Thursday, October 16, 2014
Calendar of Events
• Olive Branch Genealogy Club will meet 12-2 p.m. at B.J. Chain Library, 6619 Hwy. 305 N. A genealogy round table discussion is scheduled. Come share your research questions and ideas. For information call 662-895-4365 or visit www.objc.limewebs.com.
• Humane Society Monthly meeting, 6 p.m., at the shelter on Eddie L. Smith Dr. All animal lovers are welcome. Call if you need more info. 662-564-2900.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet Thursday, October 16 and Thursday, October 23 at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m. Bring your binder, wear your t-shirt and be prepared to recite the 4-H pledge.
• Benefit bike ride for Randy Skelton will be held beginning at 8 a.m. Starting point will be Cousin’s, Hwy. 7 N., and end at Rattlesnake Restaurant in Tuscumbia, Ala. For more information call Chase Haney at 662-544-2260 or Kerry Skelton, 662-274-4636 for any questions.
• Grays Chapel CME Church, 3682 Hudsonville Rd., Holly Springs, will be having their annual Hudsonville Community Fall Festival and Garage Sale from 7 a.m. until noon. Food, clothes and household items will be available for purchase.
• W.T. Sims High Class of 1967 will meet at 5 p.m. at the Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs. All classmates of the 1967 graduating class are welcome to come.
• Hunter Ed Class, 8 a.m. until, Marshall County Fairgrounds. Bring Social Security number. Must be 10 years of age to be certified. To register and for more information call 662-563-6222.
• Singing - Clear Creek Baptist Church with Living Proof as guests. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Pastor Andy Skelton invites all.
• Linda Wilson, Relay for Life director, will be conducting a breast cancer workshop at 11 a.m. at the Grays Chapel Church Community October Fest and Garage Sale. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Rev. Brian Davis.
• Pastor John Powell and Jones Grove Baptist Churchwill sponsor a Fun Day bus trip to Lambert’s Restaurant in Sikeston, Mo. For more information contact Pastor John Powell at 901-299-8032.
• The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel UMC celebrates Annual Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. Rev. Erin Beasley, director of Alcorn Wesley Foundation, Alcorn State University, Lorman, will be guest speaker. Rev. Zachary Beasley, pastor, invites all.
• The Berachah Ministries, formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will be having their pastor and wife anniversary service for pastor Curtis and evangelist Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be superintendent Albert Pass and the Christ Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, Homecoming, 10 a.m. Guest singers, The Telestials. Potluck lunch following service. For more information call 662-895-2608.
• Special “Speed The Light” Missions at Friendship Assembly of God starts at 10 a.m. Church located on Interstate 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd., continue 1/2 mile to church entrance.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet Thursday, October 23 at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m. Bring your binder, wear your t-shirt and be prepared to recite the 4-H pledge.
• The Victoria Volunteer Fire Department will have a Haunted House open October 24-31, 7 p.m. Concessions available. $2 admission.
• Mt. Ollie MB Church will be having their Women and Youth Conference; breakfast at 8 a.m.; conference starts at 9 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Keep The Faith Ministries will have their Second Annual Community Awards Banquet, 6 p.m., at Rust College Shaw Cafeteria. Honorees are George Zinn, Kevin Thomas, Lincoln Martin, Flick Ash, Annie Moffitt Lucas, Marsha Powell, Cheri Powers-Page, and Betty Williams. Tickets $15 each, 2/$25 and $20 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at Matthew’s Liquor Store in Byhalia and Annie’s Restaurant in Holly Springs.
• Singing, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Holly Springs, 7 p.m. Bro. Malcolm Lindsey will be guest singer. Everyone welcome.
• Brookside Baptist Church fall revival Oct. 26-29 with guest speaker Steve Hale. For more info., please contact the church office at 662-890-4063.
• Greenfield Presbyterian Church is having their pastor and wife Love Day during the 11 a.m. service. All are invited.
• Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will host their 119th church anniversary. Guests will be Pastor Curlie Reliford and Strawberry Baptist Church, 11 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith, host pastor.
• Mt. Ollie MB will celebrate Women Day Program. Guest speaker for morning services, apostle Mae L. Palmer from Aurora, Ill., start at 11 a.m. Special guest speaker for 2:30 p.m. will be Annie Jean Spight from Hopewell No. 2. Everyone is invited.
• Installation service for Rev. Micheal Gordon as the new pastor of Smith Grove Church, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor McArthur King and Jeffries Chapel Church family of Oxford. All are invited to come out and welcome him into the community.
• Homecoming-Old Fashion Day - First Baptist Church, 6874 Church Ave., Potts Camp, 9:45 a.m. Message by Bro. Herbert Luther, former FBC member, now pastor of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church in Ashland. Singing by local talent. Buffet meal at noon. Bro. Paul Hicks, pastor; Bro. Larry Tate, music director.
• Pastor and Wife’s Love Day for Tracy and Shreda Jeffries will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Pastor Patrick Washington and the Greenwood Church family. The church is located at 1296 S. Red Banks Road.
• Free Branch MB Church will host a breast cancer/domestic violence awareness ceremony Oct. 26, 9 a.m. The community is invited.
• Revival at Potts Camp Methodist Church will be held on October 27 and 28. Rev. Brownie Tohill will be the speaker, music by Mitch Stone.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will have a Halloween Party at Pizza Hut, Thursday, October 30, at 6 p.m. Members must wear a costume; a prize for the best costume. Parents must accompany their child. For more information contact M. Hicks at 662-252-5920
• Citizens Bank is having a food drive for Hearts and Hands Ministry at the main bank in Byhalia, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. For a donation of non-perishable foods you can get a hotdog, hamburger, chips and drink. Giveaways for children also.
• “A community Affair” Harvest Festival Fun with the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God. The fun filled night begins at 6 p.m. with inflatables, games, hay rides, good eats and much more. The church is located at Victoria, Exit 18, off of Hwy. 178.
• Hallelujah Night will be held at Asbury United Methodist Church from 6 - 9 p.m. There will be games, prizes and free food, a costume contest and free give aways.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome. There will be fish, hushpuppies, fries, slaw, dessert and tea, $8.
• Harvest Day Program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Guest will be Rev. Andre Williams of Hebron M.B. Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, everyone is invited to attend.
• Barton Fire and Rescue Annual Fish Fry, 5 p.m. until. Kenny Dickerson and his gang cooking your favorite farm raised catfish, includes two sides, tea or water and desert of your choice. Tickets on sale now only $12. Pre-order tickets to guarantee availability. We will be out selling tickets door to door soon or call 662-895-7565 leave a message and we will call you to set up a time to bring them to you.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page