Thursday, August 9, 2012
City police go to 125 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 125 calls last week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
The calls included – disturbances, 11; alarms, 22; larcenies, 5; accidents, 4; assists to agencies, 3; assaults, 3; funeral escorts, 2; burglaries, 2; auto theft, 1; domestics, 4; checks on shut-ins, 1; 911 hang-ups, 3; malicious mischief, 1; robbery, 2; shots fired, 3; auto burglary, 1; suicide, 1; and 56 miscellaneous calls. The dog catcher responded to four calls.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, July 30
• petit larceny in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of Hudsonville Road.
• commercial burglary in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Tuesday, July 31
• stolen bicycle in the Coopwood Drive area.
Wednesday, August 1
• aggravated assault in the 200 block of West Valley Avenue.
• petit larceny in the Center Street and Falconer Avenue area.
• shoplifting in the 100 block of West College Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 600 block of Neely Avenue.
• stolen mail in the 100 block of West College Avenue.
Thursday, August 2
• robbery in the 200 block of Randall Drive.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 500 block of Highway 178 East.
• petit larceny in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
Friday, August 3
• robbery in the Memphis Street area.
Sunday, August 5
• possession of a controlled substance/uttering forgery reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• auto burglary in the 100 block of Randolph Street.
• suicide in the 400 block of East College Avenue.
Officers reported three felony arrests.
• Corenzo Walker, 24, of the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive was arrested for a third (felony) charge of domestic violence/simple assault.
• Kenneth Garner Sr., 42, of the 200 block of West Valley, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault.
• Josh Galloway, 25, of CR 578, Blue Mountain, was arrested and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance/uttering forgery.
Officers reported the following citations – speeding, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 2; disregard for traffic device, 1; driving while license suspended, 1; no/expired tag, 3; reckless driving, 1; failure to yield right of way, 1.
Officers made the following misdemeanor arrests – disorderly conduct/trespassing/simple assault, 1; driving while license suspended/DUI/careless driving, 1; disturbing the peace/trespassing, 1; public drunk, 1; domestic violence/simple assault, 1.
Holly Springs police will assist homeowners with crime prevention by inscribing special numbers or markings and recording serial numbers. Officers will also perform patrols for residents when they are out of town. Call the department (662-252-2122) to arrange for engravings or for a house patrol. Provide name, address, dates of absence, contact numbers for yourself or a family member, friend or neighbor in case of emergency when calling for house patrol.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page