Thursday, October 18, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Music workshop, Oct. 17-19, host church, Christ Temple COGIC, 210 W. Park Ave., Holly Springs. Supt. Albert Pass, pastor. Registration will begin at 6 p.m. Directed by Minister Christopher Robinson.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Curtis and Richenda Pritchard at 7 p.m. Special guests will be Linwood Dillard and the Citadel C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• PTA H.W. Byers will have their monthly PTA meeting at 6 p.m. in the elementary gym.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, will be held at 7 p.m. (All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13 to 25).
• RODEO J Bar B/Deep South Rodeo will be held at 7 p.m. at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info call 662-252-4634.
• FALL FESTIVAL The Apostolic Church of Jesus, located at 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, invites everyone to attend their fall festival, 4 p.m. There will be a trunk or treat, slide and moon bounce, chili cookoff, weiner roast, games and hayride. For more info. contact Pastor Loveless, 662-838-8110.
• FALL FESTIVAL Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, will have their annual Fall Festival and Trunk-a-Treat, beginning at 5 p.m. There will be games, food, and fun for all ages. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor, and congregation invite all.
• Prayer gathering House of Prayer, 553 Tunston Rd. and Mockingbird St., Byhalia. Sat., Oct. 20, 10 a.m. Pastor C. Lesure, 662-252-1049, 564-3419. Guest speaker is Patrick Johnson, of Tupelo Temple of Deliverance. Everyone is invited.
• Seven seal rally, Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, Oct. 21 with Rev. Willie Jeffries and Strawberry MB Church as guests. Everyone is invited. Rev. Robert Odum is pastor.
• Annual Harvest Day program, St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs, Sunday, October 21, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Gifton Jones, of New Jerusalem MB Church in Memphis, Tenn. Rev. Charles Dooley is pastor. The program is sponsored by the steward board.
• HONOR PROGRAM The Golden Stars Memorial Celebration honoring deceased members will be held at Strawberry M.B. Church, 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S DAY The United Methodist Women of Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church will have their annual Women’s Day Program, 3 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. Bessie Tables of New Hope MB Church of Laws Hill.
• ANNIVERSARY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have an anniversary service for Curtis and Richenda Pritchard at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Superintendent Albert Pass and the Christ Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• HOMECOMING Nichols Chapel CME Church, in Byhalia, will hold their homecoming at 2:30 p.m. Guest church will be St. Paul M.B. Church in Byhalia with Rev. Andrew Cheairs delivering the message. Dinner will begin after services. Everyone is invited. Michael Adams is pastor.
• ANNIVERSARY First Baptist Church of Holly Springs will have their 175th Anniversary Celebration beginning at 9 a.m. with Sunday School. Lunch will be served after worship at 10 a.m. All former members, friends and guests are welcome. For more info. call the church office at 662-252-2627.
• FOUNDER’S DAY will be held at Liberty Hill M.B. Church, Byhalia, 11 a.m. Pastor Joe Tunstall and Free Branch M.B. Church will be special guests. Pastor Calvin Rayborn invites everyone.
• MORNING WORSHIP will be at 9 a.m. at Free Branch M.B. Church.
• Homecoming Mustard Seed Ministries Church, located on Hwy. 309 S. in Byhalia, will have a homecoming on Sunday, October 21, at 1 p.m. featuring the Pounders Family.
• Homecoming Sunday, October 21, Meadowbrook Baptist Church will celebrate homecoming. Special guests will be The Telestials. Service starts at 10 a.m., with a pot luck lunch to follow. All are welcome. Bring your family and friends and come join us in the celebration of fellowship, food and singing
• PTO meeting Potts Camp PTO will conduct their next monthly meeting on October 23 at 6:30 p.m. in the school auditorium. All parents, grandparents and teachers are encouraged to attend.
• REVIVAL will be held at Chewalla Baptist Church, Oct. 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly with Bro. Andy Skelton as guest speaker. Mike DeVore will be leading the singing. Everyone is welcome.
• REPORT CARD PICKUP The Holly Springs Intermediate School will have report card pickup/parent-teacher conferences, 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Parents are encouraged to come.
• MEETING Marshall County Cattleman’s Association Meeting and Dinner will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For information or to become a member call the Extension office at 662-252-3541.
• PARENT TRAINING Holly Springs Districtwide Parent Center will hold a 30-minute parent training on study skills and how to help your child study at 12 noon. Vikki Washington, school counselor, will be the presenter. Parents with children in grades 4-12 are encouraged to attend.
• Classes of 1980-1995 will host the third annual Homecoming Alumni Mix & Mingle weekend October 26-28 at NWCC. Join our group on Facebook called “Rangers Run This” or look us up on email@example.com to receive the itinerary and complete details.
• Love celebration at Free Branch Church for Pastor Joe and lady-elect Arlene Tunstall, Fri., Oct. 26, 6 p.m.
• 8th Annual Free Fall Festival at CrossPointe Church, 6400 Blocker St. in Olive Branch, Saturday, October 27 from 3-6 p.m. Games, petting zoo, bounces, food, candy and so much more to enjoy. All free!
• Benefit program Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is sponsoring a benefit for Bro. Tommie Lee Liggins, Sat., Oct. 27, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Robert Odum is pastor.
• Men & Women’s Conference Mt. Ollie MB Church, Potts Camp, Oct. 27-28. Breakfast, 8 a.m., conference begins at 9 until 12 noon. Women’s program, Sun., Oct. 28, 2 p.m. Dinner will be served. Rev. Anthony Marion is pastor.
• Arts and Crafts Festival will be held at First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant in the gym, 9-4 p.m. All proceeds will go towards the gym fund. Vendors and crafters wanted. For more information call 901-626-3915.
• Fall Festival Fellowship Baptist Church, Byhalia, Hwy 309 N, will host a Fall Festival with food, games for the kids, a chili cookoff, cake walk, silent auction, hayrides and more! Followed by a Trunk or Treat for the kids. Proceeds will benefit our Ladies Ministry. Festival, 2-6 p.m., trunk or treat, 6-6:30. 662-838-4377.
• Youth Rally will be held at Friendship Assembly of God Saturday, 6 p.m. Youth from everywhere are invited to a Holy Spirit-filled event with uplifting music, powerful messages and amazing outreach opportunities. For more information you may call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• FALL CARNIVAL Holly Springs Intermediate School will have their fall carnival 1-6 p.m. Admission is $3 and game tickets are 25¢ each.
• FREE JUDO DEMONSTRATION Special appearance by Frazier Judo Club, C.C. Wilkerson, at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, Holly Springs, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Prayer breakfast Pleasant Hill CME Church, on behalf of devoted pastor and wife, Willie and Cathelean Hoey and son Dillon Hoey, Oct. 27, 9 a.m. Donation at the door. Guest speaker will be Rev. Morris Stephens, along with the Macedonia CME Church family. Everyone is invited.
• Women’s retreat and brunch Sat., Oct. 27, 12 noon at Liberty Hill MB Church, 6496 Hernando Rd., Byhalia. Hosted by first lady Victoria Rayborn. All women are invited.
• ANNIVERSARY Kimbrough Chapel Church hosts their 117th anniversary, 11 a.m. Guest pastor will be Danny Kimmons and Hopewell No. 2. Host pastor is J.W. Smith Jr.
• PASTOR’S 31ST ANNIVERSARY will be held at Smith Grove M.B. Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Ronnie Franklin and J.R. Wilson from Mt. Moriah.
• HOMECOMING First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will have homecoming with Rev. Charles Fowler bringing the message. Singing will feature Shirley Berry from Water Valley. Services will begin at 9:45 a.m. A buffet meal in the fellowship will follow. Pastor is Rev. Paul Hicks and music director is Rev. Andy Roe.
• Singing Slayden Baptist Church, Sun., Oct. 28, 6:30 p.m. with Unity 4 from Iuka. Love offering will be received. Everyone is invited.
• PAGEANT Holly Springs Intermediate School will have their Mr. and Miss HSIS pageant in the gym.
• Harvest Festival hosted by Friendship Assembly of God, will be held 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. The activities for this night are endless with carnival games, inflatables, challenges and so much more. Admission for the evening is one bag of candy per child.
•TRUNK OR TREAT will be held at Red Banks Baptist Church, 6-8 p.m. We will have a bonfire with hotdogs and drinks, and a moon bounce. No scary masks or costumes please.
• BENEFIT Jones M.B. Church, Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs will have a benefit program for Minister Larry Martin at 5 p.m. All choirs and male chorus are invited. Rev. John Powell is pastor. Program is sponsored by Clarence Hudson and the Hudson Singers.
• Prayer breakfast, Sat., Nov. 10, 8 a.m., St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs. Tickets are $5. Sponsored by the Womens Missionary Society. Pastor, Rev. Charles Dooley. The public is invited.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page