Thursday, April 18, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Spring revival Community Temple Holiness Church, April 17-19, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Guest, Evangelist Young from Memphis, Tenn. Pastor, Frank Moore. Located off Mt. Zion Rd. For more info. call 662-851-3388.
• Revival St. Matthew’s MB Church, 61 Shinault Rd., Byhalia, April 17-19, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Pastor Bowen and Hearn Grove Church will be guests. Pastor Gregory Hughes invites everyone.
• Revival Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, April 17-19, 7 p.m. nightly, 4201 Hwy. 178 West, Red Banks. Pastor Bruce L. Williams. Guest speaker, Rev. James Rosser and Lagoshen MB Church.
• LUNCHEON Jerry Moore, Marshall County Schools superintendent, will be the luncheon speaker for the membership luncheon of the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce, 11:15 a.m. The luncheon will be held at Victory Church, 21 Vinson Road, Byhalia. Contact the BACC for reservations.
• New night Thurs., meeting of Humane Society, 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Drive.
• New 4-H Club Come join us, ages 10-18, boys and girls. First meeting will be Thurs., Apr. 18, 6-8 p.m. in the Holly Springs Library conference room.
• Rescheduling of honor to Dr. David Stratmon – First showing - special art exhibit will be held at Ida B. Wells Museum, 5:30-7 p.m. Contact Dr. Nellie Smith, 252-3232 or 252-9483.
• Appreciation Love Day House of Prayer Outreach Ministry, 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Pastor, Commander Lesueur, April 19, 7 p.m. Sun., 3:30 p.m. 662-564-3419, 662-560-7078. Guest speaker Apostle/prophetess Claudie Finley of Detroit, Mich., By Faith Outreach Ministry.
• SIXTH Annual WOMEN’S CONFERENCE will be held at Smith Grove MB Church at 7 p.m. with registration at 6:30 p.m. Minister Rita Jones-Dudley of Grand Junction, Tenn., will be the guest speaker. There will be a youth and young adult open forum panel discussion held. Panel guests: Sis. Armastine Gipson, first lady Vera King, Sis. Candies Cook and Sis. Sue Bell. For more information you may contact Sis. Kajavia Harmon, 662-801-0292; or Sis. Darlean Dowdy at 662-252-5014. There is a conference fee. All are invited.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 6 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• WOMEN’S CONFERENCE continues at Smith Grove M. B. Church at 10 a.m. with registration at 9:30 a.m. Dr. Ethel Young-Minor of Oxford will be the guest speaker with Minister Mary Lesurer as guest lecturer. Minister Milony Mitchell-Jenkins, Sis. Patricia Powell, Sis. Edith Campbell as musical guest. All ladies are openly invited.
• GOSPEL SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a gospel singing with the Barnett Family as special guests. Fellowship will be at 6, singing at 7 p.m.
• Decision 2013 Meet, greet and listen to all candidates for public office. Bring your team banners and campaign spirit. National Guard Amory, April 20, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Public is invited. Food, music, fun.
• Walk-A-Thon sponsored by the Marshall County Retired Personnel Scholarship committee, Sat., April 20, 8 a.m., Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Prizes awarded per age group. Registration fee per participant.
• Basketball games The St. Mary/Cadet/Holy Family reunion committee 2014 is sponsoring ole school basketball games, Sat., April 20, 11 a.m. at the Holy Family gym. Two games, entertainment and refreshments. The public is invited.
• Intercessory prayer Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks, 10 a.m.-12 noon. For more info. call Evangelist Mary Jean Faulkner, 662-216-6788.
• CHOIR DAY Annual Choir Day will be held at New Hope MB Church at Laws Hill, 2:30 p.m. Bessie Tables is the pastor. Everyone is invited.
• WOMEN’S CONFERENCE CLIMAX worship service at Smith Grove M.B. Church at 2:30 p.m. Evangelist Shirley Perpener of Holy Nation Church of Bartlett, Tenn., will be the guest speaker. All are invited.
• DRAMA Barton Baptist Church is hosting Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames drama. The event will take place on April 21-23, 7 p.m. nightly. The church is located at 523 Quinn Road. Nursery will be provided. This drama has been done in years past and was very effective in presenting the gospel. Everyone is welcome.
• 12 Tribes of Israel Program will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• Choir day New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 Red Banks Rd., April 21, 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• REVIVAL Slayden Baptist Church will have revival services April 21-24 with evangelist Bro. Dale Walker of Concord Baptist Church, Alma, Ark. Services will begin with morning worship at 11 a.m. and nightly at 7 p.m.
• STEWARDS/STEWARDESSES Anderson Chapel CME Church is having its Annual Stewards/Stewardesses Day at 10:45 a.m. Rev. Helean Davis of Grays Chapel will be the guest preacher. The Holly Springs community is invited to worship with us. Rev. Denise Anders-Modest is the pastor.
• SPECIAL SERVICE Kimbrough Chapel will host the ninth pastor and Wife’s Love Day Service honoring Pastor J.W. Smith, Jr., and first lady Helen Smith at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Charles Gillespie and Pastor Archie Bowen will serve as Pulpit Manager. On that day, Pastor and Sister Smith will also be celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary.
• Benefit Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, for Deacon Jimmy Donnell and Mother Dorothy Donnell on Sunday, April 21, 5 p.m. Everyone is invited. Host pastor, Danny Kimbrough.
• Annual Usher Day Program will be held at St. Paul CME Church, during morning worship services at 11 a.m. Brenda Falkner, usher president. Rev. Charles Dooley is pastor.
• Class meeting HSHS Class of 1979 will meet, April 21, 4 p.m. at EconoLodge in Holly Springs. All classmates asked to attend.
• Women’s Day Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks, 10:30 a.m. Pastor Bruce Williams. Guest speaker, Minister Hannah Craft of Mt. Moriah.
• MEETING Holly Springs Marshall County Baptist Association will hold its executive board meeting at 7 p.m. at the Baptist Association Building. All pastors, layleaders, and board members are encouraged to attend. Pastor Archie Bowen, moderator, and Beverly Phillips, secretary.
• Youth revival Finley Grove, April 23-25, 7 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor Leroy James and Hopewell No. 1 Church. Everyone is invited. Pastor, James C. Green.
• Revival Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Wed.-Fri., April 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly. Different guests each night. Elder Eddie Wilson, pastor.
• Parent seminar Holly Springs Intermediate School, 5-7. p.m. Information about the new school, MCT 2 strategies, student recognition, federal programs updates, health information, pre-registration package, technology and parent resources will be given. Also, out-of-uniform passes will be given. A healthy snack will be served.
• Fish fry and $50 gas card giveaway, Holly Springs Fire Dept., April 26, 10 a.m. until. Will deliver with an order of 10 or more in a 35-mile range. New Dimension Salt and Light, Mary Sims, 901-603-8009.
• Movie night presented by the youth department of Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks. Donation at door includes movie and snacks; 6:30 p.m.
• Youth Rally Royston Chapel CME Church, 1-4 p.m. Great food, good music, educating on Christ and more. All church groups, youth groups and individuals are invited. Royston Chapel is located at 3701 Royston Road, south of Ashland, off Liberty and Royston Rd. For directions call 662-333-7830. All proceeds from food pricing will go to Royston Chapel’s youth ministry. Pastor Gwen Nelson extends a welcome to you.
• Young Adults Month at Pleasant Hill CME Church. They will sponsor a walk to remember in honor of a family member and friend. There will be a $10 donation. A short walk will start at Dollar General in Mt. Pleasant, 8 a.m.
• Black and gold meeting Holly Springs High School, Sat., April 27, 5 p.m. at Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. Other classes are invited.
• Car wash and bake sale, Finley Grove Church youth, at the KFC parking lot, April 27, 9 a.m. until. Everyone is asked to come out and support the youth. Pastor, James C. Green.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Sat., April 27, 7 p.m. Featured group will be Saving Grace. Everyone welcome.
• Tutoring classes offered by Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, in math, English, reading. Call Sis. Doris Williams, first lady of Ark of Safey, or Bro. Marco Wilson.
• YOUTH DAY will be held Free Branch M.B. Branch, 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all. Guests will be Pastor Patrick Bailey and the St. Mark Church family.
• Women’s Day Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, Sun., April 28, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Supervisor Vivian Wesson and the Westhaven Community COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Young Adults from Pleasant Hill CME Church will also sponsor a Twelve Tribes of Israel program during the 9 a.m. worship service. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor and everyone is invited.
• Queens of the Bible, presented by the Ministers’ Spouses, Widows and Widowers department of the North East MS Region of the CME Church, Sun., April 28, 4 p.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd. Everyone is invited. Elder Eddie Wilson, pastor.
• Silver Stars Reunion, Sun., April 28, 6:30 p.m. at the Baptist Association Building. Emcee Mary Lesure. Many groups on program. Everyone is invited.
• revival New Harmony Baptist Church from April 29-May 5. Bro. Bobby Barnes from Monroe, South Carolina will be preaching, 7 p.m. nightly. The church is located at 1928 West St., Holly Springs.
• Spay clinic The Marshall County Humane Society sponsored, low-cost spay/neuter clinic is open, corner of E. School St. and Hwy. 309, Byhalia. Call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• Relay for Life Marshall County team captains will meet Thurs., May 2, 5:15 at the Marshall County Library. Someone from your team needs to be there. Planning committee will meet at 6:15. Please come, we want this to be the best Relay ever.
• FUND-RAISER Galena School PTA is sponsoring a Big Fund-Raiser Raffle. All proceeds will be used for a playground facelift. Tickets may be purchased from any of the PTA members, Galena School, Annie’s Restaurant or South Center Printing. Raffle tickets are $10. There will be three prizes and you do not have to be present to win.
• FISH FRY Lessye Lee Davis Annual Fish Fry and activities will be held on the Holly Springs Court Square, 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Tickets may be purchased in advance by calling 662-252-3232 or from any member of the Federated Club. A graveside service honoring “Mama Lessye” will be held at Hill Crest Cemetery at 8:30 a.m. and the annual May Day parade will being at 11. The public is invited.
• PARADE The Lessye Lee Davis Memorial Parade will begin at 11 a.m. with the tribute to be held at HillCrest Cemeter at 8:30 a.m. The public is invited.
• Bible fellowship The Divine Women of God of Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., will have their Women of the Bible fellowship, Sat., May 4, 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Lunch will be provided. Free to everyone. Pastor, Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson.
• FRIENDS The Friends of the Marshall County Library will host their last program of the season. Local author Marie Moore will present and sign copies of her second novel. The business meeting will start at 11:30 and the program will start at 12 Noon. The public is encouraged to attend.
• Annual Women Day Program will be held at St. Paul CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Mary Cole and Pleasant Grove CME Church. All are invited. Dinner will be served. Contact Wanda McNeil, Missionary president. Rev. Charles Dooley is pastor.
• A Yard sale will be held at the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, (behind the post office), Friday and Saturday, May 24th and 25th from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Fish fry St. Mark Church, 3500 Hwy. 178, 11 a.m. Sponsored by the ushers. Proceeds to church building fund. 662-252-5656.
• THE SPIRITUAL FOUR will have their anniversary at Rising Star MB Church. Raffle tickets will be sold. Admission is free. Contact 662-557-3990 for more info.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page