Thursday, March 1, 2012
Police make arrests for grand larceny, assault
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department made three felony arrests and answered 101 calls for the week, according to chief James Dean.
The calls included – disturbances, 14; alarms, 15; larcenies, 3; accidents, 1; agency assists, 2; domestic, 5; assaults, 2; robbery 1; auto theft, 1; 911 hang-up or open line, 2; burglaries, 2; malicious mischief, 4; auto burglary, 1; joyriding, 1; shots fired, 1; and 46 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to 11 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Feb. 20
• grand larceny in 900 block of Mackie Drive. One arrest was made.
• grand larceny in the area of Shelby Drive.
Tuesday, Feb. 21
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley Street. One arrest was made.
• aggravated assault on a police officer in the 100 block of Jones Beene Drive. One arrest was made.
• auto burglary in the 300 block of Ventura Cove.
• assault by threat in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Wednesday, Feb. 22
• officers assisted the attorney general in investigating a case of possession of child pornography at a residence in the 700 block of Rising Star Road.
• lost wallet in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 700 block of Strickland Drive.
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Thursday, Feb. 23
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Valley Street.
Friday, Feb. 24
• domestic dispute in the 400 block of Hudsonville Road.
• shoplifting in the 100 block of West College Avenue.
Saturday, Feb. 25
• armed robbery in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Sunday, Feb. 26
• simple assault in the 600 block of Highway 7 South. An arrest was made.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Rencher Drive.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of Highland Terrace.
Officers made three felony arrests.
Sherman Stewart, 33, of the 100 block of Horace Road, was arrested and charged with grand larceny from Walmart and charged with resisting arrest, Dean said.
Officers arrested Rico Wells, 21, of the 800 block of Old Oxford Road, Waterford, and he was charged with felony failure to stop a motor vehicle when officer signaled, possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle, running a red light, driving without a license, and with no proof of liability insurance, the chief said.
Kenneth Pegues, 52, of the 80 block of Carpenter Road, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, Dean said.
Officers reported the following citations – no proof of insurance, 2; disregard for traffic device, 2; speeding, 9; no/expired tag, 1; careless driving, 1; possession of a controlled substance, 1; and other violations, 1.
The following misdemeanor arrests were reported - contempt of court, 3; no/expired driver’s license, 1; possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle/driving while license suspended/disregard for traffic device, 1; possession of marijuana in motor vehicle/possession of paraphernalia/speeding/no/expired tag/driving while license suspended implied consent, 1; no/expired driver's license, contempt, 1; domestic violence/simple assault/possession of paraphernalia, 1; domestic violence/simple assault/driving while license suspended, 1; simple assault, 1; disorderly conduct, 1;
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page