Thursday, March 6, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Grays Chapel CME Church will observe Ash Wednesday (Lent services), March 5, 7 p.m. Elder Bobby G. Wilson will be speaker. Rev. Brian Davis Sr., host pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Relay For Life of Marshall County team captains and planning committee meeting is Thursday, March 6, at 5:15 p.m. If you can’t come, please send someone from your team. Important business to discuss. Relay is 100 days away.
• Revival, Apostolic Church of Jesus, 178 Stonewall Rd., Byhalia, with Evangelist Bobby Carter, Sterling, La., March 7, 7:30 p.m., March 8, 7 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Pastor Garland Loveless and congregation invite all. For more info. call 901-870-1934.
• Take Pride In America Day at Chewalla Lake Recreation Area. To volunteer call Bobby Claybrook, U.S. Forest Service, Holly Springs Ranger District, 662-285-3254, or email at email@example.com.
• New Hope Baptist Church, 137 Valentine Rd. Holly Springs, will have a singing, March 8, with Mike DeVore. Fellowship meal at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Pastor Tony Watkins and congregation invite all.
• Red Banks Vol. Fire Department will have a fish fry, 11 a.m. until, for $8 a plate. Anyone who would like to donate desserts may call 901-674-3356 or 662-216-3283.
• Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority will be hosting a “Saturday Wine Down” at the Zeta/Sigma Complex March 8, 8 p.m. Admission will be charged.
• Fish fry and silent auction will be held at First Baptist Church of Potts Camp beginning at 5 p.m. Proceeds to benefit Gayle Ash, who has cancer.
• The Pounders Family will be in concert at Winborn United Methodist Church, Hickory Flat, beginning at 5 p.m. There will be an open mike session. A meal will be served in the fellowship hall following singing. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Neal Vick.
• Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia, will have annual Family and Friends’ Day at 2 p.m. Guests will be Rev. Ladell Odum and the St. Mark Church family from Collierville, Tenn. Dinner will be served. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor, invites everyone.
• Youth Day program, New Hope MB Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, Laws Hill, during morning service, 11:15 a.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Gulledge and Walton Chapel CME Church family. Dr. Bessie Tables, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Beverly Chapel CME Church will have a community prayer service, March 9, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Shady Grove CME Church family, pastor Rev. Cornelia Booker, speaker. Everyone is invited. For more info call Patricia Pegues, sponsor, 662-252-4593, 901-573-0065. Pastor, Rev. Kenneth Rogers.
• Soccer Season at Bridgeway Baptist Church, 107 Taska Road, Mt. Pleasant for kids 5-13 years of age. Call Chuck, 901-619-6126 or Jamie, 901-485-3044. The cost is $40. (Sibling pricing, $30 for second; $20 for each child after.) Assessment practices begin week of March 24. Parents/grandparents, volunteers needed for concession stand, team snacks and water.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4H Club meeting (third graders), Holly Springs Primary School, 1:40 p.m.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, will be having a Holy Ghost Revival conducted by Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, starting Wednesday, March 12 through Friday, March 14, 7 p.m. nightly. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard is pastor.
• Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club meeting (fourth-fifth graders), Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
• Fellowship Baptist Church 1593 Hwy. 309, Byhalia. Pastor Wade Crum and congregation invite everyone to Beyond Measure’s 6th year celebration, 5 p.m., Sunday March 16. For more info. call 662-838-4377 or 901-497-8337. Fellowship to follow service.
• Pleasant Grove M.B. Church, Red Banks, will have a “Honoring the Man of God” Program, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Ladaryl Odum of St. Mark M.B. Church, Collierville, Tenn.
• The Berachah Ministries formally Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, will be having their Musician’s Appreciation Service starting Saturday, 7 p.m. and climaxing on Sunday at 3 p.m. Guests will include the Pritchard Sisters and a host of choirs, groups, and singers. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church of Waterford will sponsor a benefit program for Kelvin Mull and family at 6 p.m. You may mail your tax deductible donations payable to Greenfield Presbyterian Church, P.O. Box 72, Waterford, MS 38685. For more info. call Pastor W. James Lyons, 901-340-6423; 662-252-3311 (church); or Lavora Blake, 662-252-1166 or 662-252-3309.
• Rita Sweatt will be guest spaker at First Baptist Church in Potts Camp’s Women’s Conference, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Nursery provided. Call Leanna Stacks, 662-518-5186, Mary Bennett, 662-224-5215, or Sue Stone, 662-202-2518.
• Second annual Arts & Crafts Fair, 9-3, Mt. Pleasant First Baptist Church, 1450 Boswell Road. Vendors needed - 10x10 booth for $25. Contact Gena Bumpas at 901-651-0100 for more information.
• Byhalia High School - Henry High Reunion, classes 1959 thru 1974 - Friday-Sunday, May 23-25. All events will take place at Byhalia High School. For more information contact Bertha Thomas, 662-564-2662 or Patricia Lucas-Powell, 662-564-2214.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page