Thursday, Jun 5, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Summer Camp, Holly Springs Parks and Rec., June 4-July 3. Register at City Hall, ages 6-12, $75. Arts and crafts, basketball, dancing and more.
• Relay For Life of Marshall County will have their June meeting on Thursday, June 5, 5:15 at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Team captains, you need to be present to pick up your team T-shirts. Don’t forget your obligation. If you can’t come, please send someone from your team. Committees, this is our last meeting before Relay. Please be present and anyone else who has ideas on how we can have the best Relay ever.
• Taylor’s Chapel UMC Memorial Cemetery meeting will be held the first Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m. All members are invited to attend.
• Wildlife PowPow: the Royal Rangers of Friendship Assembly of God are gearing up for an exciting, fun-filled, weekend, June 6-8. Join us Sundays at 6 p.m. for a lifetime of adventures.
• The Victoria United Methodist Church will hold a yard sale and bake sale on Friday and Saturday, June 6 and 7, at the church yard in Victoria. We are located behind the post office. We appreciate your coming out and helping us with our mission projects.
•Watson Fire Dept. rummage sale, Fri. and Sat., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Prayer breakfast, Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, June 7, 8-11 a.m. Old Hwy. 4 West. Donation at door. Pastor, Rev. Tony Wilkins. Speaker, Rev. Alonzo Johnson of Providence MB Church.
• Singing with Saving Grace, Chewalla Baptist Church, Sat., June 7, 7 p.m. Fellowship at 6 p.m.
• Arbor Meeting - Please come join us for a time of fellowship and refreshments at our next Arbor meeting on June 7 at 6 p.m. For more info call 901-687-6730.
• Join us June 7, for the Byhalia Christian Writers Group at the Byhalia United Methodist Church, 2522 West Church Street, from 9-11 a.m. As well, we will have a “Read and Share” offered to those interested in bringing a short piece to read from 11 a.m.-12 noon. Please call (901) 378-0504 for more information.
• Gospel singing, Saturday, June 7, 7 p.m., Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church will host their monthly gospel singing with special guests, the Hood Family. Church is located 1/2 mile south of Goodman Rd. on Cayce Rd. Pastor Billy Watkins invites all!
• Chewalla Assembly Church is having a multi-family yard sale, 8 a.m. until at the church on Higdon Road. The money will be used for our youth group. Look for signs! Your support is very appreciated.
• Prayer on the courthouse lawn, June 7, 8 a.m. for city, county, country, home, business, neighborhood. Come stand up for yourself. For more info., Autriniece Folsom, 662-216-6851.
• St. Mary’s, Cadet, Holy Family reunion committee will meet Sat., June 7, at Holy Family School, 12 noon. For more info. call Purvene Love Anderson, 662-252-2977, or Lillian Riddle Campbell, 662-252-7279.
• Car wash, Sat., June 7, 8 a.m.-12 noon, at Byhalia High School. Donations accepted. Come out and support the Byhalia High cheerleaders.
• Interest meeting for a Byhalia High School Cheer Camp, Sat., June 7, at the school from 11 a.m-12 noon. Sponsored by the Byhalia High cheerleaders.
• First Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant, will host the Blue Grass Band at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, will be having a pre-anniversary service for pastor and wife, Curtis and Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Robert Williams and the Williams Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• Salad Luncheon Fellowship featuring 25 different types of salads at Reid’s Gift M.B. Church, 11:30 a.m. Chairperson is Annie Harris and contact person is Victor Peyton and pastor is Jerry Williams.
• Pastor’s Love Day, Beverly Chapel CME Church, Sun., June 8, 2:30 p.m. Rev Robert Burress will bring the morning message; Rev. Adam Tyson and Oak Grove CME Church of Water Valley will be special guests. Fellowship luncheon served after program.
• Faith Finders Vacation Bible School, Friendship Assembly of God, June 9-12, 6-8 p.m. nightly. We look forward to seeing you here. For van ministry call the church office, 662-838-4000. Located just minutes from Olive Branch on Hwy. 78; take exit 18 at Victoria.
• Vacation Bible School, Finley Grove MB Church, June 9-13, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, James C. Green.
• Fellowship Baptist Church will have Vacation Bible School June 9-13, 8:45-1 p.m. for kindergarten through six grade. The church is located on Hwy. 309, Byhalia Road. Wade Crum, pastor, www.fbcbyhalia.com.
• Vacation Bible School for Isaac and Roberts Chapel churches, Hwy. 309, south of Byhalia, starts June 9 - 13, 6 p.m. nightly. Pastor, Rev. Willie Ward.
• Marshall County Relay For Life Survivor Reception, 6 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. All survivors and one caregiver are invited to the reception. All survivors receive a free shirt.
• Prayer breakfast, June 14, 8 a.m. St. Mark MB Church. Pastor Ronnie Franklin of New Way of Life Church, speaker.
• Singing, Winborn United Methodist Church, Sat., June 14, 5 p.m., with Pam Garner. Fellowship afterwards.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Holly Springs, will have monthly singing, June 14 with The Unity 4 Quartet. Refreshments at 6 p.m., singing at 7.
• Smoked pork fund-raiser to benefit Royal Rangers of Friendship Assembly of God. To place your order, contact Rangers commander Mike Hodge, 662-838-4000. Orders will be available to pick up June 29.
• “Refine” summer camp hosted by AfterShock of Friendship Assembly of God, July 20–23, ages 8–18, registration $75 per person. Register now to enjoy a time of fun with games, crafts, fishing, kayak tournaments, swimming, worship and devotions, all in a power packed week. Call the church office at 662-838-4000 for more information. Register before June 15 and receive a free camp shirt.
• Father’s Day program, June 15, 10 a.m., along with morning service, at Finley Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited. Pastor James C. Green.
• St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs, annual homecoming/fill the pew program on Sunday, June 15, 2:30 pm. Rev. Willie Jeffries, guest speaker. Rev. Charles Dooley, pastor. The public is invited.
• VBS, June 16-20, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch. For more info call the church office, 662-890-4069 or visit the website www.brooksideob.com.
• Revival Marianna Baptist Church, pastor Billy Adair, June 16 - 20, 7 p.m.
• The annual Byhalia Festival, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, is set for June 19-21 at the intersection of Highways 309 and 78. The festival will include a carnival, music, rodeo, food and much more.
• Meeting night for the Marshall County Humane Society is Thurs. June 19 at 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Call 662-564-2900 for directions. We welcome all animal lovers to our group.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends welcome ages 13 to 25.
• New Life Community Church in Byhalia will be honoring pastor Mario and Samantha Moore in their fourth annual Pastor and Wife Love Day at the Reach Out Service in Byhalia in front of Trinity Nursing Home at 2 p.m. Guest speaker pastor Ladaryl Odum of St. Mark MB Church, Collierville, Tenn.
• VBS Victory Church, 21 Vinson Rd, Byhalia, June 22 - 27, 9 a.m. - 12 noon. Ages 4 through sixth grade. Pre-registration Sunday, June 15, after service; Saturday, June 21, 10 - 12 noon. Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623.
• Annual Homecoming program, at Smith Grove MB Church on Sunday, June 22 at 2 p.m. Pastor R.J. Wilson and Mt Moriah MB Church family will be guests. All are invited. Bro. Wavor Harris Sr., sponsor.
• Friends program for the Dynamic Angels, Sun., June 22 at Rising Star MB Church, 6 p.m.
• VBS, June 23-27, 6-8 p.m. New Hope MB Church, Laws Hill. Sponsor, Fadrie Phillips, Pastor Bessie Davis.
• Benefit concert and meal for Kristina Lane Hunsucker, 17-year-old cancer patient, Sat., June 28, featuring The Barnett’s, Beyond Measure and Servants Heart. Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks. Barbeque meal at 5 p.m., donations accepted. Singing at 6:30 p.m. For more info call 901-848-0808 or 901-489-1626.
• Garage Sale to benefit Speed The Light hosted by AfterShock youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at 910 Hatton Collierville, Tenn. Sale starts at 8 a.m.
• The Kate Freeman Clark Art Gallery presents “As I Recal” an exhibitition of paintings by Randy Hayes. The opening reception will be held at 6:30 p.m. and on display June 28-July 18. Tickets $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have their annual choir day at 3 p.m. Guests will include a host of choirs, groups and singers. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Second annual community carnival, June 28, 12 noon to 7 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Small admission. Carnival rides, food and games for the entire family. Presented by Christ New Beginning Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
• Springhill MB Church, 930 Robert Ford Rd., will have a building fund program, June 29, 3 p.m. Picnic on church ground. L.G. Bogard, pastor. Evangelist Dorothy Palmer, Apostle Mae L. Palmer and Bountiful Blessings Ministries from Aurora, Ill., will be guests.
• Second annual "Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion, Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
• Pleasant Hill CME Church choir along with others forming the Unified Mighty Voices of N.E. Mississippi, will host a community choir concert at 5:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Church Anniversary will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Eldrick Garrison of Jones Chapel MB Church will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page