Thursday, November 22, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Thanksgiving service Kimbrough Chapel Church, Nov. 21, 7 p.m. with guest speaker Pastor Mark Bryson and Liberty Baptist Church family. Host pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Singing program Thanksgiving night, Nov. 22, Sand Hill MB Church, Lamar, 6 p.m. Several groups are on the program. Door prizes will be given away. Rev. Etoy Bogard, pastor.
•Benefit Come celebrate the victory over colon cancer and diabetes with Patrick (PE) Eddie, Fri., Nov. 23, at the Multi-Purpose Building. Celebrity basketball game, 3 p.m., live gospel with the Lucas Family at 6 or immediately after the game. Admission at door, concessions and T-shirts available.
• Guest Evangel Full Gospel Assembly in Holly Springs will have Mike DeVore as their featured guest at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Soup kitchen for the homeless, Sat., Nov. 24, 3-5 p.m. at the Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis, St., Holly Springs. Call Felicia Jeffries, 662-544-5805.
• Love Day for servant Marvin Lucas Sr., Bell Grove M.B. Church, 853 Tyro Road, Holly Springs, on Nov. 25, 2:30 p.m. with guest speaker Pastor Willie Hoey of Pleasant Hill and Roberts Chapel.
• Shoe Rally True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., 11 a.m., Nov. 25. Special guests will be Pastor James Green and Finley Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• Missionary Program will be held at Hebron Chapel CME Church at 2:30 p.m. Special speaker will be Velcia Howard. Rev. Marco Finley is host pastor. The church is located at 2827 Hernando Road.
• Developing a business plan Sponsored by Catholic Social Services, St. Joseph Church, Holly Springs, this seminar will assist in preparing a business plan. Speaker will be James Carden. To register, call 800-725-7232 (MS area codes only).
• Christmas cantata rehearsal Asbury United Methodist Church, Monday, Nov. 26, 6:30 p.m.
• Talent Show Holly Springs Intermediate School in the gym at 6 p.m. Admission is $2.
• Parent Training Holly Springs Districtwide Parent Center will sponsor its third Parent Training Session at 12 (noon) in the Parent Center on the Intermediate School campus for parents with students in grades 4-12, on “If My Child is Failing, What Must I Do?” Vicki Washington, social worker for the Intermediate School will be the presenter and lunch will be served.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located a half mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd., will hold their monthly singing on Saturday, December 1, beginning at 7 p.m. Featured guests this month will be The Downs Family, from Booneville. Bro. Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• State drive Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, Pastor Bruce Lee and Doris Williams, 4201 Hwy. 178 W., Red Banks. Dec. 1, 6 p.m.
• Members meeting Holly Springs Lodge #35. Members, please attend the Dec. 3 meeting, 7 p.m. Election of officers.
• Conference Boys to Men Conference, Sat., Dec. 1, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. “From hurting malehood to healthy manhood,” with free admission. Sponsored by the Holly Springs Marshall County Baptist Ministerial Alliance.
• Anniversary The Dynamic Angels will celebrate their anniversary at 7 p.m. on Dec. 1 at Jones Grove MB Church. All gospel groups, male choruses, church choirs and soloists are asked for an A and B selection. All pastors and church families are invited.
• Anniversary The Dynamic Angels will celebrate their anniversary at 6 p.m. on Dec. 2 at Rising Star MB Church. All gospel groups, male choruses, church choirs and soloists are asked for an A and B selection. All pastors and church families are invited.
• A Way In A Manger, Christmas play at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Sat., Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. and on Sun., Dec. 9 at 10 a.m. Pastor Doug Bell invites everyone!
• Love Day Annual Love Day at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, for Pastor Bruce Lee and Doris Williams, 4201 Hwy. 178 W., Red Banks. Nov. 9, 3 p.m. with guest speaker Pastor Michael Gordon and New Springhill Church family.
• Christmas gala The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, will host a Christmas gala, 6 p.m. There will be live music, dancing, chorus singers, door prizes, and delicious food. All tickets are $10. Please contact Sis. Curtise Trent for tickets and more information at 901-601-9753. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page