Thursday, February 28, 2013
Calendar of Events
• Parent training Holly Springs Intermediate School Parent Center will offer a parent training session on “Basic Principles of Good Parent/Child Communication” at 12 noon in the Intermediate School Parent Center. Lunch will be served.
• Read Across America “Grab Your Hat and Read with the Cat” Holly Springs Intermediate School invites everyone to come in on March 1 and read to one or two classes for Read Across America Day, 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. For more info. contact Linda Steward, 662-252-2329 ext. 8080, or Beverly Phillips at 662-252-7733.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, March 2, with Still Blessed (Pam Gardener). Eat at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• BARBECUE FUND-RAISER $5 a plate (donations welcome). Sat., March 2, 12 noon until 3 p.m. Silent auction, music, with “Evangelism in Clay” 3 p.m. Potts Camp United Methodist Church. All proceeds go to the Potts Camp Charge UMC Samaritan House
• Prayer summit, March 2, 10 a.m. at Bountiful Blessings Ministry, 28 Tyro Rd., and March 3, 3 p.m. at Giver of Abundant Life Ministry, 9729 Hwy. 178 E., Olive Branch. The 2013 intercessory prayer summit is lead by Apostle Mae L. Palmer of Aurora, Ill.
• Salamanders The secret lives of salamanders, Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, Sat., March 3. There is a charge. Space is limited, email email@example.com or call 662-252-1155.
• Benefit program for Mary Alice Jones, A.W. Lucas and Winford Boyd, Sat., March 2, 6 p.m. at Pleasant Grove MB Church in Red Banks.
• SINGING Chewalla Baptist Church will have a special singing with Unity Four as the guest singers. Everyone is invited. Singing will begin at 11 a.m.
• Women’s Day program Sun. March 3, Pleasant Hill CME Church at 2:30 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Johnathon Bass. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• Communitywide revival, Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., Holly Springs, March 5-7, 7 p.m. nightly. Participating churches are Mt. Moriah, Smith Grove MB Church, Mt. Olive MB Church, Union Valley MB Church and Antioch MB Church. Different speakers each night.
• Community Outreach Ministry Greenfield Presbyterian Church will open its doors each Wednesday, beginning March 6 from 2- 6 p.m. for your pastoral needs. Bible Study begins at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to come. The church is located at 5024 Old Highway 7 South, Waterford. For more info. call 662-252-3311. W. James Lyons is pastor.
• Monthly meeting Relay For Life of Marshall County, Thursday, March 7, 5:15 p.m. for team captains and 6:15 for committee members at the County Library. If you cannot come, please send someone in your place. Info. on next two fund-raisers: Diaper Dan and Diaper Diva and Paint the Town Purple. Call Linda Whitlock Wilson for more info. at 662-252-4706.
• Women’s Conference The annual Women’s Conference of Salt and Light Ministries, March 7-10, 7 p.m. on Thurs. and Fri. Saturday session will begin at 10 a.m. Conference will climax Sunday with the 11 a.m. service. Bishop L.T. Mason will be speaker Sunday.
• Free throw championship Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, March 9, 11 a.m., Holy Family School gym, West St. Open to all boys and girls, ages 10-14. All entrants must have a consent form and entrance form. For more info. or a form, call C. Vinson, 662-252-2567, or V. Beard, 662-252-2018.
• Appreciation Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Musician’s Appreciation Day program at 3 p.m. All churches, groups and choirs are invited to attend. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 100 Men in black Greenfield Presbyterian Church (USA), 5024 Old Hwy. 7 S., Waterford. Sun., March 10, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Willie Conner of Smith Grove MB Church will be speaker. Everyone invited. W. James Lyons, pastor.
• Family & Friends day Isaac Chapel CME Church, Byhalia, Sun., March 10, 2 p.m. Pastor Joe L. Tunstall and Free Branch MB Church will be guests. You are invited. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Youth day program, New Hope MB Church, Pastor Bessie Tables, Laws Hill, March 10, 11:15 a.m. Pastor Archie Bowen of Hearn Grove will be speaker.
• Church enlightenment New Hope MB Church, Pastor Bessie Tables, Laws Hill, March 11-13, 7 p.m. nightly. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Usher Day program Free Branch MB Church, Sun., March 17, 2 p.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• Meeting change The Marshall County Humane Society is changing their meeting night to Thursdays. March meeting will be Thurs., March 21, 6 p.m. at the Adoption Center on Eddie L. Smith Drive.
• Youth Conference, Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 160 S. Memphis St., Holly Springs. Registration, 7:30 a.m.-8 a.m., conference begins at 8 a.m. Lunch will be provided. No admission fee. For more info. contact Sylvester Lester Jr., 662-287-4437; or Jerry Martin, 662-216-9984.
• Men’s Day The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Men’s Day Program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Memorial Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• “Set Me Free!” Easter drama at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Sat., March 30, at 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 31, at 10 a.m. You are invited. Nursery provided. Douglas Bell, pastor.
• Easter program Free Branch M.B. Church will have their Easter program at 9 a.m. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites the community.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page