Thursday, December 6, 2012
Calendar of Events
•Relay For Life, Marshall County team captain meeting, Thurs., Dec. 6, 5:15 p.m. at the Marshall County Library. It is time to register your team. No enrollment fee if you register at or before the meeting. If you can't come, please send someone from your team. Committee will meet after this meeting, 6:15. We still need more people to join the planning committee.
• Dues deadline The Marshall County Fair Association wants to remind everyone who is a member, or anyone who wants to become a member, must pay their dues by December 7. For more information call the MCFA office, 662-252-5441.
• A Way In A Manger, Christmas play at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Sat., Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. and on Sun., Dec. 9 at 10 a.m. Pastor Doug Bell invites everyone!
• Breakfast with Santa - Hosted by the MYF - Sat., Dec. 8, 8 - 10 a.m., $5 per person, children under 3 free. Emory Independent Methodist Church Life Center, 872 Watson Road, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, will have a singing featuring New Destiny. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Musicians appreciation The Twilight Singers invite all male choruses, groups and choirs to an appreciation program, Dec. 8, 6 p.m. at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church. Sponsored by Eva Malone. Host pastor, Rev. Tony Wilkins and Yarbrough Church.
• Sunday school night Kimbrough Chapel Church, Dec. 8, 6 p.m. Host pastor J.W. Smith Jr.
• Love Day Annual Love Day at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, for Pastor Bruce Lee and Doris Williams, 4201 Hwy. 178 W., Red Banks. Dec. 9, 3 p.m. with guest speaker Pastor Michael Gordon and New Springhill Church family.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have an Appreciation Service for Minister Raymond and Jorena Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Supvain Pritchard and the Garden of Grace C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• PACK THE PEWS will be held at Strawberry Baptist Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Jeffries is pastor. Mt. Peel Baptist Church family is featured guests. Rev. Rondais Cox is speaker and Hattie Washington is MC.
• CONFERENCE Byhalia United Methodist Church will have a special conference “Understanding Israel: Then and Now,” Dec. 9 and 10. Rev. Dr. Sam Morris will be the guest speaker. This event is free, no childcare available. For more information call 662-838-3327.
• 100 Women in Red, 100 Men in Black True Vine MB Church, 525 West Street, Holly Springs, Sun., Dec. 9, 2 p.m. Special guests, Pastor Robert Garrison and McIntyre MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• CHRISTMAS MUSICAL Presented by the Holly Springs High School Choral Department, Sun., Dec. 9, 6 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Small admission charge. The entire community is invited.
• In concert Byhalia High School presents The Joyous Sounds of Christmas with the Byhalia Middle and High School bands and choirs in concert. Special guest will be the Galena Middle School Concert Band. Mon., 6 p.m., Dec. 10 at Byhalia High School.
• Christmas cantata rehearsal Asbury United Methodist Church, Monday, Dec. 10, 6:30 p.m.
• PTA Holly Springs Intermediate School PTA meeting and parent training session at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Refreshments will be served. All parents with children at the Intermediate School are encouraged to attend
• Pathway to Jesus, BridgeWay Baptist Church, in conjunction with Barton First Baptist, will be presenting a live nativity beginning Fri., Dec. 14–16, three performances nightly at 6, 7, 8 p.m. Free to the public, but tickets are necessary; Call 901-619-6125 for tickets. Donations of non-perishable food items for the local food bank are encouraged.
• Christmas gala The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will host a Christmas gala, 6 p.m. There will be live music, dancing, chorus singers, door prizes, and delicious food. All tickets are $10. Please contact Sis. Curtise Trent for tickets and more information at 901-601-9753. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• Hunter Safety Class, 8 a.m until at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, 1569 Hwy. 7 N., Holly Springs. Bring your Social Security number and you must be 10 years of age to be certified. For more information and to register call 662-840-5172.
• Christmas cantata The Holly Springs Community Choir will present its annual Christmas Cantata, 6 p.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 225 W. College Ave. All are invited. Free admission and light refreshments will be served in the church hall after the performance.
• CONCERT First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, Adult Choir will present “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” at 10:30 a.m.
• CONCERT First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, Children’s Department, will present “The Christmas Cupcake” at 10:30 a.m.
• Christmas program Kimbrough Chapel Church, Dec. 23, 9 a.m. Host pastor J.W. Smith Jr.
• watch meeting Kimbrough Chapel Church, Dec. 31, 10 p.m. Host pastor J.W. Smith Jr.
• Fine forgiving Start the New Year off with a clean slate. The Marshall County Library system is having a “Forgiving Week.” Bring back your overdue library materials the week of January 7-11 with no late fees.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page