Thursday, January 26, 2012
Calendar of Events
• Relay For Life team captains’ meeting will be held at the library, 5:15 p.m. All captains please be present. If you are not able to attend send one of your team members. If your team is not registered they can register then. The committee will meet directly after at 6:15 p.m.
• LUNCHEON The Byhalia Chamber of Commerce Member Luncheon will be held at Seafood Junction Too, Stonewall Road and Hwy. 309, 11:30 a.m. For more info. call 662-838-8127.
• MUSICAL PROGRAM Rising Star M.B. Church, located on Chewalla Lake Road, is presenting a musical program at 6 p.m. All choirs, gospel groups, and male choruses are invited to sing. The public is invited. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• PLAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant is sponsoring the Gospel Play ‘Enough is Enough” at the Harrell Threatre, 440 Powell Road, Collierville, Tenn., 7 p.m. For ticket info. call Willanda Hearn, 901-864-6697; Jairus Leseur, 662-544-3859; or Stella Honor, 662-544-5816. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will have their monthly Saturday night singing at 7 p.m. Featured singers will be Blessed Harmony from Ala. Everyone is invited.
• CLOTHES CLOSET Victory Church Clothes Closet will be open at 10 a.m. All items are free. The closet opens each second and fourth Saturday at 10 a.m. For more info. contact Bud Parker, 662-551-6869 or Glenda Parker, 662-551-6870. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Drive in the Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Pastor’s anniversary CELEBRATION Mt. Gilliam MB Church, Byhalia, will celebrate the second anniversary of Pastor Calvin Rayborn Sr., 4 p.m. Host pastor is Charlies Gillespie. Many guest groups are scheduled. Free admission.
• “AfterShock” Youth Service at Friendship Assembly of God 10 a.m. Everyone is invited! The church is located of Hwy. 78. Take Victoria Exit 18, go right on Friendship Rd., half mile to entrance.
• Soup Cook-Off contest hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God will be held at 6 p.m. Be sure to join us for a tasty good time.
• Fifth Sunday Services will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 11 a.m. Rev. Tunstall and Free Branch MB Church will be guests. Musicians Appreciation program will be held at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• SPECIAL SERVICE Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Road, will have their Twelve Tribes of Israel in the morning service. Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor.
• SINGING The Shaw Singers will be in concert at New Dimension Church. For more info. call Elder Gary Pegues or Craig Williamson, 252-5998.
• FAMILY FITNESS NIGHT, sponsored by Holly Springs Primary School Wellness Council, will be held January 30, Feb. 6 and 13, 5:30-7 p.m. at the Holly Springs Primary Activity Building. Open to the community. School age must be accompanied by parent. Includes organized exercise, walking, basketball, DDR. Adults can have their blood pressure, height, weight and BMI checked on the first night.
• BIBLE CLASS Pleasant Hill CME Church will start a midday Bible class each Wednesday beginning February 1, 11 a.m. Rev. Willie Hoey pastor, invites everyone.
• Weight Loss Program: Friendship Assembly of God now has a fitness center hosted by Women of Faith Ministries. Tuesdays and Thursday’s from 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. For more information, please contact the church office at 662-838-4000. Fitness Director Ann Bumpus.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM will be held for Clarence Woods who has kidney failure, 6 p.m., at Providence Church. The host pastor is Alonzo Johnson, and sponsor is The Stars of Faith. All choirs and male choruses are invited. For more info. call Ed Hugh, 901-239-3021 or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• Pre-Valentine’s Day Banquet and Gala on February 4 at Grays Chapel CME Church at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $5, for more information contact Ethel Finney at 662-274-4755. Pastor is Rev. Brian Davis Sr.
• “Super Bowl Game Night” at Friendship Assembly of God hosted by the Royal Rangers beginning at 6 p.m. Come watch the game on the big screen in the gym and enjoy an evening of fellowship and refreshments or join us in our sanctuary for worship and service. For more information, you can contact the church office at 662-838-4000.
• ANNIVERSARY Opulent Life Church invites everyone to celebrate their first anniversary beginning at 10:45 a.m. Special guest speaker will be Pastor W.D. McKissie Sr. from Cornerstone Baptist Church, Arlington, Texas. Pastor is Telsa DeBerry. The church is located behind Popeyes Chicken, Hwy. 7 South.
• BLACK HISTORY MONTH will be held at Providence M.B. Church hosted by a Fifty Women and Fifty Men in Black program, 10:45 a.m. Everyone is invited. Alonzo Johnson is pastor.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM at Royston Chapel CME Church will be held Feb. 5, 11 a.m.; Feb. 12, 10 a.m., and Feb. 19, 11 a.m. The church is located on 3701 Royston Rd., Potts Camp (off Hwy. 4 and Liberty Road, Gwen Nelson is pastor.
• Missionary day Hopewell COGIC will bless missionary Lee Hankins on Feb. 5 at 1:30 p.m. Pastor, Elder Willie Johnson.
• The Friends of the Marshall County Library are very happy to have Mary Minor and Annie Ruth Stone present their new book on the history of Potts Camp. The business meeting is at 11:30 for members, and the public is invited to the 12 noon program. Refreshments will be served, and everyone is encouraged to attend.
• Fish fry St. Jude Benefit Fish Fry will be held at Emory Independent Methodist Church from 5-8 p.m. The plates are $10 for adults, $5 for children and children 6 and under are free. The meal includes Pride of the Pond catfish, slaw, French fries, hushpuppies, drink and homemade dessert. The Taylor Made band will perform during the eating. Come bring your friends and help raise money for the kids at St. Jude. Emory Independent Methodist Church is located on Holly Springs Rd., south of Byhalia near Watson.
• Benefit Program for Deacon George Cannon at Reid’s Gift M.B. Church in Potts Camp, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcomed.
• Valentines Banquet will be hosted by Friendship Assembly of God Children’s Super Church. Bring your spouse for a lovely evening of dining, entertainment, Christian music, with child care available, and door prizes, 6:30 p.m. If you would like to attend RSVP through the main church office at 662-838-4000 by February 6th. For more information call the church office.
• A Come As You Are program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Etoy Bogard will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• MUSICIAN PROGRAM Isaac Chapel CME will have their musician appreciation program for Eddie and Deborah Woods, 2 p.m. Many groups and choirs are invited. Rev. Willie Ward is host pastor.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Sunrise Chapter #166 Order of Eastern Star at the Waterford Lodge Hall, 2 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Revival at Hopewell COGIC, beginning Feb. 13 and continuing through the week. Everyone is invited. There will be a guest evangelist. Pastor, Willie Johnson.
• Open Gym Night hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria at 7 p.m. All youth and their friends welcome, ages 13 to 25, for a night of basketball, games, refreshments or just hang out and have fun.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Faithful Gospel Singers of New Albany will have a pre-anniversary program at Jones Grove Church, 7 p.m. There will be several groups and singers from around. M.C. will be Dave Glass. For more info. call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at New Hope M.B. Church, 3120 Hwy. 310, 2:30 p.m. Guests will be MacArthur King and Jeffries Chapel MB Church. Pastor is Dr. Bessie Tables. Sponsors are Anna L. Mitchell, 252-2028; or Ivory KaShun Kinard, 662-587-5035.
• PROGRAM Hopewell No. 2 MB Church Women in White Program will be held at 11 a.m. Everyone is invited. Susie Glover is sponsor and Danny Kimbrough is host pastor.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB CHurch, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited. Sponsors are Sharon LeSure and Yulanda Sellers. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• Wild game supper Red Banks Baptist Church will host its 3rd Annual Wild Game Supper at 6 p.m. The supper will be held at the Family Life Center. There will be a special speaker and door prizes will be given. Bro. Jonathan Childress is pastor.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, 2 p.m. All choirs are welcome. Sponsors are Cherie Brownlee, Sharvitta King and Monika LeSure. Host pastor is Danny Kimbrough.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1982 is planning their 30th reunion for May 25-27. Please contact committee members Patty (Foster) Robinson, 662-252-2921; Karen (Ratcliff) Morgan, 469-733-7960; Edith (Bridgeforth) Sims, 662-564-4200; Viera Roseburg, 601-316-7369; Claude Vinson, 901-212-9854; Anthony Anderson, 404-259-1258.
• REUNION The Newsom Family Reunion will be held July 6-8. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of Michael Newsom, Sr., granddaughter of Erma Newsom Wallace and great-granddaughter of the lat Arvern/Katie Newsom) at 732-821-2084 or email email@example.com or Facebook: Friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• REUNION The Hardin Family Reunion will be held July 13-15. For more info. call Angela Newsom-Hoye (daughter of the late Willie Jean Hardin Wells and granddaughter of Georgia/Willie Hardin) at 732-821-2084; or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook: friend request my name just as it is spelled.
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page