Thursday, June 26, 2014
Calendar of Events
• New Faith Outreach Ministries Youth Revival, June 25, 26, 27, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Marco Finley. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries. For more info. call 662-629-0360.
• Abundant Grace Ministries presents the “Almost Famous” Gospel Singing Revival, 9239 E. Holmes Road, 7 p.m., featuring the “Almost Famous” Crains with special guests Southern Praise. For more info. call 901-299-8831 or 497-3503.
• New Hope Village Emergency Shelter has barbecue plates available every Friday 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Plates are $7 and include ribs, beef brisket or chicken, two sides–baked beans, cole slaw, dirty rice or green beans, and bread. All proceeds benefit the shelter at 488 MLK Jr. Drive in Holly Springs. For additional info. call 662-252-4688. Advance orders accepted and delivery is available on three or more orders.
• Benefit concert and meal for Kristina Lane Hunsucker, 17-year-old cancer patient, featuring The Barnetts, Beyond Measure and Servants Heart. Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks. Barbecue meal at 5 p.m., donations accepted. Singing at 6:30 p.m. For more info call 901-848-0808 or 901-489-1626.
• Garage Sale to benefit Speed The Light hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at 910 Hatton, Collierville, Tenn. Sale starts at 8 a.m.
• The Kate Freeman Clark Art Gallery presents “As I Recall,” an exhibition of paintings by Randy Hayes. The opening reception will be held at 6:30 p.m. and on display June 28-July 18. Tickets $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
• Second annual community carnival, 12 noon to 7 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Small admission. Carnival rides, food and games for the entire family. Presented by Christ New Beginning Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
• Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Honduras Mission Trip fund-raiser, 5 p.m., (start serving). Fish fry, cake auction and music by the Geeslin Brothers and Almost Famous Crains. Come join us for fun, fellowship and singing. For more info call, 901-603-1176.
• Evangel Full Gospel Assembly’s Saturday night singing, 7 p.m. Mike Devore will be guest singer. Everyone invited.
• A benefit program will be held for Mr. and Mrs. Doxey Isom at Mt. Ollie MB Church, 6 p.m. For more info. call Phillip Taylor, 662-216-6733; and Jerry Martin, 662-216-9984.
• Jackson Chapel Church, 2231 Grays Creek Rd. in Hernando, will have a gospel singing, 6 p.m., featuring the Bluff City Quartet. Refreshments to follow.
• Springhill MB Church, 930 Robert Ford Rd., will have a building fund program, 3 p.m. Picnic on church grounds. L.G. Bogard, pastor. Evangelist Dorothy Palmer, Apostle Mae L. Palmer and Bountiful Blessings Ministries from Aurora, Ill., will be guests.
• Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, 2:30 p.m., at Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford. Guest speaker, Pastor Ronnie Franklin. Pastor Robert Odum.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have their annual Choir Day at 3 p.m. Guests will include a host of choirs, groups and singers. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Twin Lakes Baptist Church, 5900 Twin Lakes Dr. in Horn Lake, will have a gospel singing, 2 p.m. featuring the “Almost Famous” Crains.
• VBS at Macedonia Baptist Church, July 6-10, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly.
• Miracle Temple Salt & Light Ministries hosts their Church Anniversary Service, 2:30 p.m. Special guests are Hebron M.B. Church. Bishop L.T. Mason is pastor. The church is at 1126 Allen Corner Road, Lamar.
• Relay for Life of Marshall County will celebrate our Wrap-Up at 5:15 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Come with celebration on your mind. Invite survivors to come too. We will have food and prizes.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum will host their annual Festival and Celebration, July 11-13. For more information and a schedule of events call the museum at 662-252-3232 or Leona Harris, museum director at 662-551-0296.
• Second annual “Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion,” Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church choir along with others forming the Unified Mighty Voices of N.E. Mississippi, will host a community choir concert at 5:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Church Anniversary will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eldrick Garrison of Jones Chapel MB Church will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Basketball tournament, Holly Springs Parks and Recreation. Fee will be $80, three-on-three basketball, up to four players per team. Contact info. Sanchez Blake, 662-544-6163 or 662-252-4807, ext. 1601.
• Hebron Chapel CME Church will have a Missionary Program hosted by Linda Mathis, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Velicia Howard. Pastor Rev. Dr. Edwards invites everyone. The church is located at 2827 Hernando Road. The theme is “Bringing Good Fruit. The Fruit of the Spirit.”
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page