Thursday, June 19, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Three-night revival, June 18-20, 7 p.m. nightly, Beverly Chapel CME Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor of Pleasant Hill and Roberts Chapel CME churches will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Jones Grove M.B. Church hosts Pastor and Wife’s 35th anniversary, 7 p.m. There will be several special speakers.
• The annual Byhalia Festival, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, is set for June 19-21 at the intersection of Highways 309 and 78. The festival will include a carnival, music, rodeo, food and much more.
• Meeting night for the Marshall County Humane Society is at 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Call 662-564-2900 for directions. We welcome all animal lovers to our group.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends welcome ages 13 to 25.
• The Hernando Road Church of Christ will host third Sunday fellowship at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, Holly Springs. Morning services will begin at 10 a.m., fellowship program will start at 3 p.m. Dinner will be served following morning services. Transportation is available, please call 662-252-1808 by Saturday, June 19.
• Pastor and Wife’s Appreciation, Isaac Chapel and Roberts Chapel CME Churches, Hwy. 309, 6 p.m.
• Pleasant Hill and Roberts Chapel CME Churches will unite together to honor their pastor and wife, Rev. Willie Hoey and Sister Cathelean Hoey, 6 p.m. A love banquet will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church at Cayce. The donation will be $20. Everyone is invited.
• Evening of Praise beginning at 3 p.m. at Spring Hollow Park, behind the Multi-Purpose Building. Free! Gospel groups, praise teams, preaching, local radio personalities. For more info call Kevin Thomas, 662-252-5388, or Craig Williamson, 901-315-3702. Bring your lawn chair!
• Bake Sale at Walmart, Hwy. 15 South, Ripley, 8 a.m. until, to benefit the youth at Coleman Temple Church of the Living God. All kinds of dessert, plus diabetic.
• VBS Fun with the “Son” Day; 9 - 2 p.m. Ages 5 - 18; ages 4 and younger with an adult. Learn about God’s armor; play games; have lunch; make crafts; sing songs; come dressed to get wet! Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd.; Holly Springs. 333-7410.
• New Life Community Church in Byhalia will be honoring pastor Mario and Samantha Moore in their fourth annual Pastor and Wife’s Love Day at the Reach Out Service in Byhalia in front of Trinity Nursing Home at 2 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor Ladaryl Odum of St. Mark MB Church, Collierville, Tenn.
• VBS Victory Church, 21 Vinson Rd, Byhalia, June 22 - 27, 9 a.m. - 12 noon. Ages 4 through sixth grade. Pre-registration Sunday, June 15, after service; Saturday, June 21, 10 - 12 noon. Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623.
• Annual Homecoming program, at Smith Grove MB Church at 2 p.m. Pastor R.J. Wilson and Mt. Moriah MB Church family will be guests. All are invited. Bro. Wavor Harris Sr., sponsor.
• Friends program for the Dynamic Angels, Rising Star MB Church, 6 p.m.
• Homecoming, Victory Baptist Church, 2550 Wallhill Rd. Featuring the Frog Jump Quartet from Frog Jump, Tenn. Singing before and after lunch. Pastor DeWayne Wilkinson.
• Homecoming Calvary Baptist Church in Ashland. Bro. Randy Looney, preacher. Lunch 12 noon. Singing group, Blessed, with Danny Purcell and Roger Yancy, at 1 p.m.
• Elder Craig Williamson will be the guest speaker at A Very Present Help Ministries, 120 Randolph St., (the old Health Dept.) Holly Springs, at 11 a.m.
• Olen Pickens, Nesbit, will be the guest speaker at First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Pickens served in WWII and will bring a captivating story about being a prisoner of war.
• VBS, June 23-27, 6-8 p.m. New Hope MB Church, Laws Hill. Sponsor, Fadrie Phillips, Pastor Bessie Davis.
• VBS, June 23-27, Anderson Chapel CME Church, 6-8:30 p.m. 730 Martin Luther King Drive. Pastor, Rev. Denise A. Modest.
• New Faith Outreach Ministries Youth Revival, June 25, 26, 27, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Marco Finley. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries. For more info. call 662-629-0360.
• Benefit concert and meal for Kristina Lane Hunsucker, 17-year-old cancer patient, featuring The Barnetts, Beyond Measure and Servants Heart. Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks. Barbecue meal at 5 p.m., donations accepted. Singing at 6:30 p.m. For more info call 901-848-0808 or 901-489-1626.
• Garage Sale to benefit Speed The Light hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at 910 Hatton Collierville, Tenn. Sale starts at 8 a.m.
• The Kate Freeman Clark Art Gallery presents “As I Recall” an exhibitition of paintings by Randy Hayes. The opening reception will be held at 6:30 p.m. and on display June 28-July 18. Tickets $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have their annual Choir Day at 3 p.m. Guests will include a host of choirs, groups and singers. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Second annual community carnival, 12 noon to 7 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Small admission. Carnival rides, food and games for the entire family. Presented by Christ New Beginning Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
• Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Honduras Mission Trip fund-raiser, 5 p.m., (start serving). Fish fry, cake auction and music by the Geeslin Brothers and Almost Famous Craines. Come join us for fun, fellowship and singing. For more info call, 901-603-1176.
• A benefit program will be held for Mr. and Mrs. Doxey Isom at Mt. Ollie MB Church, 6 p.m. For more information call Phillip Taylor, 662-216-6733; and Jerry Martin, 662-216-9984.
• Springhill MB Church, 930 Robert Ford Rd., will have a building fund program, 3 p.m. Picnic on church ground. L.G. Bogard, pastor. Evangelist Dorothy Palmer, Apostle Mae L. Palmer and Bountiful Blessings Ministries from Aurora, Ill., will be guests.
• Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor Ronnie Franklin. Pastor Robert Odum.
• VBS at Macedonia Baptist Church, July 6-10, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly.
• Miracle Temple Salt & Light Ministries hosts their Church Anniversary Service, 2:30 p.m. Special guests is Hebron M.B. Church. Bishop L.T. Mason is pastor. The church is located at 1126 Allen Corner Road, Lamar.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum will host their annual Festival and Celebration, July 11-13. For more information and a schedule of events call the museum at 662-252-3232 or Leona Harris, museum director at 662-551-0296.
• Second annual “Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion”, Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church choir along with others forming the Unified Mighty Voices of N.E. Mississippi, will host a community choir concert at 5:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Church Anniversary will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eldrick Garrison of Jones Chapel MB Church will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Basketball tournament at the Holly Springs Park and Recreation. Fee will be $80, 3-on-3 basketball, up to 4 players per team. Contact info. Sanchez Blake, 662-544-6163 or 662-252-4807, ext. 1601.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page