Thursday, August 30, 2012
Calendar of Events
• FALL REVIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church August 29-31 with Rev. Ronnie Franklin as the guest speaker.
• REVIVAL A three-night revival will be held at Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant August 29-Friday, August 31, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Prophet Jeremy Gatlin of Detroit, Mich. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• REVIVAL Greenfield Presbyterian Church is in revival at 6 p.m. Pastor W. James Lyons invites veryone.
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School will hold its first PTA meeting on Thursday, August 30, at 5 p.m. in the library. All parents with children at the Intermediate School are encouraged to attend.
• MEETING A voters’ registration meeting will be held at Asbury United Methodist Church, 6 p.m. Amber Thomas, NAACP Mississippi State program organizer, will be present. The public is invited.
• BIG YARD SALE Household items and much more, 7 a.m., at the Ida B. Wells Musuem, 220 N. Randolph Street, Holly Springs, 662-252-3232. All proceeds benefit museum.
• Family reunion All members of the late Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine families are invited to the annual family reunion at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Rev. Wilson Reynold at Mighty God Ministry, 219 Valley View, Victoria, 7 p.m. Host pastor is Marvin Brooks. For more info. contact Angela Reynold or Betty Raimey at 662-278-9388.
• Singing There will be no singing held on the first Saturday night at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church for the month of September. We have cancelled this month’s singing due to the holiday weekend. Everyone is welcome to join us again in October, which will be our annual homecoming.
• REUNION A reunion will be held at the farm located on Rabbit Ridge Road – the families of the late Lewis “Chick” Moore and Lettie B. Todd, Sept. 1 and 2. For more info. call 901-447-6784 or 901-387-8791.
• SINGING Chewalla Baptist Church will have a singing with the Downs Family. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m.
• REVIVAL Bluff Springs Baptist Church, Ashland, will have a Fall Revival, Sept. 2-7. Evangelist Clint Davidson from Alabama will be preaching and bring special music. Sunday morning service 10 a.m. with Pastor Faron Ash; and 11 a.m. with Evangelist Clint Davidson; meal will follow service. No evening service will be held. Mon.-Fri preaching at 7 p.m.
• EXPLOSION Greenwood MB Church, 4854 Lamar Road, is sponsoring a Labor Day Weekend Praise Explosion. Featured in concert will be Pastor Gerald Thompson and the Greenwood Mass Choir; and Kevin Davidson and Dominion of Memphis, Tenn. Doors open at 6 p.m., concert begins at 7 p.m. No admission.
• ANNIVERSARY The Great Wings of Joy will celebrate their 43rd anniversary at Jones Grove Church, 6 p.m.
• HOMECOMING Finley Grove M.B. Church will have their annual Homecoming Day at 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. LaDaryl Odum and the St. Mark Church family of Collierville, Tenn. All present and past members are invited. Pastor is James C. Green.
• TOURNEY Byhalia Sports Association will host an adult coed softball tournament, Sept. 6-8, at the Lowry Road location. To register or for more information contact Janice, 901-246-8843; or Chris, 901-326-0753. Deadline for entry is Sept. 4.
• GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION of a Very Present Help Ministry will be held at 120 Randolph Street (former Health Dept. Building), from 1-3 p.m. All are welcome.
• APPRECIATION Davis Temple Outreach Ministries, 635 West St., will be celebrating their Pastor and Wife’s 14th Pastoral Appreciation Sept. 5-7 at 7 p.m. nightly; and Sept. 9 at 3 p.m. Host pastor is Elder Robert Davis. Everyone is invited.
• HUMMINGBIRD The annual Hummingbird Migration Celebration and Nature Festival will be held Sept. 7-9, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Strawberry Plains Audubon Center in Holly Springs. For more information visit strawberryplains.audubon.org.
•Craft fair Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Homemade crafts, food, concessions and much more. Vendors, call before Aug. 31 to reserve your spot. All proceeds benefit youth fund.
• ANNUAL MEETING The Bethel Cemetery Association, Inc. will hold its annual meeting at Bethel Presbyterian Church, 3810 Bethel Rd., Olive Branch, 2 p.m.
• MUSICIANS’ APPRECIATION Rising Star M.B. Church invites all groups, choirs, male choruses to join in songs of praise at 3 p.m. Pastor is Robert McClain.
• ANNIVERSARY Adolphus CME Church will celebrate their 142nd anniversary at 2 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Jessie Johnson of the Greater Antioch M.B. Church in Fulton, Ky. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Billy Williams.
• SENIOR CHOIR DAY Kimbrough Chapel M.B. Church will be celebrating Senior Choir Day, 2 p.m. All are welcome. Pastor is J.W. Smith.
• BENEFIT The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Benefit Program for Min. Sammie & Sis. Curtanya Smith (Min. Sammie spent Jan. - June 2012 in the hospital with a life-threatening illness) at 6 p.m. We are asking for donations, prayer, and participation from choirs and groups. To send donations or to be a part of the program, please contact Sis. Willanda Marshall (901) 864-6697; Sis. Delois Briggs (662) 544-0637; or Sis. Curesa Smith (901) 282-1862. The pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard, Sr.
• 7TH ANNUAL PRAISE IN THE PARK Sponsored by Redeemed Fellowship Ministries Church Youth Department, 4 p.m., in the Holly Springs City Park. The park is located at the intersection of W. College and NW Boundary. For more information call Tamara Jeffries, 662-306-0093.
• TRIBUTE The Stars of Faith are honoring local musicians at Finley M.B. Church, 6 p.m. For more info. call Quatavius Mason at 901-605-1299 or Betty Raimey at 662-278-9388.
• Fifty State Drive Program, Macedonia C.M.E. Church, Ashland, 2 p.m. Rev. Eric Shields and the Living Word Church will be special guests, Rev. Morris Q. Stephens, pastor.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• A spaghetti supper will be held 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall, Hwy. 178, (behind the post office) Victoria. Come join us for good food and fellowship.
• REUNION The Byhalia High Class of 1972 will have their 40th class reunion at the Butcher Shop Steakhouse, 107 South Germantown Parkway, 6 p.m. For more info. contact Martha Echols McGowan 662-564-2219 or Izolar Harper, 901-438-3004.
• WOMEN’S HEALTH MONTH at Isaac Chapel Church, Hwy. 309 S. Annual Day will be held at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Agnew of Beverly Chapel CME Church in Tupelo. Host pastor is Rev. Willie Ward.
• FLASHBACK ’70s Friends of Marshall Academy present Flashback ’70s, 7 p.m. at Oak Palace. Tickets are $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door. ’70s attire welcome – put on your boogie shoes and dance the night away with good friends and good music for a good cause. There will be hors d’oeuvres, an auction, games, raffles, and door prizes. All proceeds benefit Marshall Academy. For tickets contact Anita Gresham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• INSTALLATION SERVICE of Officers will be held at Wilkins Chapel, 11 a.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Lawrence McKinzie. Host pastor is Rev. Robert Odum.
•Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located 1/2 mile south of Goodman on Cayce, will hold their annual homecoming on beginning at 12 noon. We are expecting many guest performers including the Watkins, the Burnetts, and our featured guests will be The Williams Family. Dinner will begin at noon, with singing beginning at 1 p.m. Everyone come on out and enjoy some good food, fun, and fellowship.
• Classes 80-95 will host the 3rd Annual Homecoming Alumni Mix & Mingle weekend October 26-28. An exciting and fun-filled weekend has been planned. Join our group on facebook called “Rangers Run This” or look us up on email@example.com to receive the itinenary and complete details. This event will help provide scholarship funding for a deserving NWCC Student. The activities will include old school music, tailgating, bbq, comedy show, and a night out on the town at one of Memphis’ hottest night spots. Remember ‘aint no party like a Rangers party. Hope to see you there.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page