Thursday, April 3, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Autism Awareness Day will be held at Cooper Park in downtown New Albany, 5-7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Very informative.
• Relay For Life of Marshall County team captains and planning committee meeting is Thursday, April 3, at 5:15. If you cannot come, please send someone from your team. We have important business to discuss. Don’t forget your T-shirt order. Relay is less than100 days away.
• Now through April 12 - “Easter Basket & Bake Sale Fund-raiser” hosted by Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. Tickets are on sale now for an over-filled Easter basket with extra special items the whole family will love. For more information on items in baskets or to purchase your tickets, call the church office at Friendship Assembly of God, 662-838-4000, and speak with Crystal. Tickets sold will be placed in drawing and the name of the person who purchased the winning ticket will be announced April 12, at the closing of the Easter Basket & Bake Sale fund-raiser. Easter Basket & Bake Sale to be held at the White Oak Cleaners in Olive Branch. Be sure to stop by to help support the children.
• Cayce Fire Department will have their spring fish fry, Lee Creek Road, 5 to 7 p.m. Proceeds will go to the maintenance of equipment. The meal will consist of fish, fries, slaw, dessert, tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out.
• Fish Fry, at the Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks, 10 a.m. until, and on Saturday, April 4, a yard sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information call 544-7651 or 238-4598.
• First arbor meeting at Holly Hill Baptist Church. You are invited for a time of fellowship and sharing at 6 p.m. Light refreshments served. For more info, call 901-687-6730 or check us out on Facebook.
• Yard sale, New Hope Emergency Shelter, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Great bargains, raffle and more. All proceeds benefit the homeless shelter and the Marshall County Food Pantry.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church of Waterford will sponsor a benefit program for Kelvin Mull and family at 6 p.m. You may mail your tax deductible donations payable to Greenfield Presbyterian Church, P.O. Box 72, Waterford, MS 38685. For more info. call Pastor W. James Lyons, 901-340-6423; 662-252-3311 (church); or Lavora Blake, 662-252-1166 or 662-252-3309, or Rev. Andrew Fluker, 901-428-3049.
• Rita Sweatt will be guest speaker at First Baptist Church in Potts Camp’s Women’s Conference, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Nursery provided. Call Leanna Stacks, 662-518-5186; Mary Bennett, 662-224-5215; or Sue Stone, 662-202-2518.
• First annual Unity Banquet, Sat., April 5, 6 p.m. in Shaw Cafeteria on Rust College campus. Presented by the Holly Springs Marshall County Rust/MI College Alumni Club and friends.
• Boater education class, MS Dept. of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, Sat., April 5, 8 a.m. until, at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Call the MDWFP office at 662-840-5172 to attend. For more info. call the MDWFP office.
• A benefit yard sale will be held at the VFW in Holly Springs, 8 a.m.-12 noon. All proceeds will benefit Ralph Doxey Jr.
• Free Branch M.B. Church will host the 12 Tribes of Israel Program, 11 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites the community.
• Gospel Spring Fest, Sun., April 6, 5 p.m., presented by the Harmoneers of Oxford, at Jones Grove MB Church. Many groups are on the agenda. Emcee is “The Golden Boy.”
• Homecoming, Providence MB Church, April 6, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Tony Wilkins from Yarbrough Chapel CME Church. Everyone is invited. Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
• The Macedonia CME Church will have Family and Friends’ Day, Sunday, April 6, 2 p.m. and dinner will be served, Rev. Morris Q. Stephens, pastor.
• Walton Chapel, 310 Potts Camp Road, Waterford, will have a three-day revival, beginning April 6 at 7 p.m. Sunday – Rev. Henry Foster, pastor of the Jesus Worship Center from Memphis, Tenn.; Monday – Rev. Lesha Agnew, pastor of Hamilton Chapel CME Church in Waterford; Tuesday – Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor of Pleasant Hill CME Church and Roberts Chapel CME Church in Holly Springs, will be guests. Music provided by several gospel groups. Pastor Wilbert Bolden invites everyone.
• Chewalla Baptist Church will have homecoming service with Bro. Greg Skelton officiating. Fellowship will be at 12:30 p.m. Singing at 1:30 p.m. with The Downs Family. Revival will be held April 7-9, 7 p.m. with Andy Skelton. Everyone is welcome.
• The Marshall County Water Association will have its annual Membership Meeting on April 7, at 6:30 p.m. The Marshall County Water Association is located at 512 Wingo Road, Byhalia (off Cayce Road).
• Mt. Pisgah CME Church’s spring revival will be held April 9-11, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. Freeman McKindra, pastor of Hurts Chapel CME Church in Olive Branch, guest speaker. Everyone is invited. Elder Eddie Wilson, pastor. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road, Byhalia.
• Prayer on the Square will be held every Wednesday morning, 7:30-8 a.m., on the Holly Springs courthouse square.
• Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC, of Mt. Pleasant, will have revival, Wed., April 9-Fri., April 11, 7 p.m. nightly, conducted by Evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev. Everyone invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Second annual Arts & Crafts Fair, 9-3, Mt. Pleasant First Baptist Church, 1450 Boswell Road. Vendors needed - 10x10 booth for $25. Contact Gena Bumpas at 901-651-0100 for more information.
• Zeta Phi Beta Youth Auxiliaries “Autism Walk 2014,” 9 a.m., Rust College Track and Field, 150 Rust Ave.
• Singing at Rice Chapel United Methodist Church, Hwy. 72. Fellowship, 6 p.m.; singing, 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Bro. Wayne Sheffield, pastor.
• Southern Image Quartet will be in concert at Winborn United Methodist Church, beginning at 5 p.m. Also, an open mike session. A meal will be served in the fellowship hall afterward. Everyone is invited.
• Knights of Columbus North Half Free Throw Championship will be held at 11 a.m. at Holy Family Gym on West Street.
• Auction at Thomas Arena, behind Days Inn., 6 p.m. until. Concessions available. Info., 662-216-0632, 662-252-9738 or Carol Person, 662-544-0054.
• New Garden Baptist Church, 4831 Sycamore Rd., Wakefield community, is having a gospel singing at 6 p.m., featuring the Fishers of Men Quartet from Pontotoc. A fellowship will follow. For more information, call 662-564-2680.
• Holly Springs annual Easter egg hunt, 10:30 a.m., at Spring Hollow Park.
• Alliance HealthCare System Relay for Life Team will have a bake sale, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. in front of Booker Hardware, 119 S. Market, on the square, Holly Springs. Thanks for your support in advance.
• Marianna Baptist Church, located off Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing with Picking Up The Pieces as guests. Singing will begin at 5 p.m. with food and fellowship afterwards. Pastor Bro. Danny Smithey invites everyone.
• Wild Game Dinner will be held at 5 p.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. Everyone is invited to be here and take part in this great time. The church is located on Interstate 78; take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd.
• Wall Doxey State Park is sponsoring an Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. Children ages 12 and under are invited. The grand prize is $50. For more information call Kenneth McMullen, park mgr. or Lordish Matheney, asst. mgr. at 662-252-4231.
• Women’s Day program, April 13, 2:30 p.m. at Mt. Teamer CME Church, Musgray Rd., Holly Springs. Guest speaker, Rev. Agnew with Hamilton Chapel Church, Waterford and their choir. Pastor Rev. Heny Damiens invites all.
• St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, will have their usher day program on Sunday, April 13, 2014, at 11:00 a.m. Sis. Brenda Falkner, Usher President, Rev. Charles Dooley is Pastor. The public is invited.
• Humane Society Monthly Meeting: 6 p.m. at our Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Call 662-564-2900 for directions. All animal lovers are welcomed!
• Walk of Faith, featuring the Holly Springs Choir, directed by Barbara Anderson, will be held on the Holly Springs Courthouse square, north side, beginning at 4:45 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Special presentation by Dr. Elliott Bass, family practice medicine, from Bethel AME Church, Leavenworth, Kan. on the crucifixion of Christ. April 18, 12 noon at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center. Everyone is welcome. For more info. call 662-252-5289.
• Smith Grove MB Church will host its Annual Women’s Conference April 18-20. Friday, 7 p.m. - guest will be Evangelist Minister Rita Dudley and panelist guest Armastine Gipson, Susie Bell, Rep. John Faulkner; Sat, 10 a.m. guest speaker will be Evangelist Janice Jackson of Sledge Height, Mich., and musical guest Evangelist Milony Jenkins; Sun., Conference Climax/Easter Service, 9:15 a.m. - Evangelist Janice Jackson.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria will be held at 7 p.m. (All youth and their friends welcome, ages 13 to 25).
• April 18-21, Friendship Christian Academy is closed for Good Friday and Easter break.
• Chewalla Assembly of God will have an Easter Egg Hunt at 2 p.m. There will be a hunt, games with prizes, hot dogs, drinks and much more. Everyone is invited. The church is the first church on Higdon Road in Holly Springs.
• CrossPointe Church Easter Services; 4-One hour long Easter Services for you to choose from at CrossPointe Church, 6400 Blocker Street in Olive Branch. Saturday, April 19 at 4:00 pm and at 6:00 pm. Sunday, April 20th at 8:30 am and at 10:30 am. Baby and toddler nurseries (8weeks-4 years) provided.
• A special love day tribute to Mattie B. Tyson-Polk and Joe Louis Polk Sr. will be held at the Mattie B’s Multi-Purpose Building, 1911 Wall Hill Road, Byhalia. For more information call Joe Ivory, 901-297-2487.
• Youth Day will be held at Friendship Assembly of God with special guest missionary Bob Frith. Services will start at 10 a.m.
• Annual Membership Meeting will be held at Cayce Fire Department, 7 p.m. Dues have to be paid before voting on anything. The station is located on Lee Creek Road off Cayce Road.
• Health fair, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Sponsored by Alliance HealthCare System.
• Byhalia High School - Henry High Reunion, classes 1959 thru 1974 - Friday-Sunday, May 23-25. All events will take place at Byhalia High School. For more information contact Bertha Thomas, 662-564-2662 or Patricia Lucas-Powell, 662-564-2214.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page