Thursday, March 27, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Wed. night prayer service, Chewalla Assembly of God, Higdon Rd., 6-7 p.m. All are invited. Pastor is Terrell Stacks.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School report card pickup and teacher conferences, 3-6 p.m. Parent Center will be open until 6 p.m.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will host a training on “Healthy Eating” at 12 noon and the Affordable Health Care Act at 5:30 p.m. in the Holly Springs Intermediate School cafeteria. For more info. call Beverly Phillips at 662-252-7733.
• City of Holly Springs Pastors Advisory Council will meet Thurs., March 27, 11 a.m. at Anderson Chapel Church on MLK Dr.. Call Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, 662-216-0369, or Pastor Tracy Jeffries, 662-629-0360 for more info.
• The ladies of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – Zeta Upsilon Zeta Chapter will be hosting their 24th annual Debutante Cotillion at Asbury United Methodist Church at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Free Branch M.B. Church Love Program for Rev. and Sis. Sykes will be held at 6 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites the community.
• Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road, will have a spring festival, beginning at 9 a.m. Booth rentals are $20 for a 10x10 space. You may have arts and crafts, yard sale items, etc. Contact Girly Hines, 901-412-6870.
• New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, will have a Prayer Breakfast, 9 a.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Marvin Branch.
• Resident Association of Holly View Place apartments will have a yard and bake sale, Sat., March 29, 8 a.m., 731 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. Everyone is invited.
• March Madness, March 29, at the Holy Family gym, sponsored by Be The Match and Holy Family. The Byhalia Ballers will be defending their 2013 title. Free-throw contest and 3-point shootout. For more info call Bernita Fountain, 662-557-0156.
• Grays Chapel CME Church, 3682 Hudsonville Road, will have “The Sixty-Six (66) Books of the Bible Program” at 1 p.m. Pastor Brian Davis invites all to this program.
• New Faith M.B. Church, 125 French Road, Victoria, will have a “New Beginning Program” at 2:30 p.m. All are welcome. Special guests will be the Baptist Ministry Male Chorus. Contact Rosemary Brown at 901-258-3022 for further information. Rev. Etoy Bogard Jr. is pastor.
• Benefit, Early Grove Methodist Church, Sat., March 29, for Jessica Pierce, who is fighting cancer. Singing at 5 p.m. with Living Proof from Somerville, Tenn. Barbecue supper, 5:30 p.m. and a raffle for a full-size quilt and a lap cover, as well as cake auctions. Please join us.
• Benefit program for Donald Heard, Pleasant Hill CME Church, Sat., March 29, 6 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Bell Grove Youth Revival will be held April 1-3, 7 p.m. Guest speaker for April 1 will be LaDarryl Odum; April 2, Pastor Antonio Jones, from New Direction; April 3, Mark Davis, from Wyatte Community Church. The entire community is invited. The church is at 853 Tyro Road.
• Autism Awareness Day will be held at Cooper Park in downtown New Albany, 5-7 p.m. Everyone is invited. Very informative.
• Cayce Fire Department will have their Spring Fish Fry, Lee Creek Road, 5 to 7 p.m. Proceeds will go to the maintenance of equipment. The meal will consist of fish, fries, slaw, dessert, tea or coffee. Eat in or carry out.
• Fish Fry will be held at the Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks, 10 a.m. until, and on Saturday, April 4, a yard sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information call 544-7651 or 238-4598.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church of Waterford will sponsor a benefit program for Kelvin Mull and family at 6 p.m. You may mail your tax deductible donations payable to Greenfield Presbyterian Church, P.O. Box 72, Waterford, MS 38685. For more info. call Pastor W. James Lyons, 901-340-6423; 662-252-3311 (church); or Lavora Blake, 662-252-1166 or 662-252-3309, or Rev. Andrew Fluker, 901-428-3049.
• Rita Sweatt will be guest spaker at First Baptist Church in Pott’s Camp’s Women’s Conference, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Nursery provided. Call Leanna Stacks, 662-518-5186, Mary Bennett, 662-224-5215, or Sue Stone, 662-202-2518.
• First annual Unity Banquet, Sat., April 5, 6 p.m. in Shaw Cafeteria on Rust College campus. Presented by the Holly Springs Marshall County Rust/MI College Alumni Club and friends.
• Boater education class, MS Dept. of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, Sat., April 5, 8 a.m. until, at the Marshall County Fairgrounds. Call the MDWFP office at 662-840-5172 to attend. For more info. call the MDWFP office.
• Free Branch M.B. Church will host the 12 Tribes of Israel Program 11 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites the community.
• Gospel Spring Fest, Sun., April 6, 5 p.m., presented by the Harmoneers of Oxford, at Jones Grove MB Church. Many groups are on the agenda. Emcee is “The Golden Boy.”
• Homecoming, Providence MB Church, April 6, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Tony Wilkins from Yarborough Chapel CME Church. Everyone is invited. Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
• The Macedonia CME Church will have Family and Friends' Day, Sunday, April 6, 2 p.m. and dinner will be served, Rev. Morris Q. Stephens, pastor.
• Walton Chapel, 310 Potts Camp Road, Waterford, will have a three-day revival, beginning April 6 at 7 p.m. Sunday – Rev. Henry Foster, pastor of the Jesus Worship Center from Memphis, Tenn.; Monday – Rev. Lesha Agnew, pastor of Hamilton Chapel CME Church in Waterford; Tuesday – Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor of Pleasant Hill CME Church and Roberts Chapel CME Church in Holly Springs, will be guests. Music provided by several gospel groups. Pastor Wilbert Bolden invites everyone.
• The Marshall County Water Association will have its annual Membership Meeting on April 7, at 6:30 p.m. The Marshall County Water Association is located at 512 Wingo Road, Byhalia (off Cayce Road).
• Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC, of Mt. Pleasant, will have revival, Wed., April 9-Fri., April 11, 7 p.m. nightly, conducted by Evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nev. Everyone invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Second annual Arts & Crafts Fair, 9-3, Mt. Pleasant First Baptist Church, 1450 Boswell Road. Vendors needed - 10x10 booth for $25. Contact Gena Bumpas at 901-651-0100 for more information.
• Zeta Phi Beta Youth Auxiliaries “Autism Walk 2014”, 9 a.m., Rust College Track and Field, 150 Rust Ave.
• Women’s Day program, April 13, 2:30 p.m. at Mt. Teamer CME Church, Musgray Rd., Holly Springs. Guest speaker, Rev. Agnew with Hamilton Chapel Church, Waterford and their choir. Pastor Rev. Heny Damiens invites all.
• Special presentation by Dr. Elliott Bass, family practice medicine, from Bethel AME Church, Leavenworth, Kan. on the crucifixion of Christ. April 18, 12 noon at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center. Everyone is welcome. For more info. call 662-252-5289.
• Smith Grove MB Church will host its Annual Women’s Conference April 18-20. Friday, 7 p.m. - guest will be Evangelist Minister Rita Dudley and panelist guest Armastine Gipson, Susie Bell, Rep. John Faulkner; Sat, 10 a.m. guest speaker will be Evangelist Janice Jackson of Sledge Height, Mich., and musical guest Evangelist Milony Jenkins; Sun., Conference Climax/Easter Service, 9:15 a.m. - Evangelist Janice Jackson.
• Chewalla Assembly of God will have an Easter Egg Hunt at 2 p.m. There will be a hunt, games with prizes, hot dogs, drinks and much more. Everyone is invited. The church is the first church on Higdon Road in Holly Springs.
• A special love day tribute to Mattie B. Tyson-Polk and Joe Louis Polk Sr. will be held at the Mattie B’s Multi-Purpose Building, 1911 Wall Hill Road, Byhalia. For more information call Joe Ivory, 901-297-2487.
• Annual Membership Meeting will be held at Cayce Fire Department, 7 p.m. Dues have to be paid before voting on anything. The station is located on Lee Creek Road off Cayce Road.
• Health fair, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Sponsored by Alliance HealthCare System.
• Byhalia High School - Henry High Reunion, classes 1959 thru 1974 - Friday-Sunday, May 23-25. All events will take place at Byhalia High School. For more information contact Bertha Thomas, 662-564-2662 or Patricia Lucas-Powell, 662-564-2214.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page