Thursday, August 16, 2012
Calendar of Events
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 5-6:30 p.m.
• Revival blow-out at Landmark United Pentecostal Church in Olive Branch, 10204 Goodman Rd., Olive Branch, Aug. 13-19, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Bro. Todd Henderson, Mon.-Tues.; Bro. Matthew Joshlin, Wed.-Thurs.; Bro. Anthony Galena, Fri.; Bro. Justin Hill, Sat.; and Rev. David Henderson Sun., 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pastor Kenneth Stacy invites everyone.
• MEN’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 7 p.m., August 16 and 17.
• PTA meeting H.W. Byers, Aug. 16, 6 p.m. in the elementary staff room. Refreshments will be served. All are welcome to attend.
• Revival Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Aug. 16-18, 7 p.m. nightly with Evangelist Mark Huff. Congregation welcomes all.
• Hunter Ed Class will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, 1569 Hwy. 7 N., Holly Springs, 8 a.m. until. You must be at least 10 years of age to be certified. Bring Social Security number. For more info. or to register for class call 662-840-5172.
• Meeting Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S BANQUET will be held at Liberty Hill Church fellowship hall, 6:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor J.W. Smith Jr. and Kimbrough Chapel Church family. Host pastor, Calvin L. Raybon Jr.
• PHOTO FAMILY SESSION - Strawberry MB Church, Saturday, August 18, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m, Hwy. 311 North, Holly Springs. For more information, contact the church at 662-252-5997.
• Slip-N-Slide Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ will have its annual Slip-N-Slide Sat., Aug. 18, 12 noon. Free food. For more info. call 662-291-4931.
• Fish fry MyIntyre Church is hosting a fish fry at the Chulahoma Community Center, Sat., Aug. 18, 10 a.m. Fish plates, spaghetti, hot dogs, hamburgers, desserts. Dine in or carry out. 662-291-1222, 662-557-0064. Community center, 662-564-2004
• HOMECOMING will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, with dinner on the grounds following morning service and singing at 1:30 p.m. Featured guests will be The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn., and One Way Quartet from Ethel. Wade Crum, pastor, invites everyone.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S 2nd Anniversary will be held at Liberty Hill, 2 p.m. Rev. Charles Gillespie and New Mt. Gillian Church family will be the guest.
• Alumni meeting Desoto/Metro Rust College Alumni Club, August 19, Olive Branch Library, 6619 Highway 305 North, Olive Branch, 3 -5 p.m.
• FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Friendship Christian Academy.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• REVIVAL Finley Grove Church will be having annual revival on August 21-23, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. John Crittle of Macedonia Church from Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is James Green.
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL will be held at Holly Springs Intermediate School at 5:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Parents are encouraged to come meet administrators, teachers, tour classrooms, and get important information. Powell Chapel Lodge will return again with a weenie roast for everyone.
• Revival will be held at Rising Star Church, 2519 Higdon Rd., Aug. 22-24, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Rev. Roney Strong of New Independence Church in Coldwater. Host pastor is Rev. Robert McClain.
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL will be held at Holly Springs Jr. High School at 6 p.m. Parents are encouraged to come and meet the administrators, the teachers, tour the classrooms, and get important information. Powell Chapel Lodge will return again with a weenie roast for everyone.
• Inside Yard Sale , Friday and Saturday, August 24 and 25 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church, Hwy. 178 (behind the post office) Victoria. Come in and browse out of the heat and maybe get some treasurers to help our mission fund.
• Summer Fest 5-10 p.m., Sounds of Summer Music & Art Fest, Byhalia. Walking track, plans for 5K Family Fun Run/Walk, Tractor/Golf Cart/ATV Run, concessions, sponsor tent, beverage booth, sky lanterns, live bands, arts and crafts, kids’ zone and corn toss tournament. Contact the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce, 662-838-8127 or www.facebook.com/byhaliachamber.
• Prayer breakfast Free Branch MB Church, with Pastor John Powell of Jones Grove MB Church as speaker. At the church, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Male choir night, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Aug. 25, 6 p.m.
• Women’s Spa DaY Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, will host a Women’s SPA Day (Soul-searching Practical Admonition) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the church fellowship hall. Join us for a study of the Book of James. For more information, contact Merideth Gray at 901-496-7448 or call the church office at 252-5131 and leave a message.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly will have their regular singing, Aug. 25, 7 p.m. Featured group will be the Williams Family.
• SPECIAL GUESTS First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant presents Carroll and Donna Roberson of Roberson Ministries in the morning service at 10:45 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1450 Boswell Road, Hwy. 311, Mt. Pleasant.
• Choir day Bell Grove will celebrate choir day, 3 p.m. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Anniversary The Twilight Singers will celebrate their anniversary at the Baptist Assoc. building on Cuba St. in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Emcee is Pat Boga. Many special guests and groups are invited.
• HOMECOMING The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual Homecoming Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Evangelist Laverne Oliver and the Kingdom of God Ministry of Byhalia. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• Potluck lunch will be held Sunday, August, 26, after service in the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church, Hwy. 178, (behind the post office) Victoria. Please join us for service at 11 a.m. or just for the lunch at 12 noon. We hope to see you there and the community is invited.
• State drive Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will have their 4th annual state drive, Sun., Aug. 26, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Walter Hoof of Memphis, Tenn. will be the guest speaker. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Revival Winborn United Methodist Church, Aug. 27-29, 7 p.m. Bro. Gene Caltharp, speaker, with special singing. Rev. Neal Vick, pastor, invites everyone.
• Revival McIntyre Church, Aug. 28-30, 7:30 p.m. nightly with evangelist Pastor Arthur Fitzpatrick. Everyone is invited.
• FALL REVIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church August 29-31 with Rev. Ronnie Franklin as the guest speaker.
• Family reunion, All members of the last Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine families are invited to the annual family reunion at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309 S., Byhalia.
•Craft fair Carey Chapel Baptist Church, 170 Carey Chapel Rd., Red Banks, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Homemade crafts, food, concessions and much more. Vendors, call before Aug. 31 to reserve your spot. All proceeds benefit youth fund.
• ANNUAL MEETING The Bethel Cemetery Association, Inc. will hold its annual meeting at Bethel Presbyterian Church, 3810 Bethel Rd., Olive Branch, 2 p.m.
A spaghetti supper will be held Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall, Hwy 178, (behind the post office) Victoria, MS. Come join us for good food and fellowship.
• Classes 80-95 will host the 3rd Annual Homecoming Alumni Mix & Mingle weekend October 26-28, 2012. An exciting and fun-filled weekend has been planned. Join our group on facebook called "Rangers Run This" or look us up on firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the itinenary and complete details. This event will help provide scholarship funding for a deserving NWCC Student. The activities will include old school music, tailgating, bbq, comedy show, and a night out on the town at one of Memphis' hottest night spots. Remember 'aint no party like a Rangers party. Hope to see you there.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page