Thursday, Februar 9, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Book Club Snow Lake area residents are forming a book club. Monthly discussions will be held in the meeting room of the Landscape Society, 2 p.m. For this meeting, please bring the titles of a few books you would like to read in the coming year.
• Alumni meeting Byhalia FFA alumni will hold a meeting at 6:30 p.m., Byhalia High School ag classroom. All former FFA members and parents of FFA students are encouraged to attend.
• YOUTH VALENTINE’S GALA will be held 6-10 p.m. at the ZETA-Sigma Complex Building, for kindergarten through eighth grade. Contests, prizes and refreshments. Parents are welcome free of charge. Contact Kim, 662-544-0713; Pat, 901-292-0698; or Candice, 662-357-5305.
• TEEN NIGHT for the young adults, teens and youth will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks at 6 p.m. There will be three great speakers. Refreshments will be served. For more info. call Yolanda Jones, 901-848-6070; Syldra Jones, 662-278-8703 or the church office, 662-551-1500.
• Fish fry St. Jude Benefit Fish Fry will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church from 5-8 p.m.The plates are $10 for adults, $5 for children and children 6 and under are free. The meal includes Pride of the Pond catfish, slaw, French fries, hush puppies, drink and homemade dessert. The Taylor Made band will perform during the meal. Come bring your friends and help raise money for the kids at St. Jude. Emory Independent Methodist Church is located on Holly Springs Rd., south of Byhalia near Watson.
• Benefit Program for Deacon George Cannon at Reid’s Gift M.B. Church in Potts Camp, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcomed.
• “Valentines Banquet” will be hosted by Friendship Assembly of God Children’s Super Church. Bring your spouse for a lovely evening of dining, entertainment, Christian music, with child care available, and door prizes, 6:30 p.m. If you would like to attend RSVP through the main church office at 662-838-4000 by February 6. For more information call the church office.
• Scripture Cake program, Free Branch MB Church, 6 p.m. Several pastors and ministers will be speaking. Pastor J.L. Tunstall.
• BASKETBALL St. Mary’s/CADET/Holy Family Alumni basketball games will be held at Holy Family gym, 12 noon. Two games with Alumni vs. Holy Family Parents (male & female teams). All proceeds will be donated to the school by the Alumni Reunion Committee. Contact Clara Isom, principal, at 662-252-1612 if you are interested in playing or need additional info. The public is invited.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church will host their second Saturday singing with The Master’s Quartet as featured guests. Food and fellowship will begin at 5 p.m. and singing at 6:15 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Still Standing will be the featured group in March.
• YARD SALE Red Banks Baptist Church will have churchwide yard sale beginning at 7 a.m. in the gym. All proceeds go to the church youth group.
• YARD SALE will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministrires, Red Banks, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Lots of clothes, shoes, books, household items, furniture. Rain or shine.
• A Come As You Are program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Etoy Bogard will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• MUSICIAN PROGRAM Isaac Chapel CME will have their musician appreciation program for Eddie and Deborah Woods, 2 p.m. Many groups and choirs are invited. Rev. Willie Ward is host pastor.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Sunrise Chapter #166 Order of Eastern Star at the Waterford Lodge Hall, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Black history program Group One is in charge. Don’t miss this. Hudsonville CME Church.
• Singing, Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd., featuring The Master’s Quartet, 11 a.m. Fellowship lunch at noon, singing again at 1 p.m. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor, and congregation, invite all.
• Black history program Free Branch MB Church, 1 p.m. Pastor Rayborn and Liberty Hill will be guests. Host pastor J.L. Tunstall. The community is invited.
• Revival at Hopewell COGIC, beginning Feb. 13 and continuing through the week. Everyone is invited. There will be a guest evangelist. Pastor, Willie Johnson.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13 to 25, for a night of basketball, games, refreshments or just hang out and have fun.
• BOARD MEETING The Holly Springs High School board meeting will be held February 16 in the library, 6 p.m.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Faithful Gospel Singers of New Albany will have a pre-anniversary program at Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. There will be several groups and singers from around. M.C. will be Dave Glass. For more info. call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• Mexican-style Fellowship supper will be held in the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. The community is invited.
• Free throw All boys and girls ages 10 to 14 are invited to participate in the local level of competition for the 2012 Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship, 11 a.m. at Holy Family School Gymnasium on West Street in Holly Springs. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. Information and entry forms have been sent to all area schools. If additional info is needed, please contact Claude Vinson at 662-252-2567 or Victor Beard at 662-252-2018.
• First ladies love banquet sponsored by Strawberry MB Church, in the Rust College cafeteria. To nominate the first ladies of area churches, please call 662-551-0992.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Wall Hill Church of Christ, 5 p.m.
• Pioneers Program Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd, Victoria, will have a Pioneers Program, Saturday, February 18, at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Roger Daniel, pastor.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST celebrating Bruce Williams’ birthday, pastor of Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries will be held at 9 a.m. For more info. call the church office at 662-551-1500; Mychal Jeffries, 662-252-9643; or Yolanda Jones, 901-848-6070.
• A MENTOR BRUNCH will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 10 a.m. Speaker will be Rev. Chris Hill. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor. All young men are encouraged to attend.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be MacArthur King and Jeffries Chapel MB Church. Pastor is Dr. Bessie Tables. Sponsors are Anna L. Mitchell, 252-2028; or Ivory KaShun Kinard, 662-587-5035.
• PROGRAM Hopewell No. 2 MB Church Women in White Program will be held at 11 a.m. Everyone is invited. Susie Glover is sponsor and Danny Kimbrough is host pastor.
• February service, Hudsonville CME Church, will begin at 10 a.m. From blues to gospel. Come and see.
• Black history program, 2 p.m. Adolphus Chapel Church. Speaker will be Dale Keiffer DeBerry. Old fashioned supper served. Everyone is invited. Special invitation to the Holly High Class of 1980. Pastor, Billy Williams.
• WILD GAME Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will host its seventh annual Wild Game Supper at 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Bro. Randy Bain, pastor of First Baptist Church, Water Valley. There will be door prizes, food, fellowship, and a great message. Come and support this event and receive a blessing. Host pastor is Bro. John Parker.
• GIRLS’ HOUR GIRL POWER will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 11 a.m. All girls ages 13 and up are encouraged to attend. Rev. Hoey is pastor.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB CHurch, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. Sponsors are Sharon LeSure and Yulanda Sellers. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• End of month program, Hudsonville CME Church, to close out the month.
• Family and friends day True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., Feb. 26, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited. Darrell Cunningham, pastor.
• Youth day program Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Thomas Trent and Rehoboth Urban Outreach Ministries of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Black history program St. Paul CME Church, 4759 Higdon Rd., invites everyone to celebrate with them. Rev. Ben Norman and Kimbrough Chapel MB Church will be guests.
• BLACK HISTORY Program will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Red Banks, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Michael Gordon and New Springhill M.B. Church in Strayhorn.
• Wild game supper Red Banks Banks Church third annual Men’s Wild Game Supper! Saturday, March 3 starting at 6 p.m. We welcome you to bring your favorite game dish or come as you are. Door prizes will be given also. For more information call 662-544-7051. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or check details on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/redbanksbc. Bro. Jonathan Childress, pastor.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, 2 p.m. All choirs are welcome. Sponsors are Cherie Brownlee, Sharvitta King and Monika LeSure. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the lat Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email email@example.com or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page