Thursday, May 22, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Byhalia High School - Henry High Reunion, classes 1959-1974, Friday-Sunday, May 23-25. All events will take place at Byhalia High School. For more information contact Bertha Thomas, 662-564-2662 or Patricia Lucas-Powell, 662-564-2214.
• Family reunion, Benton Co. Agri-Center, 10 a.m. until. Partial list of family names includes – Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Hunsucker, Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish, old family photos and be prepared to have a good time. Please come; we look forward to seeing you there.
• The St. Mary/CADET/Holy Family alumni reunion committee will meet Saturday, May 24, at 12 noon at Holy Family School Cafeteria. Asking alumni to please attend. Purvene Love Anderson and Lillian Riddle Campbell, chairpersons.
• Holly Springs High School Class of 1974 will have a class meeting, 2 p.m., Sat., May 24 at Pizza Hut.
• Singing, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly in Holly Springs, May 24, 7 p.m. with Pure Heart of Eldridge Ala., as guest singers. Everyone welcome.
• Union Valley will have their annual choir day at 3 p.m. For more info. contact Gracie Echols, 662-564-3111.
• Mt. Moriah MB Church Women’s Ministry will be celebrating Women’s Month. Dynamic woman speaker at 9:15 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson.
• Men and Women’s Day program, May 25, 2:30 p.m. at Shady Grove CME Church. Guest speaker, Rev. Marvin Lucas with Bell Grove Church. Pastor Cornelia Booker. Everyone is invited.
• Revival, May 25-30, Sun., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Mon.-Fri., 7 p.m. Evangelist, Bro. Glen Weeks of Byhalia. Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N. Wade Crum, pastor. The public is invited.
• Fill the pews program, True Vine MB Church, May 25, 2:30 p.m., 525 West St. Guest speaker, Evangelist Dorothy Palmer from Springhill MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• Mt. Ollie MB Church, Potts Camp, will be celebrating our pastor, Rev. Anthony Marion and wife’s appreciation on May 25, at 2 p.m. Our guest speaker will be Rev. Robert Garrison, pastor of McIntyre MB Church. Everyone is invited to be a part of this great celebration.
• Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Homecoming/Church Anniversary, Sunday, May 25, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Terry Smith and the Mt. Vernon MB Church will be the guests. Pastor Eddie Wilson invites the community to come. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
• Homecoming, Mt. Zion MB Church, 519 Mt. Zion Rd., Byhalia, May 25, with morning service at 11 a.m. and evening service at 2:30 p.m. Brandon Blake, pastor, invites everyone.
• Prayer of Faith Outreach Ministry, 399 E. Van Dorn, Holly Springs, will have a special service at 11 a.m. – prayer, miracles, ventura healings. You may contact Pastor Prophetess Catherine Todd, 313-254-2720, 662-564-3419.
• The 131st church anniversary of Yarbrough Chapel CME Church will be at 11 a.m., along with morning worship. All former members are encouraged to attend. The public is invited. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have their church anniversary at 3 p.m. Special guests will be superintendent Andre Clay and the Eternal Life Community COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Come and enjoy a God-filled experience with the women of Mighty God Ministries. Sun., May 25, 11 a.m. at the Multi-Purpose Building in Holly Springs.
• Marshall County spay/neuter clinic open for dogs and cats. Please call 662-564-2900 for necessary appointment. Please leave message and you will receive a call back.
• Macedonia CME Church, Ashland, will have their annual Pastor’s Love Day, June 1, 2 p.m. Elder Bobby Wilson and Hudsonville CME Church will be special guests. Rev. Morris Q. Stephens, pastor.
• Revival, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, June 1-4, 6:30 p.m. nightly. with Evangelist Nathan Middleton. Rev. Ben Moyers, pastor.
• Summer Camp, Holly Springs Parks and Rec., June 4-July 3. Register at City Hall, ages 6-12, $75. Arts and crafts, basketball, dancing and more.
• Relay For Life of Marshall County will have their June meeting on Thursday, June 5, 5:15 at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Team captains, you need to be present to pick up your team T-shirts. Don't forget your obligation. If you can’t come, please send someone from your team. Committees, this is our last meeting before Relay. Please be present and anyone else who has ideas on how we can have the best Relay ever.
• Prayer breakfast, Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, June 7, 8-11 a.m. Old Hwy. 4 West. Donation at door. Pastor, Rev. Tony Wilkins. speaker, Rev. Alonzo Johnson of Providence MB Church.
• First Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant, will host the Blue Grass Band at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Prayer breakfast, June 14, 8 a.m. St. Mark MB Church. Pastor Ronnie Franklin of New Way of Life Church, speaker.
• VBS, June 16-20, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch. For more info call the church office, 662-890-4069 or visit the website www.brooksideob.com.
• The annual Byhalia Festival, sponsored by the Byhalia Lions Club, is set for June 19-21 at the intersection of Highways 309 and 78. The festival will include a carnival, music, rodeo, food and much more.
• New Life Community Church in Byhalia will be honoring pastor Mario and Samantha Moore in their fourth annual Pastor and Wife Love Day at the Reach Out Service in Byhalia in front of Trinity Nursing Home at 2 p.m. Guest speaker pastor Ladaryl Odum of St. Mark MB Church, Collierville, Tenn.
• Benefit concert and meal for Kristina Lane Hunsucker, 17-year-old cancer patient, Sat., June 28, featuring The Barnett’s, Beyond Measure and Servants Heart. Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks. Barbeque meal at 5 p.m., donations accepted. Singing at 6:30 p.m. For more info call 901-848-0808 or 901-489-1626.
• Second annual "Day of Jubilee Gospel Explosion, Pleasant Hill CME Church. A community choir event and all young adults in the area are invited to come to rehearsal.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page