Thursday, March 1, 2012
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL Davis Temple Outreach, 635 West St., will be in revival Feb. 29-March 2, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Elder Jeremiah Simmons from Coleman’s Temple, Ripley. Free hot dogs and soda after each service. Call Robert Davis, 662-512-8514.
• PTA MEETING for The Holly Springs High School will be held at the library, 5:30 p.m. All parents, staff, students and concerned individuals are encouraged to attend.
• READING DAY Holly Springs Intermediate School will celebrate Read Across America Day from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. We are asking a representative from your business to support our efforts to promote the love of reading to our students. Please come read a book to a class. You can contact Beverly Phillips at 252-7733.
• Wild game supper Red Banks Banks Church 3rd Annual Men’s Wild Game Supper starting at 6 p.m. We welcome you to bring your favorite game dish or come as you are. Door prizes will be given also. For more information call 662-544-7051. You can also email email@example.com or check details on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/redbanksbc. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor.
• Meeting W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 will meet at Pizza Hut on Hwy. 7, Holly Springs, 4 p.m. Important, please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Obedience classes Canine obedience classes begin at the Holly Springs Fire Dept., 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit K-9 search and rescue teams. Six-week course, $40. Call 662-252-1004 for more info. Owner must provide written proof of dog shots at time of registration. Judy Otto, K-9 Search One, instructor, with experienced assistants.
•MEN’S DAY PROGRAM will be held at Wall Hill Church of Christ, 9 a.m.
• BREAKFAST The Holly Springs Intermediate School will sponsor a Pancake Breakfast/Parent Seminar starting at 9 a.m. Tickets are $7 for the breakfast. The breakfast is sponsored by the Best Men/Best Friends Group. You can contact Vikki Marion at 252-2329.
• SINGING Unity Quartet from Scottsboro, Ala., will be guest singers at Chewalla Baptist Church, 2020 Higdon Road, Holly Springs. Fellowship meal will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Providence MB Church, 295 Withers Ave., will have their Homecoming Celebration service at 2 p.m. The theme is “The Prodigal Son.” The guest speaker will be Marvin Brooks of Mighty God Ministries.
• SERVICES Isaac Chapel CME Church will have service every Sunday morning with Sunday School beginning at 8 a.m. and morning worship at 9 a.m. Rev. Willie Ward is pastor.
• CONCERT The Rust College Baptist Student Union Choir will perform at Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, located at 3193 Marianna Road, 11 a.m.
• REVIVAL The 2012 Communitywide Revival will be held March 5-9, 7 p.m. nightly at Union Valley Missionary Baptist Church, 1264 Union Valley Rd. Rev. Joe Richmond is host pastor. Different speaker nightly.
• Friendship Fitness Class now open 3:30-5 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday sponsored by the Women of Faith Ministries at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. For more info. call Brenda Scherff at 662-838-4000.
• Women’s Conference presented by Salt and Light Ministries, March 8-9, 7 p.m., March 10, 10 a.m. and Sun., March 11, worship service, 11 a.m. Guest speaker, Evangelist Karen Johnson, Pentecostal Temple, Memphis, Tenn. For more info. call 662-397-6443, 662-544-4015.
• Musical program, Free Branch MB Church, 2233 Higdon Rd., 6 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe L. Tunstall. Several groups on the program. Sponsored by Bro. M.T. Lesure. Everyone is invited.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Sunday School Night, 6 p.m. Bro. Charles Ambrose is sponsor.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Chulahoma Lodge No. 241, Hwy. 4 West, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Tickets are $7.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at Mighty God Ministries, 10 a.m. with Minister Darrell Mays. Pastor is Marvin Brooks.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 6 p.m. The pastor is J.L. Tunstall and is sponsored by The Silver Stars.
• Men’s Day Program, at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, at 3 p.m. Rev. John Powell and Jones Grove Church will be our guests. Everyone is invited.
• FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY will be held at Isaac Chapel CME Church, Hwy. 309 S., 2 p.m. Pastor Dedrick Lesure and Cooper Chapel Church family will be the guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Ward is host pastor.
• The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Musicians Appreciation at 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• INAUGURAL MEETING of the Snow Lake Book Club will be held in the sunlit Landscape Society Room behind the Snow Lake Shores Corporation Office in the Town Hall Building on the beach, 2-3 p.m.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, will be held at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13-15.
• SPRING SOCCER signup for children ages 5-15 years will be held at BridgeWay Baptist Church, 107 Taska Road, Mt. Pleasant. The cost is $35 per child. Volunteers needed.
• REUNION St. Mary’s/CADET/Holy Family Reunion Committee meeting will be held at 12 p.m. at the home of Pearly Turner Jones on Stratmon Drive off Woodward Avenue in Holly Springs. Alumni (eighth grade and 12th grade graduates) are asked to please attend this meeting. Pearly Jones, chairperson and Purvene Love Anderson, co-chairperson.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, 2 p.m. All choirs are welcome. Sponsors are Cherie Brownlee, Sharvitta King and Monika LeSure. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• Anniversary Service will be held at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited. Potluck lunch following service.
• ANNUAL USHER DAY will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 2 p.m. Pastor Willie Ward and Isaac Chapel Church family will be guests. Pastor J.L. Tunstall invites all.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• MEETING Let’s go back to the old time way at Mt. Pisgah. Old Camp Meeting, March 21-23. Service nightly at 7 p.m.. Evangelist will be Pastor Johnnie Porter of Rose Hill C.M.E. Church in Columbia. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Rd. Elder Eddie Wilson is the pastor.
• GROWERS’ MEETING - The Holly Springs Farmers Market will have their first growers meeting at the Beckley Center, 7 p.m. The center is located on Rust Avenue across from Rust College.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have a one-night revival, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Melvin Bufford and Mt. Salem MB Church, Hickory Valley, Tenn. Sponsor is Betty Raimey.
• Men’s Wild Game Dinner provided by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, 7 p.m. Tickets on sale now for $10 per adults, $5 per child. For more info. call 662-838-4000.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will host Men & Women’s Day, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. James Green and Finley Grove. Sponsor is Jame Ambrose and Rosanna Smith.
• Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Men’s Day program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Chapel C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN ACADEMY Chapel, 8:30 a.m. Parents are welcome.
• SINGING Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N., Byhalia, will have a gospel singing with Karen Peck and New River from Dahlonega, Ga., 7 p.m. Wade Crum is host pastor.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Elvis Scott will be held at Calvin Chapel Church, 6 p.m. Groups, choirs and male choruses are invited. Sponsor is Calvin Spight and Betty Raimey.
• LOVE DAY Pastor Willie James and first lady Cassie Taylor’s Love Day will be held at Mt. Olive M.B. Church, Byhalia, 3 p.m. The guest church will be Pastor Charles Gillespie and the New Mt. Gilliam church family. Everyone’s invited.
• MEMBERS MEETING Marshall County Water Association will hold their Annual Members Meeting on April, 6:30 p.m. at 512 Wingo Road off Cayce Road.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have their Pastor and Wife’s Banquet, 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Blake and Mt. Zion-Taska Church. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr. Sponsor is the Pastor-Aid Committee.
• CONCERT Temple of Deliverance Church, 1273 McAlexander Road, will have a concert with Mom & Son, Gloria Williams and Arnold Williams, Calvin Woods and the Anointed 7 from Atlanta, Ga., 7 p.m. Tickets are $7 in advance; $10 at the door, children 12 and under free.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email email@example.com or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page