Thursday, March 14, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Fun day/Health Fair Mt. Sinai Church of God in Christ will have a fun day for the children and a health fair for the entire community, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Everyone is invited. Lunch will be served. There is no fee. Curtis Pritchard is pastor.
• Section-Wide Wild Game Dinner provided by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God Saturday, March 16, at 6 p.m., donations accepted at the door. For more information, call 662-838-4000.
• Prayer breakfast New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 Red Banks Rd., March 16, 9 a.m. Elder Lexine Smith from Mt. Teamer will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., March 16, 10 a.m. at J.B.’s Restaurant in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church in Lamar. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7. Guests are The Williams Family.
• Fish fry Smith Grove MB Church, Sat., Mar. 16, beginning at 10 a.m., on the corner at Marianna Grocery Store. For more info. call Melvin King, 662-252-3973.
• Faith tour Vincent Tharpe, Kenosis and others, Sat., Mar. 16, 6:30 p.m. Christ Temple COGIC, 210 W. Park Ave., Holly Springs. Host pastor, Elder Albert Pass. The public is invited.
• Usher Day program Free Branch MB Church, Sun., March 17, 2 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• 32nd anniversary Friendship Assembly of God, March 17, be sure you are here to help us celebrate. Service starts at 10 a.m. Potluck meal afterwards. Church is located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd., continue 1/4 mile to church entrance.
• REVIVAL Red Banks Baptist Church will have spring revival with Dr. Gary Richardson, pastor of North Oxford Baptist Church, beginning Sun., March 17, at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Mon.-Wed. at 6:30 p.m. Bro. James Overton will lead in worship. Bro. Jonathan Childress is pastor. The church is located about one mile north of U.S. Hwy. 78 at exit 21. For more information, please visit www.redbanksbc.com or www.facebook.com/redbanksbc.
• Ushers’ Day Free Branch MB Church, Sun., Mar. 17, 2 p.m. Guest church and speaker will be Rev. Eric Holloway and Lake Grove MB Church from Proctor, Ark. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall.
• Pastor/wife appreciation Finley Grove Church, for Pastor James Green and wife Sis. Margie Green, Mar. 17, 10 a.m. service with guest speaker Rev. Harvey Garrison and New Christ Beginning choir. Program will climax at 2:30 p.m. with guest speaker and choir, Rev. Samuel A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove choir. The public is invited.
• Spring break Friendship Christian Academy will be closed for spring break this week. Classes will resume Monday, March 25, 7:40 a.m. Friendship Assembly office will be open.
• Meeting The March meeting of the board of trustees for Holly Springs School District will be Tues., March 19, 6 p.m. in the Holly High library. 165 North Walthall St., Holly Springs.
• Meeting change The Marshall County Humane Society is changing their meeting night to Thursdays. March meeting will be Thurs., March 21, 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie L. Smith Drive.
• Spaghetti supper March 21, 4:30-7:30 p.m., sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs. Christ Episcopal Church parrish. Tickets available from any Pilot member or at the door. Proceeds go to community projects and St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
• FFA Alumni meeting Potts Camp FFA alumni meeting, March 21, 7 p.m., in the Potts Camp School ag building.
• Open Gym Night will be hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13 to 25, for a night of basketball, games, refreshments or just hang out and have fun.
• Birthday Celebration, Friday March 22, to commemorate the life of Dr. David Stratmon, 5:30 to 7 p.m. at 220 North Randolph St., Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum. For more info.: 662-252-3232 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Refreshments will be served.
• Easter play The Life of Christ will be presented by the Making Your Best Better Committee and the Eddie Lee Smith 4-H Club, Mar. 22, 6:30 p.m. at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Free admission. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Ase Lee Nunnally, 662-252-3012 or Autriniece Folsom, 662-216-6851.
• Banquet Pre-anniversary banquet for Pastor Jerry L. Williams, Reid’s Gift MB Church, Mar. 22 at Annie’s Restaurant, 7 p.m. To buy a ticket, please call the pastor’s aid committee, 662-607-2743.
• Youth Conference, Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 160 S. Memphis St., Holly Springs. Registration, 7:30 a.m.-8 a.m., conference begins at 8 a.m. Lunch will be provided. No admission fee. For more info. contact Sylvester Lester Jr., 662-287-4437; or Jerry Martin, 662-216-9984.
• “Sale-a-bration Easter Basket” Drawing/bake sale hosted by Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. Join us at the Village Cleaners in Olive Branch Saturday, March 23, at 10 a.m.
• Canine Obedience Classes begin at 9 a.m. at the Holly Springs Fire Dept. The six-week class runs from March 23-April 27, and raises funds for volunteer search and rescue K9 teams serving Marshall County. For more info. contact Judy Otto at 662-252-1004.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5, Ashland, March 23, 6 p.m. with the Barnetts. Pastor Robert Buse invites everyone.
• Easter egg hunt First Southern Baptist Church, Victoria, March 23, 5 p.m. Children 12 and under.
• Easter egg hunt Sam Coopwood Park, sponsored by the City of Holly Springs, for children ages 10 and under, Sat., March 23, 10:30 a.m.
• Benefit basketball game for Lisa Branch, Sat., March 23, Holy Family gym, 6 p.m. Sponsored by the Holly Springs High School Class of 1990.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Sat., Mar. 23, 7 p.m. with the Kennedy Family of Wheeler. Everyone is welcome.
• PASTOR ANNIVERSARY PROGRAM Reid’s Gift MB Church, pastor Jerry L. Williams, Mar. 24, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Pastor Thurmon Norman and the Mt. Newell MB Church of Red Banks.
• Men’s Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Men’s Day Program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Memorial Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Sunday Bible Fellowship of Friendship Assembly of God invites you to come one of the many classes offered on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. Nursery school to senior adult ministries, Life Kids, Aftershock Youth, Women and Men’s Ministries and much more.
• Deacon Day Bell Grove’s annual deacon day program will be held March 24, 2:30 p.m. Pastorf Bryro Barnes of Harris Chapel CME Church will be guest speaker. Marvin Lucas, host pastor.
• Trip Friendship Christian Senior Class leaves for a trip to Six Flags-St. Louis, 6 p.m. and return on March 30. Off campus education students are invited to attend.
• Offices closed The offices of Friendship Assembly and FCA will be closed for the observance of Easter holiday. Office will open and will resume classes Tuesday, April 2 at 7:40 a.m.
• Easter Program Jones Grove MB Church will have “The Last Seven Words from the Cross” Fri., Mar. 29, 7:30 p.m. Sev eral preachers speaking. The public is invited. Pastor, Rev. John Powell.
• “Set Me Free!” Easter drama at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Sat., March 30, at 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 31, at 10 a.m. You are invited. Nursery provided. Douglas Bell, pastor.
• Special meeting The Unit Burial Association will have a special meeting March 30, 12 noon at the M arshall County Library. All members are asked to be present. Ezekiel Owens, president.
Easter Service” at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church March 31st at 9:00 a.m. Rev. Tony Wilkins, host pastor. You are invited
• Easter program Free Branch M.B. Church will have their Easter program at 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites the community.
• It Is Finished Easter Sunday, March 31 by the Celebration Choir and Drama Team at Red Banks Baptist Church. Dinner on the grounds following the service, Easter egg hunt in the afternoon. The church is located one mile north of US 78 at exit 21. Visit www.redbanksbc.com or www.facebook.com for more information. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor. Bro. James Overton, minister of music. Tammy Rappa, children’s director
• “Resurrection Egg Hunt” hosted by Children’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God during 10 a.m. service. Everyone is invited.
• Concert The Master's Quartet from Booneville will be in concert at Red Banks Baptist Church on Sunday, April 7 at 5pm. Come join us for a night of song and praise! The church is located one mile north of US 78 at exit 21. Visit www.redbanksbc.com or www.facebook.com for more information. Bro. Jonathan Childress, Pastor
• Women’s conference First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, April 13, 8:30 a.m. Rita Sweatt, well-known Christian speaker and soloist, will be the guest speaker. All women are invited. Call Mary Bennett, 662-224-5215, Marie Alderson, 662-274-4190 or Sue Stone, 662-202-2518.
• Basketball tournament Finley Grove Church will have their first Leap With Faith basketball tournament, Sat., April 13. All church families interested, please call Joyce Brown, 662-216-0172 or Pastor James Green at 901-604-9552 by Mar. 31.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page