Thursday, September 20, 2012
Calendar of Events
• PTA meeting will be held at Holly Springs Intermediate School, 5:30 p.m. in the library. Parents are encouraged to join the PTA for $5. Dornetta Howell is PTA president.
• A spaghetti supper will be held 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall, Hwy. 178, (behind the post office) Victoria. Come join us for good food and fellowship.
• REUNION The Byhalia High Class of 1972 will have their 40th class reunion at the Butcher Shop Steakhouse, 107 South Germantown Parkway, 6 p.m. For more info. contact Martha Echols McGowan, 662-564-2219, or Izolar Harper, 901-438-3004.
• Prayer Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. will be hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. All men are invited.
• Election Marshall County Branch of the NAACP will elect a nominating committee Sept. 22, 10 a.m. Oct. 27, 10 a.m., an election supervisory committee will be elected. Nov. 24, 10 a.m., election of officers and executive committee members. All meetings are at Asbury United Methodist Church, 225 W. College Ave., Holly Springs.
• Third annual Fun Day, Potts Camp Park, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sponsored by the Town of Potts Camp. Free food for kids. Concessions, games, cake walk, bouncing inflatables, live music and much more. Donations accepted. All proceeds benefit the Park Fund. For more info. call 662-333-7285.
• FORESTRY FIELD DAY. Marshall County Extension Service and the Marshall County Forestry Association will host their 16th annual Forestry Field Day at Piney Ridge Tree Farm. Theme: “Managing Forest Land Resources in Timber, Wildlife, Recreation and Best Management Practices.” For more info. and to make reservations, call the Extension Office at 662-252-3541. Note: pre-registration is required to attend.
• “Courageous” First Baptist Church in Potts Camp will show the movie “Courageous” at 7 p.m., Sat., Sept. 22, and on Sunday, Sept. 23. Admission is free; no offering will be taken. Refreshments will be served. Please bring a lawn chair.
• Meeting The Marshall County Republican Party will meet at 5:30 p.m., at Clancy’s Restaurant in Red Banks. Everyone is invited. Come on down.
• SINGING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly of Holly Springs will have a singing at 7 p.m. The featured group will be Bless Harmony of Alabama. Everyone is welcome.
• FALL FESTIVAL Temperance Hill Baptist Church, Potts Camp, will have their Christian Community Fall Festival, 12 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Lots of good food, games and gospel music. The host group will be Southern Image and local groups. For more info. call Edgar Wilkinson at 662-333-7931. Bring your lawn chairs please.
• FALL FESTIVAL Pastor John Powell and Jones Grove M.B. Church will have their annual Fall Festival, 11 a.m. until. The church is located at 305 Old Hwy. 7 South. You may set up a booth for $25 each.
• WOMEN’S MONTH at Isaac Chapel Church, Hwy. 309 S. The annual day will be held at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Agnew of Beverly Chapel CME Church in Tupelo. Host pastor is Rev. Willie Ward.
• Family and Friends’ Day, 2:30 p.m. New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Rd. Speaker is Minister Jeremy Robinson of Memphis, Tenn. Host pastor is Apostle Tracy Jeffries.
• Love Day Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, will be having Pastor and Wife’s Love Day honoring Pastor Roger and first lady Odessia Daniel at 2 p.m. Pastor Tommy Goodwin and Bridges Chapel of Pittsboro will be the guests. Everyone is invited.
• “Courageous” First Baptist Church in Potts Camp will show the movie “Courageous” at 7 p.m. Admission is free, no offering will be taken. Refreshments will be served. Please bring a lawn chair.
• Love appreciation Free Branch MB Church, 2:30 p.m. for Pastor Joe L. Tunstall and wife Sis. Arlene Tunstall. Dinner will be served. Rev. Ladaryl Odum and St. Mark Church from Collierville, Tenn., will be guests. Everyone is invited.
• Family and friends’ day Greenfield Presbyterian Church will celebrate their 26th annual Family and Friends’ Day, 3 p.m. Pastor Billy L. Williams and Adolphus Chapel CME Church will be guests. W. James Lyons is pastor.
• TEEN CHALLENGE Chewalla Assembly of God, Higdon Road, will have a special service conducted by Teen Challenge at 11 a.m. A potluck dinner will be held after service. Everyone is invited.
• See You At The Pole. Groups of students gathering at the flag pole of Friendship Christian Academy with songs, worship, and prayer for the local community leaders, government and president will be held at 8:30 a.m. All parents are invited. Melanie Lott is chapel director.
• Revival, Sept. 26-28, 7 p.m. New Faith Outreach Ministries with speaker Apostle Norman Johnson. Host pastor is Apostle Tracy Jeffries.
• Girls SleepOver hosted by the Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God will be held from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 29. For more info. call 662-838-4000.
• Friday night fight One night revival at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Guest speaker will be Rev. Odie Williams. Host pastor is Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. The public is invited.
• FLASHBACK ’70s Friends of Marshall Academy present Flashback ’70s, 7 p.m. at Oak Palace. Tickets are $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door. ’70s attire welcome – put on your boogie shoes and dance the night away with good friends and good music for a good cause. There will be hors d’oeuvres, an auction, games, raffles, and door prizes. All proceeds benefit Marshall Academy. For tickets contact Anita Gresham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Singing, 6 p.m., Calvary Baptist Church, Hwy. 5 in Ashland with New Ground as the featured group.
• Singing Fellowship Baptist Church, Byhalia, 6 p.m. Featuring Beyond Measure from Walls, and Servants Heart from Olive Branch. Church located three miles north of Byhalia on Hwy 309. Pastor Wade Crum invites everyone to attend.
• REUNION The Culver-Teasler Family Reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Bring your favorite dish and come out and join us.
• INSTALLATION SERVICE of Officers will be held at Wilkins Chapel, 11 a.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Lawrence McKinzie. Host pastor is Rev. Robert Odum.
• “AfterShock” Youth will have an AM Service at Friendship Assembly of God, 10 a.m. with special guest Evangelist Ryan Post. Everyone is invited. The church is located on Hwy. 78, Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Road.
• Section I will be meeting at Solid Rock Assembly of God for a special sectional service beginning at 6 p.m.
• Men in black Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Gunnette Joyner and the Spirit of Life COGIC of Byhalia. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• WATERCOLOR Painting Classes will be held every Tuesday and Thursday in October, 6:30-8 p.m. at the Byhalia Town Hall. All ages – beginners to intermediates welcome. For more information call 662-838-7078 after 6 p.m.
• FISH FRY Cayce Fire Department will have their annual fish fry, 5-7 p.m. Tickets may be bought from any fireman, at the door, or at Gossett Auto Parts or A-1 Small Engines.
•Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located 1/2 mile south of Goodman on Cayce, will hold their annual homecoming beginning at 12 noon. We are expecting many guest performers including the Watkins, the Burnetts, and our featured guests will be The Williams Family. Dinner will begin at noon, with singing beginning at 1 p.m. Everyone come on out and enjoy some good food, fun, and fellowship.
• 108th Reunion, 12 noon until, at the National Guard Armory in Holly Springs. If you were a member of the 108th AC in Holly Springs or Ripley, please attend. For more info. call Johnnie, 662-544-2862.
• SINGING New Garden Baptist Church is having a Gospel Singing featuring Megan Tate Nichols and Bluff City Quartet. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m. The church is located at 4831 Sycamore Road, Coldwater.
• FRIENDS AND FAMILY DAY will be held at Holly Springs Church of Christ with Dr. Jesse Robertson as the guest speaker. The HIMS, a gospel quartet, will bring the music in the afternoon. Bible class is 10 a.m., worship 11 a.m., lunch at noon, devotional at 1:30 and the HIMS at 2 p.m.
• Fall festival and crafts fair will be held at Brookside Church. The crafts fair will be from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.. The fall festival will be from 11a.m.-2 p.m. For more information visit our website www.brooksideob.com or contact the church office 662-890-4069.
• BARREL RACE Marshall County Annual Kudzu Classic Barrel Race will be held at the Marshall county Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. Gates open at 8 a.m. and trainers starts at 9 a.m. For more info. call 662-252-5441.
• HUNTER SAFETY COURSE sponsored by MDWFP will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. Call Danny Mills at 662-629-0160 for more info.
• RODEO J Bar B/Deep South Rodeo will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For more info. Call 662-252-4634.
• REVIVAL will be held at Chewalla Baptist Church, Oct. 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly with Bro. Andy Skelton as guest speaker. Mike DeVore will be leading the singing. Everyone is welcome.
• MEETING Marshall County Cattleman’s Association Meeting and Dinner will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 North, Holly Springs. For information or to become a member call the Extension office at 662-252-3541.
• Classes 80-95 will host the 3rd Annual Homecoming Alumni Mix & Mingle weekend October 26-28. An exciting and fun-filled weekend has been planned. Join our group on facebook called “Rangers Run This” or look us up on email@example.com to receive the itinenary and complete details. This event will help provide scholarship funding for a deserving NWCC Student. The activities will include old school music, tailgating, bbq, comedy show, and a night out on the town at one of Memphis’ hottest night spots. Remember ‘aint no party like a Rangers party. Hope to see you there.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page