Thursday, May 9, 2013
Calendar of Events
• SINGING Abundant Grace Ministries Church presents a gospel singing at 7 p.m. with the Almost Famous Crains.
• BE THE MATCH Bone Marrow Donor Program is sponsoring a benefit fish fry at Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 11 a.m.-until. For tickets call 901-292-0698.
• GOSPEL SINGING New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd., Slayden, will have a gospel singing with The Downs Family as special guests. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. All are welcome.
• APPRECIATION DAY The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will participate in the Tourism & Recreation Bureau Appreciation Day, 9:30 a.m., in the coloring contest and/or arts and crafts. Parents and 4-H members need to meet on the courthouse lawn. Bring chairs. For more info. call Mary Hicks, 252-5920.
• GARAGE SALE will be held in the vacant lot next door to United Center, Hwy. 7 South – old Fitch Gas Station – 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Hot food and drinks will be available. Sale sponsored by “Feeding Hearts Food Pantry.”
• SINGING will be held at Marianna Baptist Church with Picking Up The Pieces as special guests. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
•BAKE SALE just in time for Mother’s Day. Beta Sigma Phi Sorority, sponsors. At Century 21 on the square, 8 a.m. Fund-raiser for Relay for Life.
• FREE CLOTHING GIVEAWAY will be held at Crossbridge Christian Church, 304 West Main, Senatobia, 7 a.m.-12 noon.
• MOTHER’S DAY PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 8 a.m. Guest speaker will be Denise Anders-Modest. Admission is $7.
• GRADUATION Bethlehem Christian School Graduation Ceremonies will be held at 6 p.m. in the sanctuary of the Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ.
• CELEBRATION Hudsonville Annual Mother’s Day Celebration will be held along with the morning worship service.
• MOTHER’S DAY PROGRAM will be held at Smith Grove M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Doris Williamson of Hopewell No. 1 M.B. Church.
• MOTHER’S DAY SERVICE will be held at Hopewell No. 1, 10:15 a.m.
• EXERCISE CLASS Kimbrough Chapel Church is offering free exercise classes every Tuesday and Thursday, from 6-7 p.m. All are welcome.
• FISH FRY First Baptist Church, Mt. Pleasant, will have a fish fry from 5-7 p.m. The fish will be cooked by Kenny Dickerson along with hushpuppies, slaw, fries, dessert and drink, all for $12. Eat-in or carry out. The church is located on Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road.
• Annual Women’s Day Program will be held at St. Paul CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Mary Cole and Pleasant Grove CME Church. All are invited. Dinner will be served. Contact Wanda McNeil, Missionary president. Rev. Charles Dooley is pastor.
• WOMEN IN HATS PROGRAM will be held at Smith Grove M.B. Church, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Tenisha Craft from Mt. Moriah M.B. Church.
• ANNUAL KING AND QUEEN DRIVE will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 11 a.m. The public is invited to come and witness the crowning.
• GOSPEL MEETING West Sandidge Road Church of Christ will have a gospel meeting at 3 p.m. with dinner being served after morning worship. The evangelist for the week will be John Parker. Services will start at 7 p.m. May 20-24.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. R.C. Rayborn from the Greater Life M.B. Church, Memphis, Tenn.
• USHER and GREETER’S PROGRAM will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Minister Shelby Tate from St. Mark M.B. Church, Collierville, Tenn. Rev. Denise Anders-Modest is pastor.
• TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL PROGRAM will be held at Smith Grove, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Kim Mays of Hopewell M.B. Church in Independence.
• AARP DRIVER Safety Class will be held at the Marshall County Extension office, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. The cost is $12 for AARP members or $14 non-members. Call 662-252-3541 or e-mail at email@example.com.
• A Yard sale will be held at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, (behind the post office), Friday and Saturday, May 24 and 25 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fish fry St. Mark Church, 3500 Hwy. 178, 11 a.m. Sponsored by the ushers. Proceeds go to the church building fund. 662-252-5656.
• BIRTHDAY BASH Holly Springs High School Class of 1981 Birthday Bash will be held at Infinity Career College, 960 Hwy. 4 East, 7 p.m.-midnight. Donations of $50 per classmate is requested. To RSVP or for more information call Tamara Scales Jackson at 601-819-0068.
• WORKSHOP Kimbrough Chapel in conjunction with the American Cancer Society will host a Cancer Awareness, Prevention, and Support Workshop, 9 a.m.-noon at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building.
• REUNION Hickory Flat School reunion will be held 1-4 p.m. in the new gymnasium. Students and faculty who attended school at Hickory Flat since the school began are invited. Refreshments will be served. Donations will be appreciated.
• ANNUAL MEN’S AND WOMEN’S DAY will be held at Shady Grove C.M.E. Church, Hwy. 309 S., 2:30 p.m. The guests will be Rev. Mark Davis and Wyatte Community Church. Everyone is invited. Cornelia Booker is pastor.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Kimbrough Chapel at 11 a.m. Special guests will be Mark Bryson from Liberty Institutional Baptist Church, Olive Branch.
• HOMECOMING Wilkins Chapel will celebrate their homecoming with dinner on the grounds at 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Willie Hoey and Roberts Chapel and Pleasant Hill church families. Pastor Robert Odum invites all.
• HOMECOMING Mt. Pisgah CME Church will have their annual homecoming at 11 a.m. Elder Q.H. Whitlock Jr., presiding elder of St. Louis District and pastor of Coleman-Wright CME Church, will be the guest speaker. The church is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
• BREAKFAST Wilkins Chapel is serving breakfast every fourth Sunday, 8:30-9:45 a.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Hudson Singers will celebrate their 16th anniversary at Providence MB Church, 2:30 p.m.
• ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual church anniversary, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Apostle Granville Scruggs and the Fireside C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites everyone.
• PROGRAM The Belah Hill Church of Blue Mountain will have their annual Men’s and Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. Speakers will be Pastor S.E. Banks and the New Temple Church of Fulton and Pastor Patricia Smith of Love Praise, New Albany. Dinner will be served. Rev. Holden Pickens is pastor.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Bethlehem UMC, Hwy. 349 S. Services will be at 11 a.m. with lunch to follow. All donations will go to the cemetery fund.
• THE SPIRITUAL FOUR will have their anniversary at Rising Star MB Church. Raffle tickets will be sold. Admission is free. Contact 662-557-3990 for more info.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page