Thursday, June 12, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Prayer breakfast, June 14, 8 a.m. St. Mark MB Church. Pastor Ronnie Franklin of New Way of Life Church, speaker.
• Singing, Winborn United Methodist Church, Sat., June 14, 5 p.m., with Pam Garner. Fellowship afterwards.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, will have monthly singing, June 14 with The Unity 4 Quartet. Refreshments at 6 p.m., singing at 7.
• Smoked pork fund-raiser to benefit Royal Rangers of Friendship Assembly of God. To place your order, contact Rangers commander Mike Hodge, 662-838-4000. Orders will be available to pick up June 29.
Red Banks Baptist Church will be hosting VBS June 15 - June 18 from 6 to 8:30 nightly. VBS is open for children Pre-school to sixth grade. This year’s theme is Arrow Island - Choosing God’s Way. Each night the children will enjoy worship, music, crafts, recreation, and a light supper. Please come join us to learn more about choosing God’s way in every detail of your life while exploring an island of tropical habitats. Red Banks Baptist Church is located on North Red Banks Rd. behind Clancy’s Cafe.
• “Refine” summer camp hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, July 20–23, ages 8–18, registration $75 per person. Register now to enjoy a time of fun with games, crafts, fishing, kayak tournaments, swimming, worship and devotions, all in a power-packed week. Call the church office at 662-838-4000 for more information. Register before June 15 and receive a free camp shirt.
• Father’s Day program, June 15, 10 a.m., along with morning service, at Finley Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited. Pastor James C. Green.
• St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs, annual homecoming/fill the pew program on Sunday, June 15, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Jeffries, guest speaker. Rev. Charles Dooley, pastor. The public is invited.
• Prayer of Faith Outreaching Ministry, 399 East Van Dorn, Sun., June 15, 11 a.m., Father’s Day guest speaker, Rev. Arthur Fitzpatrick Jr. All are welcome. Pastor, Prophetess Catherine Todd.
• VBS, June 16-20, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch. For more info call the church office, 662-890-4069 or visit the website www.brooksideob.com.
• Revival Marianna Baptist Church, Pastor Billy Adair, June 16 - 20, 7 p.m.
• VBS, Wilkins Chapel Church in Waterford, June 17-19, 6-8 p.m., directed by Cathlene Wilson. Pastor Robert Odum.
• Three-night revival, June 18-20, 7 p.m. nightly, Beverly Chapel CME Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor of Pleasant Hill and Roberts Chapel CME churches will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• The annual Byhalia Festival, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, is set for June 19-21 at the intersection of Highways 309 and 78. The festival will include a carnival, music, rodeo, food and much more.
• Meeting night for the Marshall County Humane Society is Thurs., June 19, at 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Call 662-564-2900 for directions. We welcome all animal lovers to our group.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends welcome ages 13 to 25.
• The Hernando Road Church of Christ will host third Sunday fellowship this Sunday, June 20, at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, Holly Springs. Morning services will begin at 10 a.m., fellowship program will start at 3 p.m. Dinner will be served following morning services. Transportation is available, please call 662-252-1808 by Saturday, June 19.
• Pastor and wife’s appreciation, Isaac Chapel and Roberts Chapel CME Churches, Hwy. 309, Sat., June 21, 6 p.m.
• Pleasant Hill and Roberts Chapel CME Churches will unite together to honor their pastor and wife, Rev. Willie Hoey and Sister Cathelean Hoey, 6 p.m. A love banquet will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church at Cayce. The donation will be $20. Everyone is invited.
• Evening of praise, Sat., June 21, beginning at 3 p.m. at Spring Hollow Park, behind the Multi-Purpose Building. Free! Gospel groups, praise teams, preaching, local radio personalities. For more info call Kevin Thomas, 662-252-5388, or Craig Williamson, 901-315-3702. Bring your lawn chair!
• New Life Community Church in Byhalia will be honoring pastor Mario and Samantha Moore in their fourth annual Pastor and Wife’s Love Day at the Reach Out Service in Byhalia in front of Trinity Nursing Home at 2 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor Ladaryl Odum of St. Mark MB Church, Collierville, Tenn.
• VBS Victory Church, 21 Vinson Rd, Byhalia, June 22 - 27, 9 a.m. - 12 noon. Ages 4 through sixth grade. Pre-registration Sunday, June 15, after service; Saturday, June 21, 10 - 12 noon. Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623.
• Annual Homecoming program, at Smith Grove MB Church on Sunday, June 22, at 2 p.m. Pastor R.J. Wilson and Mt Moriah MB Church family will be guests. All are invited. Bro. Wavor Harris Sr., sponsor.
• Friends program for the Dynamic Angels, Sun., June 22, at Rising Star MB Church, 6 p.m.
• Homecoming, Victory Baptist Church, 2550 Wallhill Rd. Featuring the Frog Jump Quartet from Frog Jump, Tenn. Singing before and after lunch. Pastor DeWayne Wilkinson.
• VBS, June 23-27, 6-8 p.m. New Hope MB Church, Laws Hill. Sponsor, Fadrie Phillips, Pastor Bessie Davis.
• VBS, June 23-27, Anderson Chapel CME Church, 6-8:30 p.m. 730 Martin Luther King Drive. Pastor, Rev. Denise A. Modest.
• Benefit concert and meal for Kristina Lane Hunsucker, 17-year-old cancer patient, Sat., June 28, featuring The Barnetts, Beyond Measure and Servants Heart. Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks. Barbecue meal at 5 p.m., donations accepted. Singing at 6:30 p.m. For more info call 901-848-0808 or 901-489-1626.
• Garage Sale to benefit Speed The Light hosted by AfterShock youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at 910 Hatton Collierville, Tenn. Sale starts at 8 a.m.
• The Kate Freeman Clark Art Gallery presents “As I Recal” an exhibitition of paintings by Randy Hayes. The opening reception will be held at 6:30 p.m. and on display June 28-July 18. Tickets $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have their annual choir day at 3 p.m. Guests will include a host of choirs, groups and singers. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Second annual community carnival, June 28, 12 noon to 7 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Small admission. Carnival rides, food and games for the entire family. Presented by Christ New Beginning Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
• Springhill MB Church, 930 Robert Ford Rd., will have a building fund program, June 29, 3 p.m. Picnic on church ground. L.G. Bogard, pastor. Evangelist Dorothy Palmer, Apostle Mae L. Palmer and Bountiful Blessings Ministries from Aurora, Ill., will be guests.
• Pastor and Wife Love Day, June 29, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor Ronnie Franklin. Pastor Robert Odum.
• Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum will host their annual Festival and Celebration, July 11-13. For more information and a schedule of events call the museum at 662-252-3232 or Leona Harris, museum director at 662-551-0296.
• Second annual "Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion, Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church choir along with others forming the Unified Mighty Voices of N.E. Mississippi, will host a community choir concert at 5:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Church Anniversary will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eldrick Garrison of Jones Chapel MB Church will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page