Thursday, March 7, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Community Outreach Ministry Greenfield Presbyterian Church will open its doors each Wednesday, beginning March 6 from 2- 6 p.m. for your pastoral needs. Bible Study begins at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to come. The church is located at 5024 Old Highway 7 South, Waterford. For more info. call 662-252-3311. W. James Lyons is pastor.
• Monthly meeting Relay For Life of Marshall County, Thursday, March 7, 5:15 p.m. for team captains and 6:15 for committee members at the county library. If you cannot come, please send someone in your place. Info. on next two fund-raisers: Diaper Dan and Diaper Diva and Paint the Town Purple. Call Linda Whitlock Wilson for more info. at 662-252-4706.
• Women’s Conference The annual Women’s Conference of Salt and Light Ministries, March 7-10, 7 p.m. on Thurs. and Fri. Saturday session will begin at 10 a.m. Conference will climax Sunday with the 11 a.m. service. Bishop L.T. Mason will be speaker Sunday.
• PTSA meeting Thursday, March 7, 5:30 p.m. at the Holly High Library. All are invited to attend.
• Free throw championship Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, March 9, 11 a.m., Holy Family School gym, West St. Open to all boys and girls, ages 10-14. All entrants must have a consent form and entrance form. For more info. or a form, call C. Vinson, 662-252-2567, or V. Beard, 662-252-2018.
• Wild game supper Red Banks Baptist Church will host their third annual wild game supper on Saturday, March 9, beginning at 6 p.m. The church is located one mile north of U.S. 78 at exit 21. Visit www.redbanksbc.com or www.facebook.com for more information. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Sat., March 9, with fellowship at 5 and singing at 6 p.m. Guests will be Blood Bought.
• Cancelled Pre-anniversary program for Pastor Jerry L. Williams, that was to be held March 9 at Reid’s Gift MB Church has been cancelled.
• Appreciation Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Musician’s Appreciation Day program at 3 p.m. All churches, groups and choirs are invited to attend. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 100 Men in black Greenfield Presbyterian Church (USA), 5024 Old Hwy. 7 S., Waterford. Sun., March 10, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Willie Conner of Smith Grove MB Church will be speaker. Everyone invited. W. James Lyons, pastor.
• Family & Friends day Isaac Chapel CME Church, Byhalia, Sun., March 10, 2 p.m. Pastor Joe L. Tunstall and Free Branch MB Church will be guests. You are invited. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Youth day program, New Hope MB Church, Pastor Bessie Tables, Laws Hill, March 10, 11:15 a.m. Pastor Archie Bowen of Hearn Grove will be speaker.
• Revival will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church starting Sunday, March 10 at 6 p.m., Monday and Tuesday at 7 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• Community prayer service, Beverly Chapel CME Church, Hwy. 4, Sun., March 10, 3:30 p.m. Guest pastor will be Samuel Phillips, pastor of Pleasant Grove MB Church.
enlightenment New Hope MB Church, Pastor Bessie Tables, Laws Hill,
March 11-13, 7 p.m. nightly. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Fun day Mt. Sinai Church of God in Christ will have a fun day for the children and a health fair for the entire community, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Everyone is invited. Lunch will be served. There is no fee. Curtis Pritchard is pastor.
• Section Wide Wild Game Dinner provided by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God Saturday, March 16, at 6 p.m., donations accepted at the door. For more info. call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Prayer breakfast New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 Red Banks Rd., March 16, 9 a.m. Elder Lexine Smith from Mt. Teamer will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Usher Day program Free Branch MB Church, Sun., March 17, 2 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• 32nd anniversary Friendship Assembly of God, March 17, be sure you are here to help us celebrate. Service starts at 10 a.m. Potluck meal afterwards. Church is located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd., continue 1/4 mile to church entrance.
• Meeting The March meeting of the board of trustees for Holly Springs School District will be Tues., March 19, 6 p.m. in the Holly High library. 165 North Walthall St., Holly Springs.
• Meeting change The Marshall County Humane Society is changing their meeting night to Thursdays. March meeting will be Thurs., March 21, 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie L. Smith Drive.
• Spaghetti supper March 21, 4:30-7:30 p.m., sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs. Tickets available from any Pilot member or at the door.
• Open Gym Night will be hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13 to 25, for a night of basketball, games, refreshments or just hang out and have fun.
• Youth Conference, Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 160 S. Memphis St., Holly Springs. Registration, 7:30 a.m.-8 a.m., conference begins at 8 a.m. Lunch will be provided. No admission fee. For more info. contact Sylvester Lester Jr., 662-287-4437; or Jerry Martin, 662-216-9984.
• “Sale-a-bration Easter Basket” Drawing/bake sale hosted by Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. Join us at the Village Cleaners in Olive Branch Saturday, March 23, at 10 a.m.
• Canine Obedience Classes begin at 9 a.m. at the Holly Springs Fire Dept. The six-week class runs from March 23-April 27, and raises funds for volunteer search and rescue K9 teams serving Marshall County. For more info. contact Judy Otto at 662-252-1004.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5, Ashland, March 23, 6 p.m. with the Barnetts. Pastor Robert Buse invites everyone.
• Men’s Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Men’s Day Program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Memorial Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• “Set Me Free!” Easter drama at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Sat., March 30, at 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 31, at 10 a.m. You are invited. Nursery provided. Douglas Bell, pastor.
• Special meeting The Unit Burial Association will have a special meeting March 30, 12 noon at the M arshall County Library. All members are asked to be present. Ezekiel Owens, president.
• Easter program Free Branch M.B. Church will have their Easter program at 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites the community.
• It Is Finished Easter Sunday, March 31 by the Celebration Choir and Drama Team at Red Banks Baptist Church. Dinner on the grounds following the service, Easter egg hunt in the afternoon. The church is located one mile north of US 78 at exit 21. Visit www.redbanksbc.com or www.facebook.com for more information. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor. Bro. James Overton, minister of music. Tammy Rappa, children’s director
• “Resurrection Egg Hunt” hosted by Children’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God during 10 a.m. service. Everyone is invited.
• Concert The Master's Quartet from Booneville will be in concert at Red Banks Baptist Church on Sunday, April 7 at 5pm. Come join us for a night of song and praise! The church is located one mile north of US 78 at exit 21. Visit www.redbanksbc.com or www.facebook.com for more information. Bro. Jonathan Childress, Pastor
• Women’s conference First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, April 13, 8:30 a.m. Rita Sweatt, well-known Christian speaker and soloist, will be the guest speaker. All women are invited. Call Mary Bennett, 662-224-5215, Marie Alderson, 662-274-4190 or Sue Stone, 662-202-2518
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page