Thursday, February 2, 2012
Two charged with grand larceny
Officers responded to 77 calls last week, according to Holly Springs Police Chief James Dean. Four felony arrests were made.
Calls answered included - disturbances, 8; alarms, 11; larcenies, 3; accidents, 3; assists to agencies, 2; funerals, 3; domestics, 3; 911 hang-ups, 3; burglaries, 2; checks on shut-ins, 4; and 35 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to 5 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Jan. 23
• malicious mischief in the 400 block of West College.
Tuesday, Jan. 24
• lost wallet in the Spring Garden Apartments area.
• credit card fraud in the 300 block of Ridgecrest Drive.
Wednesday, Jan. 25
• malicious mischief in the 400 block of Coopwood Drive.
Thursday, Jan. 26
• I.D. theft in the 200 block of South Chesterman Street.
Friday, Jan. 27
• shoplifting in the 100 block of North Memphis Street.
Saturday, Jan. 28
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of Moss Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault/malicious mischief in the 300 block of Cuba Street. Two arrests were made.
• harassment in the 300 block of Cuba Street.
• e-mail threat in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Sunday, Jan. 29
• vehicle fire in the 700 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of Cuba Street.
• residential burglary in the 400 block of East College Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of East Martin Street.
Officers made four arrests on felony charges.
Courtney Ambrose, 26, of the 700 block of West Street, was arrested and charged with grand larceny, with driving while license suspended, with running a stop sign, and with a seatbelt violation, Dean said.
Ronnie Boyd, 23, of the 700 block of Hudsonville Road, was arrested and charged with grand larceny, the chief said.
Sabrekia McKinney, 30, of the 200 block of West Elder Street, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, he said.
Rodney Bell, 34, of the 4200 block of Hernando Road, was arrested on charges in DeSoto County of aggravated assault/habitual offender, the chief said.
Holly Spring police officers reported the following citations:
• no proof of liability insurance, 16
• disregard for traffic device, 11
• careless driving, 1
• speeding, 39
• failure to yield right-of-way, 1
• open container, 1
• no/expired tag, 7
• child restraint violation, 1
• no/expired driver’s license
• driving while license suspended, 1
• allowing an unlicensed driver to drive, 1
• and other violations, 3.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests:
• driving while license suspended/no proof of liability insurance/seatbelt violation/contempt, 1
• domestic violence/simple assault, 1
• contempt of court, 5
• disorderly conduct, 2
• no driver's license/no insurance/contempt/disregard for traffic device, 1
• false pretense, 1
• driving while license suspended/speeding, 1
• driving while license suspended/no or expired tag/no proof of liability insurance, 1
• reckless driving, 1
• no/expired driver’s license/contempt/other violations, 1
• and domestic violence/simple assault/malicious mischief, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page