Thursday, August 30, 2012
Police go to 114 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 114 calls last week, according to interim police chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included – disturbances, 11; alarms, 21; larcenies, 3; accidents, 3; assists to agencies, 7; assaults, 2; burglaries, 3; funeral escorts, 3; domestics, 2; 911 hangups, 1; auto burglaries, 3; rape, 1; shots fired, 1; checks on elderly and disabled, 2; and 51 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher took 8 calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, Aug. 20
• two auto burglaries in the 100 block of Heritage Drive.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of South Chesterman Street.
• false pretense in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Tuesday, Aug. 21
• credit card fraud in the 900 block of Highway 7 South.
• escaped felons were reported in the 800 block of West Street. Subjects were captured within the compound and returned to their confinement unit.
• simple assault on a correctional officer in the 800 block of West Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of West Street.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
• run-away juvenile in the 300 block of Oakwood Cove. The juvenile was located the next day.
Thursday, Aug. 23
• rape in the 1300 block of Highway 4 East.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• residential burglary in the 500 block of Highway 178 East.
Friday, Aug. 24
• leaving the scene of an accident in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
• petit larceny in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• grand larceny in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Saturday, Aug. 25
• petit larceny in the 100 block of North East Boundary Street.
• residential burglary in the 200 block of East Valley Avenue.
• leaving the scene of an accident with injuries in the Randolph Street/Van Dorn Avenue area.
Sunday, Aug. 26
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• commercial burglary in the 100 block of East Van Dorn Avenue.
• auto burglary in the 100 block of East Van Dorn Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of Walthall Street.
One felony arrest was made last week. Will Phillips Jr., 28, of the 200 block of Beverly Lane, was arrested and charged with grand larceny auto theft, Norman said. Officers reported the following citations – disregard for traffic device, 1; speeding, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 2; careless driving, 3; no/expired driver's license, 1; improper equipment, 1; driving while license suspended, 1.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests - contempt of court, 1; disorderly conduct, 2; possession of marijuana, 1; and petit larceny, 1.
The Holly Springs Police Department is assisting homeowners in crime prevention by offering to inscribe special identifying numbers and markings and recording serial numbers on household items. For more information, call 252-2122.
Tip of the week
Mount a steel reinforcing device on the lock side of all exterior wood door frames. It will prevent a burglar from kicking in the door. Install a locking device on all sliding doors and windows.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page