-3990.
• Choir day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Choir Day program at 3 p.m. Special guest choirs will be the Mt. Pisgah M.B. Church of Byhalia, the Mt. Zion-Taska M.B. Church of Byhalia, the Kimbrough Chapel M.B. Church of Lamar and others. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• Quarterly Worship Experience Holly Springs Marshall County Baptist Association, 2 p.m. at the Baptist Association Building. Minister Mary LeSueur will hold choir rehearsal Tuesday, June 18, at 6 p.m. at the Association Building. Pastor Willie Jeffries, pastor of Strawberry MB Church will deliver the message. The public is invited to attend. Pastor Archie Bowen, moderator; Beverly Phillips, secretary.
• ANNUAL YOUTH DAY will be held at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Waterford. “Christ Twitter” – the theme: “TweetforChrist@thyyouthisrenewed,” like the eagles - Psalm 103:5, 3 p.m. Alexandria Blake is chairperson and W. James Lyons is pastor.
• PAstor and wife’S love day Wilkins Chapel, Sun., 11 a.m. with guest speaker Bobbie Wilkins of Hudsonville. Host pastor, Robert Odum. Everyone welcome.
• Pastor and wife’S appreciation Adolphus Chapel CME Church, Chulahoma Rd., Sun., June 30, 2 p.m. for Pastor Billy and Margaret Williams. Guest speaker, Pastor Charles Jones of Eason Grove, and church family will be guests.
• DANCE Majorette Dance Classes and Majorette Squad starts July 1, 5:30 p.m. at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building. All interested please call Ken at 662-544-4494 or 662-629-0069.
• Change of meeting date The regular July meeting of the board of trustees of the Holly Springs School District has been scheduled for 6 p.m., Mon., July 1 at the Holly Springs High School cafeteria, 165 North Walthall St., Holly Springs.
• INAUGURATION Everyone is cordially invited to the inauguration of the Honorable Kelvin O. Buck to the office of Mayor, City of Holly Springs, and the installation of the members of the board of aldermen, Mon., July 1, 9 a.m. at City Hall. An inaugural prayer service will be held at Christ Episcopal Church, 100 Randolph St., with a reception following.
• 4th OF JULY CELEBRATION will be held at the Holly Springs Motor Sports Arena, Hwy. 7 South, at 6:30 p.m. Free admission, fireworks, music. Sponsored by the Marshall Baptist Association.
• Holly Springs Farmers Market, on the courthouse square, 7 a.m.-12 noon – cucumbers, cabbage, onions, squash – lots of other vegetables.
• New Saturday Night worship service beginning July 6 at CrossPointe Church, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch at 6 p.m. each Saturday. Pastor Douglas Bell invites everyone!
• SINGING will be held at Chewalla Baptist Chuch with Unity Four as guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Love day celebration, Pleasant Hill CME Church, for Rev. and Mrs. Willie Hoey. Guest will be Rev. Lawrence Cole of Unity, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, host pastor. Everyone invited.
• VBS Ages Pre-K to sixth grade, Macedonia Baptist Church, 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia, July 7-11, 6-8:30 p.m. For more info. call Sonya Berryhill, 901-487-2762.
• Honoring pastor Mt. Pisgah CME Church will honor their pastor and wife, Elder Eddie and Linda Wilson, on Sunday, July 7, at 11 a.m. Please come out and celebrate with us. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
• Homecoming Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., Sun., July 7, 2 p.m. Pastor Manuel Donis and Pleasant Grove MB Church of Grand Junction, Tenn., will be guests. Dinner will be served after worship service. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, pastor.
• First Sunday worship service, July 7, Pleasant Hill CME Church, 9 a.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, host pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Rich man poor man program, Finley Grove MB Church, Hwy. 7 North, Sun., July 7, 2:30 p.m. Pastor LaDaryle Odom and St. March of Collierville, Tenn. and Pastor Edrick Garrison of Jones Chapel of Grand Junction, Tenn., will be guests. Public is invited. Pastor, James C. Green.
• VBS Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 E, Goodman Road, will have Vacation Bible School July 8-12, 9-12 p.m. For more information call 662-890-4069.
• VBS Christ Episcopal Church, July 8-11, 6-8:15 p.m. Hosted by First United Methodist, Waterford Methodist, First Presbyterian and Christ Episcopal Churches in Holly Springs.
• Classes for the home health aide/homemaker training program will begin on July 10, at the Holly Springs Regional Technical Center. For more info. please call Eleanor Clayborn at 662-252-1336.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 5:30 p.m. New members always welcome.
• yard sale July 12-13, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church (behind the post office), Victoria. Please come and help us with our mission projects.
• Singing Winborn United Methodist Church will host their second Saturday singing on July 13. Mitch Stone is scheduled to perform at 1 p.m. A meal will be served prior to his program. Anyone else who would like to sing is welcome to do so.
• Concert Pleasant Hill CME Church Choir, along with other churches and choirs in the community, will present their first community choir concert by the United Mighty Voices, Sat., July 13, 5:30 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Willie Hoey, invites everyone.
• 12 Tribes of Israel True Vine MB Church, July 14, 2 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Willie Hoey and Pleasant Hill Church family. Everyone is invited. Timothy Brown, pastor.
• Change of date Marshall County Board of Education will hold their July meeting, Thurs., July 18, 4:30 p.m. in the board room of the Marshall County Board of Supervisors, 103 B Market St., Holly Springs.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page