Thursday, October 25, 2012
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL will be held at Chewalla Baptist Church, Oct. 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly with Bro. Andy Skelton as guest speaker. Mike DeVore will be leading the singing. Everyone is welcome.
• REPORT CARD PICKUP The Holly Springs Intermediate School will have report card pickup/parent-teacher conferences, 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Parents are encouraged to come.
• MEETING Marshall County Cattleman’s Association Meeting and Dinner will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For information or to become a member call the Extension office at 662-252-3541.
• PARENT TRAINING Holly Springs Districtwide Parent Center will hold a 30-minute parent training at 12 noon on study skills and how to help your child study. Vikki Washington, school counselor, will be the presenter. Parents with children in grades 4-12 are encouraged to attend.
• Classes of 1980-1995 will host the third annual Homecoming Alumni Mix & Mingle weekend October 26-28 at NWCC. Join our group on Facebook called “Rangers Run This” or look us up on firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the itinerary and complete details.
• Love celebration at Free Branch Church for Pastor Joe and lady-elect Arlene Tunstall, Fri., Oct. 26, 6 p.m.
• The dungeon Haunted attraction at Wall Doxey State Park, brought to you by Boy Scout Troop 43. Oct. 26-27, 7-10 p.m., small admission charge. Activities for young kids include games and hayrides.
• Haunted House Victoria Vol. Fire Dept., small admission charge. Concession stand with good food and good prices. Oct. 26-28 and Oct. 31.
• 8th Annual Free Fall Festival at CrossPointe Church, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Saturday, October 27 from 3-6 p.m. Games, petting zoo, bounces, food, candy and so much more to enjoy. All free!
• Benefit program Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is sponsoring a benefit for Bro. Tommie Lee Liggins, Sat., Oct. 27, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Robert Odum is pastor.
• Men & Women’s Conference Mt. Ollie MB Church, Potts Camp, Oct. 27-28. Breakfast, 8 a.m., conference begins at 9 until 12 noon. Women’s program, Sun., Oct. 28, 2 p.m. Dinner will be served. Rev. Anthony Marion is pastor.
• Arts and Crafts Festival will be held at First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant in the gym, 9-4 p.m. All proceeds will go towards the gym fund. Vendors and crafters wanted. For more information call 901-626-3915.
• Fall Festival Fellowship Baptist Church, Byhalia, Hwy. 309 N, will host a Fall Festival with food, games for the kids, a chili cookoff, cake walk, silent auction, hayrides and more! Followed by a Trunk or Treat for the kids. Proceeds will benefit our Ladies Ministry. Festival, 2-6 p.m., trunk or treat, 6-6:30. 662-838-4377.
• Youth Rally will be held at Friendship Assembly of God Saturday, 6 p.m. Youth from everywhere are invited to a Holy Spirit-filled event with uplifting music, powerful messages and amazing outreach opportunities. For more information you may call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• FALL CARNIVAL Holly Springs Intermediate School will have their fall carnival 1-6 p.m. Admission is $3 and game tickets are 25¢ each.
• FREE JUDO DEMONSTRATION Special appearance by Frazier Judo Club, C.C. Wilkerson, at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, Holly Springs, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Prayer breakfast Pleasant Hill CME Church, on behalf of devoted pastor and wife, Willie and Cathelean Hoey and son Dillon Hoey, Oct. 27, 9 a.m. Donation at the door. Guest speaker will be Rev. Morris Stephens, along with the Macedonia CME Church family. Everyone is invited.
• Women’s retreat and brunch Sat., Oct. 27, 12 noon at Liberty Hill MB Church, 6496 Hernando Rd., Byhalia. Hosted by first lady Victoria Rayborn. All women are invited.
• Fall gospel classic With The Canton Spirituals at New Dimensions Salt and Light Church, 565 Neely Ave., Holly Springs. Doors open at 5 p.m., concert begins at 6 p.m. Tickets in advance or at the door. 901-213-6670, 901-268-9229.
• Benefit banquet The Lillie Rose Foundation will host their second annual benefit banquet, Oct. 27, 6 p.m. at the Zeta building, Cottrell Ave., Holly Springs. Lillie Rose is a non-profit organization put in place to help those who are terminally ill, from youth to elderly.
• Singing The Downs Family will be the featured group at Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Sat., Oct. 27, 7 p.m.
• Fatherhood breakfast Marjean Mynatt Head Start in Holly Springs, Oct. 27, 9:30 a.m. All fathers invited. Sponsored by the Fatherhood Committee.
• 117TH ANNIVERSARY Kimbrough Chapel Church hosts their 117th anniversary, 11 a.m. Guest pastor will be Danny Kimmons and Hopewell No. 2. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr.
• 175TH ANNIVERSARY First United Methodist, Holly Springs, will observe its 175th anniversary with services and celebration on Sunday, Oct. 28. Welcome time at 10 a.m.; services at 11 a.m. with Rev. Andy Ray, district superintendent of the Senatobia district, as guest minister. Lunch will be served. At 2 p.m., there will be a special program of sacred music dedicated to the memory of Martha Hurdle McAlexander.
• PASTOR’S 31ST ANNIVERSARY will be held at Smith Grove M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Ronnie Franklin and J.R. Wilson from Mt. Moriah.
• HOMECOMING First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will have homecoming with Rev. Charles Fowler bringing the message. Singing will feature Shirley Berry from Water Valley. Services will begin at 9:45 a.m. A buffet meal in the fellowship hall will follow. Pastor is Rev. Paul Hicks and music director is Rev. Andy Roe.
• Singing Slayden Baptist Church, Sun., Oct. 28, 6:30 p.m. with Unity 4 from Iuka. Love offering will be received. Everyone is invited.
• Missionary program Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 2377 Cayce Rd., Byhalia, Sunday, Oct. 28, in the morning service. Clara Watkins, secretary, Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Pastor and wife’s love day New Faith Outreach Ministries invites everyone to their Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, honoring Apostle Tracy Jeffries and first lady Evangelist Shreda Jeffries, Oct. 28, 2:30 p.m. Apostle Terrell “T.J.” Johnson will be speaker.
• Judgement Day A walk-through drama presented by Spring Hill Baptist Church, 1715 Bethlehem Rd., Waterford, Sun., Oct. 28, 6 p.m., Mon., Oct. 29, 7 p.m. No reservations needed, groups are welcomed. For more info. call 662-252-5131 or 662-604-1009. Rev. John Parker, pastor.
• PAGEANT Holly Springs Intermediate School will have their Mr. and Miss HSIS pageant in the gym.
• Harvest Festival hosted by Friendship Assembly of God will be held 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. The activities for this night are endless with carnival games, inflatables, challenges and so much more. Admission for the evening is one bag of candy per child.
• TRUNK OR TREAT will be held at Red Banks Baptist Church, 6-8 p.m. We will have a bonfire with hotdogs and drinks, and a moon bounce. No scary masks or costumes please.
• TRUNK OR TREAT at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd., Holly Springs. Hot dogs, drinks, and trunks of candy. Starts at 6:30 p.m. Everyone invited.
• BENEFIT Jones M.B. Church, Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, will have a benefit program for Minister Larry Martin at 5 p.m. All choirs and male choruses are invited. Rev. John Powell is pastor. Program is sponsored by Clarence Hudson and the Hudson Singers.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, Nov. 3, with Unity 4. Singing at 7, fellowship at 6 p.m.
• Fish fry Providence MB Church, 295 Withers Ave., Sat., Nov. 3, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Alonzo Johnson, pastor.
• Homecoming Holly Hill Baptist Church, 786 Old Hwy. 7 S., Nov. 4. Singing with The Martins, dinner in the fellowship hall. Sunday School, 10 a.m., preaching, 11, dinner at noon and singing after dinner.
• Men and Women’s Day Mt. Moriah MB Church, 3193 Marianna Rd., Sun., Nov. 4, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Chris Williams and Mt. Sinai MB Church will be special guests. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, pastor.
• Prayer breakfast, Sat., Nov. 10, 8 a.m., St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs. Tickets are $5. Sponsored by the Women’s Missionary Society. Pastor, Rev. Charles Dooley. The public is invited.
• Benefit program for Deacon Nathan Waldrop, Providence MB Chrch, Sat., Nov. 10, 5 p.m. All groups, choirs and choruses are invited. For more info. call Rosalyn Edwards, 662-278-9590.
• Pre-Thanksgiving service Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 2377 Cayce Rd., Byhalia, Sunday, Nov. 11, 11 a.m. Clara Watkins, secretary, Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Harvest day, Free Branch MB Church, Sun., Nov. 11, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor J.L. Tunstall.
• First steps starting a business Seminar on starting your on business, sponsored by the Catholic Social Services at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Holly Springs. Speaker James Carden will discuss regulations and forms, marketing, technology, business plans and resources. To register, please call 800-725-7232 (MS area codes only).
• Male chorus night Free Branch MB Church, Sat., Nov. 17, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor J.L. Tunstall.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Developing a businss plan Sponsored by Catholic Social Services, St. Joseph Church, Holly Springs, this seminar will assist in preparing a business plan. Speaker will be James Carden. To register, call 800-725-7232 (MS area codes only).
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page