Thursday, May 23, 2013
Calendar of Events
• 100th BIRTHDAY The American Cancer Society will celebrate its 100th birthday. The Relay For Life teams will be selling food and various items including T-shirts, on the courthouse yard in Holly Springs, 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. Every dollar raised puts us closer to a world with less cancer and more birthdays. For more information contact Linda Wilson, 662-252-4706 or 601-732-4934.
• A Yard sale will be held at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, (behind the post office), Friday and Saturday, May 24 and 25, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fish fry St. Mark Church, 3500 Hwy. 178, 11 a.m. Sponsored by the ushers. Proceeds go to the church building fund. 662-252-5656.
• GRADUATION Friendship Christian Academy graduation ceremony will be held with K5 graduation at 5:30 p.m. and senior graduation at 6:30 p.m.
• Reunion Holly Springs High School Class of 1973 will celebrate its 40th year reunion with Class Night on Friday, May 24, 7 p.m at The Little Doll House, followed by church services at Christ Temple COGIC on Sunday, May 26, 11 a.m. and ending with a cookout after church at Wall Doxey State Park - Picnic Area #3. Interested classmates please contact Harvey Payne at 662-629-0030 or Eleanor Clayborn at 662-216-6883 for details.
• BIRTHDAY BASH Holly Springs High School Class of 1981 Birthday Bash will be held at Infinity Career College, 960 Hwy. 4 East, 7 p.m.-midnight. Donations of $50 per classmate are requested. To RSVP or for more information call Tamara Scales Jackson at 601-819-0068.
• WORKSHOP Kimbrough Chapel in conjunction with the American Cancer Society will host a Cancer Awareness, Prevention, and Support Workshop, 9 a.m.-noon at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building.
• REUNION Hickory Flat School reunion will be held 1-4 p.m. in the new gymnasium. Students and faculty who attended school at Hickory Flat since the school began are invited. Refreshments will be served. Donations will be appreciated.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. Blessed Harmony will be special guests. Everyone is welcome.
• BIBLE PROGRAM Pleasant Hill CME Church will have a 66 Books of the Bible Program, 6:30 p.m. Rev. Charles Jones of Eason Grove MB Church will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor.
• ANNUAL MEN’S AND WOMEN’S DAY will be held at Shady Grove C.M.E. Church, Hwy. 309 S., 2:30 p.m. The guests will be Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatte Community Church. Everyone is invited. Cornelia Booker is pastor.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel at 11 a.m. Special guests will be Mark Bryson from Liberty Institutional Baptist Church, Olive Branch.
• HOMECOMING Wilkins Chapel will celebrate their homecoming with dinner on the grounds at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Willie Hoey and Roberts Chapel and Pleasant Hill church families. Pastor Robert Odum invites all.
• HOMECOMING Mt. Pisgah CME Church will have their annual homecoming at 11 a.m. Elder Q.H. Whitlock Jr., presiding elder of St. Louis District and pastor of Coleman-Wright CME Church, will be the guest speaker. The church is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
• BREAKFAST Wilkins Chapel is serving breakfast every fourth Sunday, 8:30-9:45 a.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Hudson Singers will celebrate their 16th anniversary at Providence MB Church, 2:30 p.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual church anniversary, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Apostle Granville Scruggs and the Fireside C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites everyone.
• PROGRAM The Beulah Hill Church of Blue Mountain will have their annual Men’s and Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. Speakers will be Pastor S.E. Banks and the New Temple Church of Fulton and Pastor Patricia Smith of Love Praise, New Albany. Dinner will be served. Rev. Holden Pickens is pastor.
• ON THE YARD Anderson Chapel Church will have Sunday School outside on the yard, 9:30 a.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Denise Modest is the pastor and the church is located at 730 Martin Luther King Drive.
• Time change May 26,the Macedonia C.M.E. Church, Ashland, will have Sunday school at 8 a.m. and Sunday morning worship at 11 a.m. Everyone is cordially invited. Rev. Morris Q. Stephens, pastor.
• Memorial Weekend Victory Church will have their 2nd Annual Memorial Day Weekend Barbecue Services with singing and memorial service for Jim Tuttle. Services will begin at 11 a.m. The church is located at 21 Vinson Road in Byhalia. Melvin Shackelford, pastor, 901-831-7623.
• Breakfast Winborn United Methodist Church will host a breakfast, May 26, 7:30 a.m. with speaker Brenda Scherff from Friendship Assembly of God in Victoria.
• LifeKIDS “All-nighter” will be held at Friendship Assembly of God starting at 6 p.m. All kids, ages 5-12 are invited. RSVP only by calling the church at 662-838-4000.
• YARD SALE Clear Creek Baptist Church Vacation Bible School will have a yard sale in the parking lot of Carlisle’s Big Star beginning at 7 a.m. Rain cancels.
• POTTS CAMP SCHOOL ANNUAL REUNION will be held. Registration 10 a.m. in school cafeteria. Lunch for a nominal fee at noon. Members of each class year will be recognized. Make plans to attend and bring someone with you.
• singing Chewalla Baptist Church with the Downs Family as special guests. Fellowship at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Memorial service Winborn United Methodist Church will hold a memorial service at 11 a.m.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Bethlehem UMC, Hwy. 349 S. Services will be at 11 a.m. with lunch to follow. All donations will go to the cemetery fund.
• CELEBRATION Newell Chapel CME Church, 3085 Moore Road, Victoria, will have a Homecoming Celebration Service, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Levan Brayboy of Chicago, Ill., will be the guest speaker. Rev. Charles LeSure is pastor. Dinner will be served.
• Church anniversary True Vine MB Church, 525 West St. Pastor LaDarryl Odum and St. Mark Church of Collierville, Tenn., will be guests. Please come out and enjoy our great celebration. Pastor Timothy Brown, interim pastor.
• CAMP Ambassador for Christ Outreach Ministries youth summer program will be held June 3-July 19, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. This is an eight-week program for ages 3 years-9 years old. The cost will be pre-registration fee of $20 and $50 weekly. Daily needs will include extra play clothes, blanket or child mat. For more info. call 662-544-7235 or 544-7234.
• Summer camp The City of Holly Springs is hosting its annual summer camp for youth, ages 6-13, June 3, to Tuesday, July 2. Registration is open at the City Hall during normal business hours. Call 662-252-4280 ext. 1600 or 1601 for more info. Camp fee: $50.00/ breakfast and lunch will be provided for participants.
• VBS Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, June 3-7, 5:30-8:30 p.m. For more information, call 662-252-5131.
• THE SPIRITUAL FOUR will have their anniversary at Rising Star MB Church. Raffle tickets will be sold. Admission is free. Contact 662-557-3990 for more info.
• VBS will be held at Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The VBS program will be on Sunday at 11 a.m. Pastor Justin Haynes invites all children to attend.
• 5K run/walk Sponsored by the Lady Cardinals of Potts Camp, June 8, 9 a.m. Register at racesonline.com or forms available at Potts Camp High School. There is an entry fee. Awards will be given and post-race refreshments will be available for participants. For more info. contact Tana Miller, email@example.com, 901-517-2846.
• Benefit program Providence MB Church is sponsoring a benefit for Audra Taylor and her three children to help recover from a fire that destroyed everything they owned. June 8, 5 p.m. at Providence MB Church. For more info. call Sis. Celestine Belfoure at 662-291-0879 or Sis. Rosalyn Edwards, 662-278-9590, Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
• Singing Winborn United Methodist Church, 5 p.m., June 8, with Pam Garner and Still Blessed.
• Annual Homecoming & 12 Tribes program at St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey and Pleasant Grove C.M.E. Church will be our special guests. All are invited. Sis. Joycestine Robertson, program chairperson, Rev. Charles Dooley, Pastor.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Robert Williams and the Williams Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Moscow, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• BUILDING FUND Springhill M.B. Church, 930 Robert Ford Road, Waterford, will have their annual building fund program at 3 p.m. L.G. Bogard is pastor and Dorothy Palmer is chairperson.
• VBS Colossal Coaster World, Vacation Bible School, Fellowship Baptist Church, 1593 Hwy 309 N, Byhalia, June 10-14, 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.,
kindergarten - sixth grade. For more info. call the church at 662-838-4377.
• “Hay Day” VBC will be held at Friendship Assembly of God, June 10-12, 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a singing with The Downs Family as special guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Pastor Andy Skelton invites all.
15 – Garage Sale to benefit SPEED THE LIGHT hosted by AfterShock youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at 910 Hatton Collierville, TN. sale starts at 8 am
Benefit Program-- You are invited to participate in a benefit program given on behalf of Lakiea Walton on June 29, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Bell Grove M.B. Church. If you are unable to attend and would like to make a donation, you may contact Andrea Hamm at (662) 564-1178.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page