Thursday, September 18, 2014
Calendar of Events
Free Branch will not be in session for Bible class on Wed., Sept. 17,
or Sun., Sept. 21, for morning worship. Please join us Wed., Sept. 24
at 6 p.m. for Bible class and Sun., Sept. 28, at 9 a.m., for morning
worship. Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, 2:30 p.m.
• Holly Springs Main Street Chamber Quarterly Luncheon at Kirkwood starts at 12 noon. Speaker will be developer William Adair. For more info. call 662-252-2943.
• The Marshall County Humane
Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society
building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Animal lovers
• Reid’s Gift MB Church will have their annual Walk-a-Thon, two miles, 9 a.m., Potts Camp. Chairpersons, Bro. Victor Peyton, Sis. Birda Harris. Pastor Jerry Williams. Everyone is invited.
• Victoria Church of Christ, Youth Day program, 10 a.m. Theme, Teen Peer Pressure, also drug awareness and bullying. Lunch will be served after the program. Guest speaker will be Bernita Fountain. Author Avent, Keron Cowan, speakers. Minister David Jackson.
• Health Fair, Sat., Sept. 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Cayce Vol. Fire Dept., Lee Creek Rd., Byhalia. Free health screening, exhibitor booths. Sponsored by Mt. Zion Taska Church, Byhalia Family Health Center and Cayce Fire Dept.
• Chulahoma Lodge #241 and Daughters of Jephthah #167 are sponsoring a fish fry, 1 p.m. until at the Chulahoma Masonic Lodge, Hwy. 4 West. Please come out to support.
• Singing, Clear
Creek Baptist Church, with Still Blessed Trio. Fellowship at 6 p.m.,
singing at 7. Pastor Andy Skelton invites all.
• Finley Grove MB Church, annual Women’s Day, Sun., Sept. 21, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be Pastor Bessie Tables of New Hope in Laws Hill and church family. The public is invited.
• Women’s Month, True Vine MB Church, 11 a.m., Timothy Brown, pastor. Guest speaker, Evangelist Doris Williamson.
• Davis Temple Outreach Ministry, 635 West St., will celebrate the 16th anniversary of their pastor and wife, Elder Robert Davis and first lady Judy Davis. Guest speaker, Elder Dennis Boyd of Second Chance Church, Tupelo, along with his church family. Other local choirs also. For more info. call 662-512-8514.
• Gray’s Chapel Men’s Day Program will be held at 3682 Hudsonville Road, Holly Springs, 2 p.m. Mac Hicks will be guest speaker. Rev. Brian Davis, pastor, welcomes everyone.
• Kimbrough Chapel Sunday School Dept. will host their annual promotion day. Everyone is invited. Sun., Sept. 21, 9 a.m.
• Spay/Neuter days - Tues., Sept. 23. Appointments available for male dogs, female dogs under 50 lbs. and cats. Please call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library at 6 p.m. Bring your white binder, pencil and paper. Be prepared to recite the 4-H Pledge. Wear your 4-H T-shirt.
• Berachah Ministries (formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC) of Mt. Pleasant, will have a pre-anniversary service for pastor and first lady, Elder Curtis and Missionary Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Stanley Johnson and True Holiness Outreach Ministries of Collierville, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• Holly Springs Intermediate School will have its Federal Programs Committee meeting at 10:30 a.m. in Mrs. Gibson’s office. We will need volunteers from parents and the community to serve on the committee.
• Free Branch Bible class will be held at 6 p.m.
• Humane Society monthly meeting, 6 p.m. at our Adoption Center on Eddie Smith Dr. Call 662-564-2900 for more information. All animal lovers are welcome!
• Holly Springs High School and Holly Springs Career and Technical Center will hold their Back-to- School Night at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Parents are encouraged to attend.
• Fellowship Baptist Church, 1593 Hwy. 309 N, will have their fall festival 2-4:30 p.m. There will be a cake walk, chili cookoff, silent auction, games and events for the kids, and hot dogs. Donations will go to help the Ladies’ Ministries. For more information call 662-838-4377. Pastor Wade Crum welcomes all to attend.
• New Mt. Gillian Yard Sale and Fish Fry, Watson Community Center. Yard sale, 9 a.m., fish fry, 11 a.m. Pre-order your plate today, 901-896-5413.
• Isaac Chapel Church youth will be giving a fish fry at 11 a.m. The church is located on Hwy. 309 S. in Byhalia. Pastor, Rev. Willie Ward.
• Culver-Teasler family reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. For more info. call Sallie Shaw, 252-4369.
• Evangel Full Gospel of Holly Springs, singing, 7 p.m. The Downs Family will be the featured group. Everyone is invited.
• AARP Driver Safety Class will be held at St. Joseph Church, 305 E. Van Dorn Ave. Registration 8:30 a.m. Class from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Call 662-252-2051 to register or for more info. There will be a fee for the class. Certificates will be issued at the end of the class.
• Mt. Zion-Taska MB Church will have a women’s conference, Sat., Sept. 27, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Registration, 8:30 a.m.
Fall festival, Jones Grove MB Church, Pastor John Powell, Sat., Sept.
27, 11 a.m. until. Many choirs, groups and speakers. Special guests,
Bob Halloway and the Southern Sons of Memphis, Tenn. For more info.
call Pastor Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Pastor Joe Louis and Arlene Tunstall’s Love Day, Sun., Sept. 28, 2:30 p.m., guest speaker Pastor La-Darney Mitchell, Pine Glen Echo MB Church from Pine Lawn, Mo.
• Berachah Ministries (formerly Mt. Sinai COGIC) of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor and First Lady Elder Curtis and Missionary Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Stanley Johnson and True Holiness Outreach Ministries of Collierville, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• Finley Grove MB Church annual Fruits of the Spirit program, 10 a.m., with the morning service. The public is invited.
• Women’s month, True Vine MB Church, 11 a.m., Timothy Brown, pastor. Guest speaker, Evangelist Louise Moore.
• Free Branch will have morning worship at 9 a.m. and Pastor and Wife’s Love Day at 2:30 p.m.
• Mt. Zion Taska will continue their women’s day conference, Sun., Sept. 28, during morning service. Their annual women’s chorus musical will be held at 3 p.m.
• Super Sunday at Kimbrough Chapel
Baptist Church, all day long. Many speakers throughout the day. You
don’t want to miss this and bring your shouting shoes.
• Cayce Volunteer Fire Department annual fish fry will be held from 5-7 p.m. The community is ask to donate desserts. You can purchase tickets from any Cayce firefighter or board member or at the door. For more info. call Debbie Free 901-486-5155 or Charlie Free at 901-409-1974, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• New Dimension
Church, Holly Springs, will have a live cd recording featuring The
Anointed Spiritualettes, Pastor Mark Granberry, The Southern Aires,
Minister Larry Martin and many more, 7 p.m. For more info. contact
Craig Williamson, 901-315-3702. Host pastor is Elder A. Allen.
• Red Banks Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a fish fry and auction. Fish fry 10 a.m. until, auction following about 3 p.m. Any donations welcome.
• First Baptist Church-Mt. Pleasant will have a fish fry, 5-7 p.m. Eat-in or carry-out available. $12.00 per plate includes Kenny Dickerson’s fish, fries, hushpuppies, slaw, dessert, and drink. The church is located at Hwy. 311 and 1450 Boswell Road.
• Women’s conference at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, Sat., Oct. 4, 10 a.m. The general public is invited, men also!
Old Philadelphia Church, service/meeting, 1-3 p.m. Trying to protect
this beloved historic church so future generations can respectfully
enjoy worship and fellowship. Contact Nancy at email address
email@example.com for more information.
First annual Marshall Academy Booster Club 5K/Fun Walk starts at 8 a.m.
Early registration, which ends Oct. 10, is $20. Race day registration
is from 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. and the cost is $25. Reg. forms available
at the school or by calling Carrie Hutchens, 662-544-6050. Mail
registration form, with check, to MA Booster Club, 5K, 100 Academy
Drive, Holly Springs, MS 38635.
• Brookside Baptist Church fall revival Oct. 26-29 with guest speaker Steve Hale. For more info., please contact the church office at 662-890-4063.
• Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will host their 119th church anniversary. Guests will be Pastor Curlie Reliford and Strawberry Baptist Church., Sun., Oct. 26, 11 a.m. Rev. J.W. Smith, host pastor.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page