Thursday, February 23, 2012
City police make arrests for larceny, assault
Holly Springs police officers answered 85 calls last week, according to chief James Dean. They made three felony arrests.
Calls including the following – disturbances, 15; alarms, 14; larcenies, 2; accidents, 2; assists to agencies, 2; domestic, 3; assaults, 2; robbery, 1; missing juvenile, 2; 911 hang-ups, 1; burglaries, 3; and 38 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher took 13 calls.
Officers filed the following reports:
• petit larceny in the 200 block of Slayden Street.
Tuesday, Feb. 14
• residential burglary in the 1000 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• failure to yield to motor vehicle on North Memphis Street. Charges were filed.
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue. One arrest was made.
Wednesday, Feb. 15
• attempt to commit a crime in the 500 block of Van Dorn Avenue.
• aggravated assault in the 200 block of West Clara Avenue. An arrest was made.
• grand larceny and fleeing arrest in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. One arrest was made and one person fled the scene.
Thursday, Feb. 16
• simple assault in the Oakwood Cove area.
Friday, Feb. 17
• auto burglary in the Oak Palace/Stewart Street area.
• threat in the 600 block of West Lake Drive.
• counterfeit bill in the Mary Vance Loop area.
• leaving the scene of an accident in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Saturday, Feb. 18
• run-away juvenile in the 200 block of North Walthall Street. Juvenile was later located and returned to family.
• auto burglary in the 300 block of West Valley Avenue.
• residential burglary in the 300 block of West Valley Avenue.
Sunday, Feb. 19
• disturbance in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Officers made three felony arrests.
Chandra Harris, 37, of the 200 block of West Valley Avenue, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, Dean said.
Jerome Totten, 41, of the 7200 block of Highway 309 South, was arrested and charged with grand larceny, he said.
Vertis Wiseman, 46, of the 200 block of West Clara Avenue, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Dean said.
Officers reported the following misdemeanor citations – no proof of liability insurance, 7; disregard for traffic device, 8; speeding, 21; no/expired tag, 4; open container, 1; careless driving, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 4; possession of a controlled substance, 5; driving while license suspended, 1; and other violations,1.
Officers made the following arrests – contempt of court, 6; driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/DUI, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1; contempt of court/open container, 1; no/expired driver’s license/no/expired tag/no proof of liability insurance, 1; driving while license suspended/DUI, 1; driving while license suspended/DUI/disregard for traffic device, 1; driving while license suspended/speeding, 1; and driving while license suspended, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page