Thursday, August 9, 2012
Calendar of Events
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL Worship Experience will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• REVIVAL will be held August 8-10 at Liberty Hill M.B. Church, 7 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Walter Lee Rayborn Jr. of Memphis, Tenn.
• REUNION Houi & Wicks Family Reunion will be held August 10-12. For information on activities please call Carlos Jeffries, 662-306-0321; Vonda Mashelle Wicks, 662-934-0558; or Otelia Mack, 773-238-7815.
• AMERICA IS BROKEN! The founding fathers left a blueprint of how to fix it. First Baptist Church, Byhalia, will present the movie Momumental, 7:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome. The event is free. You may call 662-838-3229 for more information.
• Rummage sale, Watson Fire Dept., Aug. 10-11, 8-2 p.m. Rain or shine! Bag sale Fri. and Sat. The proceeds go to the Watson Fire Dept Building Fund. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept, at the old Watson Saddle Club.
• ANNIVERSARY The McAdams Family will celebrate their first anniversary at Jones Grove Church, 5 p.m.
• BENEFIT New Mt. Gillian Baptist Church, Byhalia, will host a benefit program for Betty Matthews, 6 p.m. Betty suffers from a massive stroke and is 100% dependent on someone. Pastor Charles Gillespie invites everyone.
• Back-to-School Blast with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, will be held. For more info. come to Friendship on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. The church is located on Interstate 78, Exit 18, right on Friendship Road, one-fourth of a mile.
• HEALTH FAIR New Dimension Salt and Light Ministry is sponsoring a community health fair and picnic at no cost to the public, from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. The health fair and picnic are co-sponsored by the Mississippi State Department of Health and HomeChoice Health Services. For more information, call DeJeanette Taylor at 662-838-2163, ext. 233.
• Meeting Marshall County Republican Party will meet at Clancy’s Café in Red Banks, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• REUNION Holly Springs High School Class of 1970 will have its annual meeting at the home of Bobbie Mitchell, 2:30 p.m. All 1970 classmates are asked to be present. For info. call 662-801-5361.
• MISSIONARY DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Rev. Ben Norman will be guest speaker.
• Musicians’ love day Christ New Beginning Church, with Pastor Harvey Garrison, Sun., Aug. 12, 2:30 p.m., 440 Martin Luther King Dr.
• SINGING Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, will have a singing beginning at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite all. Featured singers will be Unity Four.
• Homecoming/Family and Friends’ day, Sun., Aug. 12, at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Mark Davis of Wyatte Community Church will be guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, host pastor, invites all family and friends, members and former members.
• Family and friends’ day Christ Temple COGIC, 210 W. Park Ave., Sun., Aug. 12, 3 p.m. Elder Rayfield Cameron and Greater Mt. Olive COGIC of Tiplersville will be guests. The public is invited.
• Missionary Day Kimbrough Chapel Church, with guest speaker, Rev. Ben Norman.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Chulahoma Missionary Baptist Church, 11 a.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Jose Tyrone Wright from the Zion Hill-Barr Church. Everyone is invited.
• SUMMER REVIVAL will be held at Jones Grove Church, 305 Highway 7 South, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Leemar Boyd and New Zion M.B. Church.
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 5-6:30 p.m.
• MEN’S NIGHT will be held at at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 7 p.m., August 16 and 17.
• Hunter Ed Class will be held at the Marshall County Fairgrounds, 1569 Hwy. 7 N., Holly Springs, 8 a.m. until. You must be at least 10 years of age to be certified. Bring Social Security number. For more info. or to register for class call 662-840-5172.
• Meeting Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S BANQUET will be held at Liberty Hill Church fellowship hall, 6:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor J.W. Smith Jr. and Kimbrough Chapel Church family. Host pastor is Calvin L. Raybon Jr.
• HOMECOMING will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, with dinner on the grounds following morning service and singing at 1:30 p.m. Featured guests will be The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn., and One Way Quartet from Ethel. Wade Crum, pastor, invites everyone.
• PASTOR & WIFE’S second anniversary will be held at Liberty Hill, 2 p.m. Rev. Charles Gillespie and New Mt. Gillian Church family willbe the guest.
• FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Friendship Christian Academy.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at the Humane Society building on Eddie L. Smith Drive in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
• REVIVAL Finley Grove Church will be having annual revival on August 21-23, 7 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. John Crittle of Macedonia Church from Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is James Green.
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL will be held at Holly Springs Intermediate School at 5:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria. Parents are encouraged to come meet administrators, teachers, tour classrooms, and get important information. Powell Chapel Lodge will return again with a weenie roast for everyone.
• Revival will be held at Rising Star Church, 2519 Higdon Rd., Aug. 22-24, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Rev. Roney Strong of New Independence Church in Coldwater. Host pastor Rev. Robert McClain.
• BACK-TO-SCHOOL will be held at Holly Springs Jr. High School at 6 p.m. Parents are encouraged to come and meet the administrators, the teachers, tour the classrooms, and get important information. Powell Chapel Lodge will return again with a weenie roast for everyone.
• Summer Fest 5-10 p.m., Sounds of Summer Music & Art Fest, Byhalia. Walking track, plans for 5K Family Fun Run/Walk, Tractor/Golf Cart/ATV Run, concessions, sponsor tent, beverage booth, sky lanterns, live bands, arts and crafts, kids’ zone and corn toss tournament. Contact the Byhalia Area Chamber of Commerce, 662-838-8127 or www.facebook.com/byhaliachamber.
• Prayer breakfast Free Branch MB Church, with Pastor John Powell of Jones Grove MB Church as speaker. At the church, 9 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Male choir night, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Aug. 25, 6 p.m.
• SPECIAL GUESTS First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant presents Carroll and Donna Roberson of Roberson Ministries in the morning service at 10:45 a.m. and evening service at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1450 Boswell Road, Hwy. 311, Mt. Pleasant.
• Choir day Bell Grove will celebrate choir day, 3 p.m. Everyone is cordially invited.
• Anniversary The Twilight Singers will celebrate their anniversary at the Baptist Assoc. building on Cuba St. in Holly Springs, 6 p.m. Emcee is Pat Boga. Many special guests and groups.
• HOMECOMING The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual Homecoming Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Pastor Evangelist Laverne Oliver and the Kingdom of God Ministry of Byhalia. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• FALL REVIVAL will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church August 29-31 with Rev. Ronnie Franklin as the guest speaker.
• ANNUAL MEETING The Bethel Cemetery Association, Inc. will hold its annual meeting at Bethel Presbyterian Church, 3810 Bethel Rd., Olive Branch, 2 p.m.
• INTERCESSORY PRAYER HOUSE GATHERING - House of Prayer Outreach Ministries (553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia) will have intercessory prayer every third Saturday of each month at 10 a.m. Pastor is Commanda Lesure. For more information call 662-874-9186 or Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• HOUSE OF PRAYER OUTREACH MINISTRIES welcomes you to come and worship with us Sundays at 10 a.m.; noon day prayer on Tuesdays and deliverance services on Friday at 7 p.m. The church is located at 553 Tunstall Rd., Byhalia. Commanda Lesure is pastor. For more information call 662-874-9186
• WORSHIP Byhalia Church of God and Pastor Billy and Judy Smith welcomes you to come and worship with us Sunday 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday 7 p.m. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church located on Hwy 309 South invites everyone to join them in worship through songs at the singings each second Saturday of the month.
• HOPEWELL NO. 2 Church Services are Sunday School ever 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sunday at 9:30 a.m.; 4th Sunday at 8 a.m.; morning worship every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at 11 a.m.; 4th at 9 a.m.; and Bible class every Monday night at 7 p.m.
• GED Do you need your GED to get a job or go to college? Classes are offered at Catholic Social Services on Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Let us help you get that job or go to college. We are located behind St. Joseph Catholic Church. Call 252-1336 for more information.
• ATTENTION NEW LOCATION! 3-D Ladies’ Christian Based Diet Class meets every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. at 525 Old Hwy. 78, next door to Latter Rain Church in Holly Springs. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (662) 252-3388
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page