Thursday, February 23, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Bible study Dr. Torey Blackman of Grace Baptist Church is conducting an in-depth Bible study (currently Book of Revelation) every Wed. at 7 p.m. If you are interested in a thorough “KJV” interpretation of prophetic events, you are truly welcome to come by at 5285 Cayce Road.
• REVIVAL New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, will be in revival Feb. 22-24, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Adam Davis of West Memphis, Ark. Pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• COUPON SWAP will be held at Carey Chapel Baptist, 6-7:30 p.m. Simply bring coupons you don’t want. For more info. contact Renee Floyd, 901-834-5658.
• Relay For life team captains’ meeting will be held at the county library, 5:15 p.m. This is a very important meeting. All captains please be present. If you are not able to attend, please send one of your team members. If your team is not registered, we can register them at the meeting. The committee will meet directly after at 6:15 p.m. Our staff person, Amy Wilkes, will be present.
• Retirement celebration for Rev. Don Wilson, pastor of Byhalia First Presbyterian and Lamar Presbyterian churches. To be held at The Flame, back building of Byhalia United Methodist Church, 6-9 p.m. For more info. you may call Amy Burrow, 901-674-3593, or Kay Kight, 662-838-2388. In lieu of gifts, please consider a donation to the Wilson’s Love Offering, M&F Bank, Byhalia branch or contact Amy Burrow or Kay Kight. Everyone is invited.
• Annual African-American History Fest sponsored by the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. For more information call 662-252-3232. Lunch will be available to schools – hot dogs, chips and fruit. Reservations are necessary for lunch. There is no charge.
• WILD GAME Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will host its 7th Annual Wild Game Supper at 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Bro. Randy Bain, pastor of First Baptist Church, Water Valley. There will be door prizes, food, fellowship, and a great message. Come and support this event and receive a blessing. Host pastor is Bro. John Parker.
• Movie Night at Mt. Pisgah CME Church featuring “Joseph” will be at 6 p.m., $3 a ticket in advance, $5 at the door. For ticket information contact Elder Eddie Wilson or Linda Whitlock Wilson at 252-4706 or 601-731-8386 or 601-731-4934. Mt. Pisgah is located at 3877 Cayce Road.
• Singing Rice Chapel United Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, with Marvin Morrow. Singing at 7 p.m., fellowship at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Waldon Meyers, pastor.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly of Holly Springs will have their regular Saturday night singing at 7 p.m. Featured guests will be The Barnetts of Stanton, Tenn. Everyone is welcome.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. Sponsors are Sharon LeSure and Yulanda Sellers. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• End of month program, Hudsonville CME Church, to close out the month.
• Family and friends day True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Feb. 26, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited. Darrell Cunningham, pastor.
• Youth day program Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Thomas Trent and Rehoboth Urban Outreach Ministries of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Black history program St. Paul CME Church, 4759 Higdon Rd., invites everyone to celebrate with them. Rev. Ben Norman and Kimbrough Chapel MB Church will be guests.
• BLACK HISTORY Program will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Michael Gordon and New Springhill M.B. Church in Strayhorn.
• CHOIR ANNIVERSARY will be held at Bell Grove, Chulahoma, 3 p.m. Rev. Marvin Lucas, senior pastor, invites all.
• Black History program, at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, 3 p.m. Virginia B. Wilson will be our speaker, Rev. W. James Lyons, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Meeting at Bethlehem Methodist Church, concerning the upkeep of the cemetery, 3 p.m. Anyone with loved ones buried there or who is interested, please attend.
• Black history program Smith Grove MB Church, 11 a.m. W.C. Conner, host pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have their Black History Program, 9 a.m. Speaker will be Keith DeBerry.
• REV. Q.H. WHITLOCK will bring the morning message at the Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, 11 a.m. Refreshments will be served. Pastor Robert Odum invites everyone.
• Wild game supper Red Banks Baptist Church 3rd Annual Men’s Wild Game Supper starts at 6 p.m. We welcome you to bring your favorite game dish or come as you are. Door prizes will be given also. For more information call 662-544-7051. You can also email email@example.com or check details on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/redbanksbc. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor.
• Meeting W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 will meet at Pizza Hut on Hwy. 7, Holly Springs, 4 p.m. Important, please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Obedience classes Canine obedience classes begin at the Holly Springs Fire Dept., 9 a.m. Proceeds benefit K-9 search and rescue teams. Six-week course, $40. Call 662-252-1004 for more info. Owner must provide written proof of dog shots at time of registration. Judy Otto, K-9 Search One, instructor, with experienced assistants.
• HOMECOMING Providence MB Church, 295 Withers Ave., will have their Homecoming Celebration service at 2 p.m. The theme is “The Prodigal Son.” The guest speaker will be Marvin Brooks of Mighty God Ministries.
• Friendship Fitness Class now open 3:30-5 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday sponsored by the Women of Faith Ministries at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. For more info. call Brenda Scherff at 662-838-4000.
• Women’s Conference presented by Salt and Light Ministries, March 8-9, 7 p.m. nightly, March 10, 10 a.m. and Sun., March 11, worship service, 11 a.m. Guest speaker, Evangelist Karen Johnson, Pentecostal Temple, Memphis, Tenn. For more info. call 662-397-6443, 662-544-4015.
• Musical program, Free Branch MB Church, 2233 Higdon Rd., 6 p.m. Pastor, Rev. Joe L. Tunstall. Several groups on the program. Sponsored by Bro. M.T. Lesure. Everyone is invited.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Sunday School Night, 6 p.m. Bro. Charles Ambrose is sponsor.
• Men’s Day Program, at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, at 3 p.m. Rev. John Powell and Jones Grove Church will be our guests. Everyone is invited.
• The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Musicians Appreciation at 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• INAUGURAL MEETING of the Snow Lake Book Club will be held in the sunlit Landscape Society Room behind the Snow Lake Shores Corporation Office in the Town Hall Building on the beach, 2-3 p.m.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, will be held at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13-15.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, 2 p.m. All choirs are welcome. Sponsors are Cherie Brownlee, Sharvitta King and Monika LeSure. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• Anniversary Service will be held at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited. Potluck lunch following service.
• GROWER’S MEETING - The Holly Springs Farmers Market will have their first growers meeting at the Beckley Center, 7 p.m. The center is located on Rust Avenue across from Rust College.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have a one night revival 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Melvin Bufford and Mt. Salem MB Church, Hickory Valley, Tenn. Sponsor is Betty Raimey.
• Men’s Wild Game Dinner provided by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, 7 p.m. Tickets on sale now for $10 per adults, $5 per child. For more info. call 662-838-4000.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will host Men & Women’s Day, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. James Green and Finley Grove. Sponsor is Jame Ambrose and Rosanna Smith.
• Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Men’s Day program at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Eugene Anderson and the Brooks Chapel C.O.G.I.C. of Oakland, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• FRIENDSHIP CHRISTIAN ACADEMY Chapel, 8:30 a.m. Parents are welcome.
• LOVE DAY Pastor Willie James and first lady Cassie Taylor’s Love Day will be held at Mt. Olive M.B. Church, Byhalia, 3 p.m. The guest church will be Pastor Charles Gillespie and the New Mt. Gilliam church family. Everyone’s invited.
• Kimbrough Chapel Church will have their Pastor and Wife’s Banquet, 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Blake and Mt. Zion-Taska Church. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr. Sponsor is the Pastor-Aid Committee.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the late Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email email@example.com or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page