August 16, 2012
police respond to 101 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 101 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
Calls included – disturbances, 6; alarms, 14; larcenies, 2; accidents, 5; assists to agencies, 3; assaults, 2; funeral escorts, 6; domestics, 3; check on shut-ins, 5; 911 hang-ups, 2; malicious mischief, 3, and 50 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to five calls.
Holly Springs officers took the following reports:
Monday, Aug. 6
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of North Memphis Street.
• shoplifting in the 100 block of East Van Dorn Avenue.
• identity theft in the 1050 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• simple assault in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• commercial burglary in the Thomas Arena/Gun Range area.
Tuesday, Aug. 7
• identity theft in the 1100 block of Highway 311.
Wednesday, Aug. 8
• intent to defraud using a credit card in the 400 block of Industrial Park Road.
• simple assault on a correctional officer in the 800 block of West Street.
• simple assault in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Thursday, Aug. 9
• disturbance of a family in the 800 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Friday, Aug. 10
• assault on a correctional officer in the 800 block of West Street.
• identity theft in the 600 block of West Street.
• gambling in the alley on North Center Street.
• grand larceny in the 900 block of Highway 7 South.
Saturday, Aug. 11
• trespassing in the 100 block of West Falconer Street.
Officers reported the felony arrest of George Kirkwood, 34, of the 400 block of Moss Avenue. He was arrested and charged with residential and commercial burglary, Norman said.
Officers reported the following citations – careless driving, 3; no/expired tag, 2; no/expired driver's license, 1; gambling, 1; open container, 1; loud music, 1.
The following misdemeanor arrests were reported – contempt of court, 5; disorderly conduct, 2; false pretense x 2, 1; disturbance of family peace, 1; and simple assault, 4.
Holly Springs police officers will assist homeowners with crime prevention by inscribing special numbers or markings and recording serial numbers. Call 662-252-2122 to request engraving.
This week’s tip – park smart, remove all valuables, lock doors.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page