Thursday, January 31, 2013
Calendar of Events
• memorial Tribute/Love program, Fri., Feb. 1, 6:30 p.m. at the Holy Family School on behalf of the late Betty Raimey. Please come, participate and support. Open door program.
• Prayer breakfast The Mt. Moriah Men of Faith, under the leadership of Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will have their annual prayer breakfast at 9 a.m. Tickets are $5 and the church is located at 3193 Marianna Road.
• Musical program Rising Star MB Church, Chewalla Rd., Holly Springs, Feb. 2, 6 p.m., in honor of the pastor, Robert McClain. All churches, choirs and groups are invited to attend and participate.
• Super Sunday, Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Rd., Byhalia. Special guests, Southern Image. Morning worship, 10 a.m. (no Sunday School). Come and bring a friend. Pot luck lunch after service. Bring your favorite dish.
• Usher day Mt. Teamer CME Church, Sun., Feb. 3, 2:30 p.m. with a special guest speaker and guest church from Memphis, Tenn. Pastor Rev. Willie Harper invites everyone.
• Mentoring meeting Holly Springs High School invites everyone to a mentoring community meeting, Mon., Feb. 4, 5:60-6:30 at the high school library. For more info. call Marcus Autry, 662-252-4371, ext. 4003.
• Spay-neuter clinic The Marshall County Humane Society will hold its low cost spay-neuter clinic in Byhalia. Please call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• Relay for life meeting Thurs., February 7 at 5:15 p.m. at the Marshall County Library for the team captains and for those who want to start a team. The planning committee will meet after at 6:15. We still need more people to get involved. For more info contact Linda Whitlock Wilson at 662-252-4706 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Night of Worship” with Dennis Jernigan, internationally known artist, and author, at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, Sat., Feb. 9, at 6 p.m. Free to the public, doors open at 5:30 p.m. Pastor Douglas Bell invites everyone. The church is at 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch.
• Fish fry Sat., Feb. 9, 5-7 p.m., to benefit St. Jude Children’s Hospital, Emory Independent Methodist Church. Live music, auctions and much more.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309, will have fellowship at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 with the Bluff City Quartet. Everyone is invited.
• Holy Cake Scripture program, Sat., Feb. 9, 6 p.m. at Free Branch MB Church. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Special guest Dennis Jernigan, internationally known artist, speaker and author, will be the special guest worship leader and speaker at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship on Sun., Feb. 10, at the 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services. Pastor Doug Bell invites everyone to attend. CrossPointe is located at 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch. Childcare provided and a love offering will be received.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM Greenfield Presbyterian Church will celebrate black history at 2:30 p.m. Hebron Chapel CME Church family will be our special guests, and their pastor, Rev. Marco Finley, will be our speaker. We cordially invite each of you to come and worship with us.
• A service of ashes, Byhalia United Methodist Church, Wed., Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. Everyone is invited to this service observing the beginning of Lent.
• Brookside Spring Soccer - Registration is ongoing through February 16, with the first game March 9. Ages 5-15. Cost is $60 which includes jersey, shorts, socks, and trophy. For more information call 662-890-4069 or visit www.brooksideob.com.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• SPAY neuter clinic The Marshall County Humane Society will hold its low cost spay-neuter clinic in Byhalia. Please call 662-564-2900 for the necessary appointment.
• Black History Banquet, New Life Community Church Byhalia, Theme “Finding your Roots.” Hearn Grove Church in Byhalia, Feb. 24, 7 p.m. Dinner will be served. Contact Sis. Bernice Martin 901-605-1702, Bro.Lorenzo Alexander, 901-347-9438.
• Black history program, 1 p.m., Sun., Feb. 24, Free Branch MB Church. Pastor Rayburn and Liberty Hill will be guests. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites everyone.
• Time change Free Branch morning worship has changed to first Sundays at 11 a.m. and second through fifth Sundays at 9 a.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe Tunstall. Sunday school and Bible school on Wed. nights, 6 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page