Thursday, November 8, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Senior day Emory Independent Methodist Church, Watson, will host their annual Believer’s Senior Day, Nov. 7, 12 noon. Rev. Stephen Bittick from Byhalia United Methodist Church will be the speaker. There will also be musical entertainment. Come join us.
• Christmas cantata rehearsal Asbury United Methodist Church, Mondays, Nov. 8, 12, 19 and 26, 6:30 p.m.
• yard sale to benefit the Victoria United Methodist Church, November 9-10, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day, 3229 Moore Road, Red Banks.
• Deadline Youth basketball registration is now open for youth between the ages of 8-16. Parents may register at City Hall until Nov. 9. Sponsored by City of Holly Springs Parks and Recreation Department.
• Prayer breakfast, Sat., Nov. 10, 8 a.m., St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs. Speaker will be Rev. Dr. Bessie Tables of New Hope Baptist Church. Tickets are $5. Sponsored by the Women’s Missionary Society. Pastor is Rev. Charles Dooley. The public is invited.
• Benefit program for Deacon Nathan Waldrop, Providence MB Church, Sat., Nov. 10, 5 p.m. All groups, choirs and choruses are invited. For more info. call Rosalyn Edwards, 662-278-9590.
• Brittaney Scruggs Benefit Concert will be held at Longview Point Baptist Church, 6 p.m. The church is located at 1105 Byhalia Road, Hernando. There will be bluegrass and Southern gospel music by The Adams Family, Call To Worship, Temple, The Almost Famous Crains, and Redeemed. Memorials may also be made to the Brittaney Scruggs Memorial Fund at Bancorp South.
• Recognition program in honor of Mary Milan, an inspirational force in Holly Springs, will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 2 p.m. on Nov. 10. She has served on many, many committees and has a legacy of kindness, integrity and generosity.
• KIDS’ DAY will be held at the Huddle House in Holly Springs, 2-4 p.m. There will be lots of free activities for the children. There will be a fire truck with Sparky the Fire Dog; fingerprinting, face painting; and a DARE officer will be on site.
• donation sale, Watson Fire Dept., Nov. 10, 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Rain or shine! The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept. Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• Bird photography class Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, Sat., Nov. 10, 9 a.m. Small charge. Spaces are limited, RSVP required. Call 662-252-1155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a space. For advanced photographers.
• Anniversary The Hampton Singers will celebrate their seventh anniversary, Sat., Nov. 10, 6:30 p.m. at Everett Chapel MB Church in Michigan City. Many choirs and groups are invited.
• Pre-Thanksgiving service Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 2377 Cayce Rd., Byhalia, Sunday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m. Clara Watkins is secretary, and Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor.
• Harvest day, Free Branch MB Church, Sun., Nov. 11, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• Community benefit program for minister Lawrence Redding at Hearn Grove MB Church, 919 Deer Creek Road, Byhalia, November 11, 4 p.m. Please come out to show your love and support.
• 44th anniversary The Silver Stars will celebrate their anniversary, Nov. 11, 6 p.m. at the Baptist Association Building, Holly Springs. Many great groups are on the program. Cash prize giveaway; emcee is Mary LeSueur. Admission will be charged.
• Harvest Day program New Hope MB Church at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Richmond and Union Valley MB Church. Dr. Bessie Tables is pastor.
• Harvest Day Grays Chapel CME Church will be celebrating Harvest Day, November 18, 2 p.m. Pastor Morris Stephens will be the guest speaker. Everyone is invited to come and worship with us! Brian Davis Sr. is pastor. Located at 3682 Hudsonville Rd., Holly Springs.
• Family and friends day Jones Grove, Nov. 11, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Patrick Johnson of New Living Church in Collierville, Tenn., will be the speaker. Pastor is John Powell.
• Singers anniversary Joe Luellen and the Luellen Gospel Singers will celebrate their 14th anniversary, Sun., Nov. 11, 2:30 p.m. at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Everyone is invited.
• Honoring those who serve Rev. Steve Wilson and Rev. Jon Vazquez, along with the Bethlehem Church family, invite everyone Sun., Nov. 11, 10 a.m., 49 Overton School Rd., Potts Camp, as they remember and honor veterans, law enforcement, public servants and those who sacrifice for peace and security.
• Harvest day Community Temple, Sun., Nov. 11, 2 p.m. Anointed Faith Church, with Pastor James Henderson of Memphis, Tenn. Dinner will be served. Host pastor is Elder Frank Moore.
• Church services True Vine MB Church holds services every first, second, third and fourth Sundays, with Sunday school at 10 a.m. and worship at 11. For a ride, please call Deacon Jeffries, 901-314-5515.
• Homecoming, Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd. Singing with Megan Tate Nichols at 11 a.m., lunch in the fellowship hall at noon, more singing after lunch. Bro. Justin Hayes, pastor, and congregation, invite all.
• First steps starting a business Seminar on starting your own business, sponsored by the Catholic Social Services at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Holly Springs. Speaker James Carden will discuss regulations and forms, marketing, technology, business plans and resources. To register, please call 800-725-7232 (MS area codes only).
• Christmas cantata rehearsal Asbury United Methodist Church, Mondays, Nov. 12, 19 and 26, 6:30 p.m.
• Holy Bowl day New Faith Outreach Ministry, for men only. Wear your favorite team jersey, Sat., Nov. 12, 3 p.m. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• Revival Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be held November 13-16, 7 p.m. nightly. Evangelist Kenneth Hollingsworth of Las Vegas, Nevada, will be the speaker. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr. Everyone is invited.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, located on Hwy. 309. The Trailsmen are featured guests. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Musical Salt and Light’s singles ministry will host a musical Nov. 16, 7 p.m. at Miracle Temple Salt and Light Ministry Church, 1126 Allen Rd., Lamar. Everyone is invited.
• Male chorus night Free Branch MB Church, Sat., Nov. 17, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• Yard sale Byhalia Church of God, 2550 Hwy. 309 S, will have a yard sale 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Rain or shine, sale will be held “inside.”
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet Sat., Nov. 17, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Harvest dinner Emory Independent Methodist Church will have its annual homecoming harvest dinner Nov. 18, following the 11 a.m. church service. Come join us.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have an appreciation service for Minister Sammie and Curtanya Smith, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Nathaniel Hollerman and the St. Luke C.O.G.I.C. of Ashland. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Love day Hopewell No. 2 Pastor and Wife’s Love Day honoring Pastor Danny Kimbrough and first lady Retha Kimbrough will be held November 18, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Mark Davis of Wyatte Community. Everyone is invited. Come help us shower our pastor and first lady with love.
• Appreciation program Jones Grove Church, for first lady Sis. Louise Powell, Nov. 18. Rev. J.W. Smith of Kimbrough Chapel will be the speaker. Rev. John Powell, pastor.
• Christmas cantata rehearsal Asbury United Methodist Church, Mondays, Nov. 19 and 26, 6:30 p.m.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Thanksgiving service Kimbrough Chapel Church, Nov. 21, 7 p.m. with guest speaker Pastor Mark Bryson and Liberty Baptist Church family. Host pastor, J.W. Smith Jr.
• Love Day for Servant Marvin Lucas Sr., Bell Grove M.B. Church, 853 Tyro Road, Holly Springs on Nov. 25, 2:30 p.m. with guest speaker Pastor Willie Hoey of Pleasant Hill and Roberts Chapel.
• Shoe Rally True Vine MB Church, 525 West St., 2 p.m., Nov. 25. Special guests will be Pastor James Green and Finley Grove MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• Developing a business plan Sponsored by Catholic Social Services, St. Joseph Church, Holly Springs, this seminar will assist in preparing a business plan. Speaker will be James Carden. To register, call 800-725-7232 (MS area codes only).
• Christmas cantata rehearsal Asbury United Methodist Church, Mondays, Nov. 26, 6:30 p.m.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located 1/2 mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd., will hold their monthly singing on Saturday, December 1, beginning at 7 p.m. Featured guests this month will be The Downs Family, from Booneville. Bro. Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• State drive Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, pastor Bruce Lee and Doris Williams, 4201 Hwy. 178 W., Red Banks. Dec. 1, 6 p.m.
• Members meeting Holly Springs Lodge #35. Members, please attend the Dec. 3 meeting, 7 p.m. Election of officers.
• Love Day Annual Love Day at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, for pastor Bruce Lee and Doris Williams, 4201 Hwy. 178 W., Red Banks. Nov. 9, 3 p.m. with guest speaker pastor Michael Gordon and New Springhill Church family.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever first, secnd, and third Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; fourth Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page